Learn How To Make Perfect M&M Cookies! These really are the best chocolate chip cookies and I simply can’t wait to share them with you!
The Best M&M Cookies
Are you ready for the best m and m cookies recipe? I’ve been making these M and M cookies for years now and they are ALWAYS a hit. In fact, I’m making a batch today for some neighbor gifts!
What defines a perfect cookie to you? It’s quite different for everyone I imagine. For me, the cookie has to be soft and chewy but crispy around the edges with just the right texture. This cookie that I’ve developed has all of those things which is why this recipe is titled How To Make Perfect M&M Cookies 🙂
What You’ll Need
- salted butter, softened– For most of my recipes I use salted butter, but unsalted is just fine here too.
- granulated sugar– This fine sugar brings the sweet to the cookies.
- light brown sugar– The light brown sugar also brings the sweetness to the cookies.
- large egg– For consistency use large eggs for your baking.
- pure vanilla extract– For best tasting results use pure vanilla extract.
- all-purpose flour– Flour is the main dry ingredient for the cookies.
- kosher salt- This coarse salt is commonly used in cooking and baking. Find it near the table salt.
- baking soda– Baking soda helps the cookies rise during baking.
- mini chocolate chips– Mini chips can be found in the baking section near the other chocolate chips.
- mini M&M’s– Find the mini M&M’s near the candy section in most grocery stores. Regular size are fine too if you can’t find the mini.
How To Make The Best M&M Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl cream your butter and sugars until well combined. Pour in your egg and vanilla mixing to combine.
Add your flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt, stirring to combine.
Add chips and m and m’s stirring to combine.
With a medium cookie scoop, place dough 1 inch apart from each other.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Secret Ingredient To The Best M&M Cookies!
Add a few Tablespoons of vanilla pudding mix with your dry ingredients.
Give a nice stir to combine until dough forms.
Pour in your chocolate chips.
Mini or regular size M and M’s.
My kind of dough.
Do not press the cookie dough before baking. Leave just like this. UPDATE: If your cookies don’t flatten after baking as my photo shows below, try pressing the cookie dough to about a 1/2″ thickness before you bake.
This is how they’ll come out. Perfect! Enjoy friends!
Tips For Making The Best M&M Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
How To Serve
Serve cookies for any occasion where cookies are needed. They make the perfect sweet treat. Great for gifting to neighbors and even bake sales.
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
How To Make Perfect M&M Cookies
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- cookie scoop
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing spoons
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 3 tablespoons Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 or 1-1/2 cups Mini M and M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl cream your butter and sugars until well combined. Add your egg and vanilla mixing to combine. Add your flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt, stirring to combine. Add chips and m and m's stirring to combine.
- With a medium cookie scoop, place dough 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Enjoy!