Oct
2007

You Can’t Get Any Easier Than These!

Tags: ,

Cookies

Ok, so I’m addicted to making pumpkin cookies, I just had to try these. Thanks to Tricia and Lisa, I made these tasty and simple pumpkin cookies and added a few extras. Check these out, I’ve had about 10 today, pure heaven.

1 box spice cake mix
1 box yellow cake mix
2 15oz cans pumpkin
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (fresh grated, preferrably)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Frosting
1 tub vanilla frosting
4 oz softened cream cheese
1 Tablespoon William Sonoma Vanilla Spice Butter (See puffy pumpkin cookie recipe below), you can leave out if you don’t have it, but totally worth the trip.

1. Place cake mixes, pumpkin, nutmeg and cinnamon in a mixer and mix until well combined. With a cookie scoop, scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet. Bake @ 350 degrees F. for 11-13 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool completely.

2. Mix frosting, cream cheese and butter in a large bowl, spread on cooled coookies. These cookies are great cold! Enjoy!

about 6 dozen cookies

Comments

KacieFlake says:

I am planning on making some pumpkin cookies this weekend. Which recipe do you suggest I use? I’m sure that I would absolutely love either one but you know how picky the Flake men are.

Hi Kacie
    I really like them both, Reed said he liked the cake mix ones better. I do however like the frosting on the 1st ones best. Do you have a William Sonoma in Flag? Have fun!

The Harris Family Daily Chat says:

Glad you like them..maybe I can assist you on the next food network challenge??
    I am so mad at myself..I was at Fashion Square today and totally forget to buy the WS butter..next time!

Hi Lisa,
    You can be my sidekick anytime, if you can fight off Kim and my mom!!

You’ve got to get that WS Butter, it’s heaven!

KacieFlake says:

thanks for your suggestion. yea i think there is a William Sonoma in between the china buffet and the granola store.
    thanks, Derek

Derek,
    Make sure after you open the Vanilla Butter, you put it in the fridge. Enjoy the cookies!

KacieFlake says:

it was a joke Jenny. william Sonoma is only in places like fashion square. not little ole flagstaff

I totally missed that joke! Guess it’s the blonde hair!

nuthouse says:

Hi beautifulJenny!
    I love your picky palate page. Great pictures, great recipes! Keep them coming. I will share my comments on the deceptively delicious recipes that I have tried when I get a few extra minutes, but for now, I am heading to bed. Love Mona

Lindsay says:

Hey Jenny,

Thanks for sending me a link to your fun blog! I love the recipes. We are still doing bootcamp on Thursdays if you are able to come. I miss Jenn too!

Another good tip I found when making these cookies this weekend…after you’ve scooped the dough onto the baking sheet, spray your hands with cooking spray and press the tops of the dough down so they are more rounded. This way they don’t puff up so much.

KacieFlake says:

I made these last night and we love them. We love that it makes 6 dozen so we can share!
    P.S. We hope you can come visit with Reed this week!

Holly says:

Hi there Jenny! Thanks for visiting my blog. I can’t wait to try these pumpkin cookies–they look yumm-Y! (I hope you don’t mind that I linked to them.)
    I love recipes that use cake mixes because they are quick and tasty–sometimes if something has too many ingredients I’ll lose my motivation.

Can’t wait to try some more of your recipes!

Love your “dream” kitchen pic–gorgeous!

Hi Holly,
    Glad you stopped in. I agree, sometimes if a recipe has too many ingredients, I tend to skip over it. Enjoy the cookies.

I just added your blog here too! Great recipes.

Robert M. Andrews/Builder says:

I would like to place an order to go. I would like a bakers dozen of the pumpkin cookies, and a plate of the stuffed shells. Please give them to Cullen to bring to La Aldea. Thanks in advance.

Too funny Robert the Builder, I thought it was bob the builder though?

You’ll have to talk to Cullen to work a deal like that out!

[...] out some pumpkin recipes. I was searching for a pumpkin cookie recipe, so I turned to Jenny at Picky Palate. Incase you can’t tell, Picky Palate is my go-to blog. I just adore Jenny’s simple and [...]

lala land says:

I LOVE PUMPKINS! Jenny you are so awesome, and your boys are so adorable! About all of my holiday presents are going to be your recipes that I’ll wrap up really nicely. Thanks so much for posting all these recipes!!!

Della says:

Hiya! You can simplify this further if you use the right brand of spice cake…

I’ve always used just one box of (Duncan Hines ONLY) spice cake mix, and one can of pure pumpkin. (The can is the same size as a standard can of green beans, I don’t know the weight.)

We eat these for breakfast and for dessert.

Della says:

OH, ahem, forgot to clarify – the version listed above is for MUFFINS similar to your cookies, so of course it needs to be baked in a muffin tin (using the cupcake temp/time listed on the box).

Amanda says:

I made these for Canadian Thanksgiving! They were a big hit. I called them Pumpkin Scones and I arranged them on a plate with the icing in a bowl in the middle. My inlaws are Italian and don’t like things so sweet so it was optional to just scoop up some icing and decadently dip them in if you wanted to. They were great with espresso!

Ashley says:

This is a dumb question but I just want to make sure that I use the ingredients on each cake mix box? So I’d have like 6 eggs 1 cup of veggie oil and 2 cups of water. I am just assuming those are implied since they are on the box. Let me know! I’m excited to make these and bring back to my parents house this weekend.