Perfect Weeknight Chili Recipe
My Perfect Weeknight Chili Recipe is just what you need any night of the week! Simple and delicious! This best chili recipe is packed with flavor and is perfect for serving large groups.
Chili season is the best isn’t it? Even though it’s always warm here in Arizona, I look forward to this easy chili recipe all year round! Chili is a staple recipe for us. I make different variations on the regular, but this particular recipe needed to be shared. Seriously flavor packed with just your basic pantry essentials. Give yourself about 10 minutes and this gorgeous pot of chili will be simmering ready to go at your fingertips. Winning!
Check out my video! Be sure to follow me on You Tube for more recipe videos this year!
One of my favorite things about cooking a big pot of chili is I turn it into a couple different dinners during the week. Night one we have our traditional bowl of chili with our favorite toppings. Let’s talk toppings…we enjoy chopped green onions, sour cream, cheese and sometimes crumbled bacon. So good!
If we have leftovers I cook up some rice and make a chili and rice casserole. A new dinner with little prep work in the kitchen. The kids love this.
No judging, but another way great way to use leftover chili is to make gourmet chili dogs. When the boys friends come over, this is a favorite. Hebrew National dogs, covered with my chili and some favorite toppings. Mmmm! Hope you enjoy my Perfect Weeknight Chili Recipe!
Tips For Making The Best Chili
- When you’ve got the time, it’s all about the simmer. The longer you simmer, the more amazing flavor you’ll get.
- I like to place a whole Anaheim Chili inside the chili to simmer as well. You get even more flavor this way!
- Serve this recipe with a nice chef salad with lots of vegetables.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Mason Jars work great too.
- 1 pound ground beef lean
- 1 pound mild ground sausage I used Jimmy Dean
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry's garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 29 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounce can black beans drained
- 15 ounce can white beans drained
- two 10 ounce cans Rotel diced tomatoes mild
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa verde I used Herdez mild
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dry Ranch Dressing mix from packet
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Place beef and sausage into a large dutch oven over medium heat. Crumble and start browning. Stir in minced garlic, garlic salt, salt and pepper until well combined. Cook until browned then add tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes, salsa verde, chili powder, cumin, Ranch dressing mix and lime juice. Stir to combine until hot. Reduce heat to simmer until ready to serve. I like to simmer on low for a few hours before serving to enhance the flavor.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.