Sharing a favorite Snickerdoodle recipe today! These Chocolate Mint Snickerdoodles are crispy soft and full of mint and chocolate deliciousness! Such a fun twist on classic snickerdoodles.
I’ve been obsessed with snickerdoodles lately! After making the Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles I had all of these fun ideas. These turned out so good. Mint and cocoa….win! So fun for cookie exchanges and gift giving this Holiday season. Enjoy friends!
Cream of tartar then a little vanilla pudding mix gives these cookies AWESOME texture. Obsessed.
Beautiful snickerdoodle cookie dough with a hint of mint.
Roll these babies in the cocoa/sugar mixture.
Time to bake!
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
Chocolate Mint Snickerdoodle Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil or 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 3 tablespoons instant vanilla Jello Pudding Mix about 1/2 of 3.4 oz box
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silpat liner.
- Cream butter and sugar in stand mixer for 1 minute then add egg, vanilla and mint beating until combined. Add flour, pudding mix, cream of tartar and salt, mixing on low until combined.
- Place sugar cocoa powder and cinnamon into a medium bowl, stirring to combine. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls, roll in cocoa sugar mix then place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring.