Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Nov
2007

Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

Tags:

Desserts

I love anything gingerbread, so when I saw these on “Peabody’s” blog, I knew I just had to make them today. It is a recipe from McCormick.com and it’s a keeper. The cake is sooo soft and the cream cheese frosting is heavenly, as usual. For anyone that bought that William Somoma Vanilla Spice Butter, add 2 Tbsps to the frosting, it was so yummy! I give this recipe 2 thumbs up! Perfect for the holidays, Enjoy!

Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

1 1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon ground Ginger
1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
1 egg
1/3 cup molasses
3 tablespoons water
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 13×9-inch baking pan with foil. Spray foil with no stick cooking spray. Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; set aside.

2. Beat butter and 3/4 cup of the sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well mixed. Stir in molasses and water just until blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan.

3. Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup of the icing; refrigerate remaining icing. Spoon dollops (about 1 teaspoon each) of the reserved icing over batter in pan. With knife or spatula, swirl icing through batter to marbleize.

4. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Lift out of pan using foil. Cool completely on wire rack. Invert and peel off foil. Spread refrigerated icing over bars. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.

Comments

Emiline says:

These pictures are sooo pretty. I love gingerbread & cream cheese frosting, so I’ll have to make these for the holidays. I’m going to add them to my list.
    I’ll have to check out McCormick for more recipes.

I know, I will be making these again shortly, very festive.

Christie says:

These look so good. I will have to try them soon. I also just made your chicken enchilada soup– tasty! Thanks for the great recipes.

Hi Christy,
    Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting!

Proud Italian Cook says:

I’m with you Jenny, I love all things gingerbread! This looks so good!!

Erin says:

Yum Yum! Now this is what Christmas desserts are all about. I’ll be bookmarking. Happy Holidays!

Thanks Erin,
    Glad to have you, hope you enjoy!

Tiffany! says:

I love gingerbread anything too! Haha, can’t wait to make these.

What i do not realize is actually how you are not even much more popular than you may be now. You are so intelligent. You realize so considerably about this topic, produced me personally contemplate it from a lot of diverse angles. It’s like men and women are not interested unless it’s some thing to complete along with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs great. Continue to keep up!

I usually don t post in blogs but yours forced me to, awesome stuff? interesting

Sam says:

Made these for a Thanksgiving party tomorrow. They’re delicious! Much moister and sweeter than other gingerbread I’ve made. Thanks for sharing!