Oct
2007

Buttery Crisp Snickerdoodles

Tags: ,

Cookies

I love Snickerdoodles! This is a great recipe, the edges are perfectly crisp and the inside is nice and soft. Enjoy!
Snickerdoodles

1 Cup softened real butter
1 ½ Cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon real vanilla
2 ¾ Cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cream of tartar

¼ Cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cream butter and sugar until creamy. Slowly beat in the eggs and vanilla.
2. Slowly add the flour, salt and cream of tartar until combined. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
3. Roll about 1-2 Tablespoons of dough into a ball and into cinnamon and sugar mixture then place on cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Transfer to cooling rack and cool completely.

About 3 dozen cookies

Comments

Emilie says:

I love snickerdoodles, too! I was going to make some recently, and noticed a lot of recipes had shortening, and that doesn’t appeal to me. (Most of the time)
    I must try your version with butter.

I Love the buttery crispness of these. They are tasty. Enjoy!

I was looking at your brownies yesterday and YUM! They look amazing! I rarely make a batch of homemade brownies, but I think I need to now!

Our Cute Family says:

Snickerdoodles are my favorite! (Next to a perfect Sugar Cookie, that is!) Thanks for sharing – I plan to make these this weekend.

Hope you like them Natalie, they don’t last long in my house!

I’ve got to make those harvest muffins this week, they sound sooo good!

Tammy says:

Awsome recipe it is the same one i make and the butter does make a lot of difference

Anissa says:

Just made these. Delish! :)

Arika says:

I just finished a half batch of these. Exactly as described, just lovely!

Hi there, I like your site very much, it has very related content, I found it while I was searching for snickerdoodles on google. Thanks for sharing all this info, keep up the great work you do here.

These look really yummy. Do you mind if I feature you in my new series 100 recipes from 100 blogs? You can read more about it here: http://www.theforeigndomestic.com/2012/01/from-your-kitchen-to-mine-100-recipes.html

Toni says:

I want to make snickerdoodle cookies but I don’t have cream of tartar and I used all my baking soda. Is there any substitute I can use?