Nov
2007

Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti

Tags: , , ,

Dinner

Well, so much for my great pilates workout last night. I blew it after I ate this for dinner. This is one of my boys favorite dinners’. They just call it spaghetti and meatballs, and can’t get enough. I love the oozing ricotta filling right in the middle, it’s a great weeknight quick meal for the family. Use any pasta sauce your family likes or make your own homemade sauce if you are feeling ambitious!

Check it out, it’s soooo yummy. I wish I could say it was fat free!

Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti

1 lb ziti pasta noodles
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 small bell pepper of choice, finely chopped
½ medium onion, finely chopped
1 lb ground beef
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 26oz jar Classico Pasta Sauce
1 15 oz container Ricotta Cheese
1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ Cup grated Parmesan cheese
Pinch salt, pepper
2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Cook pasta noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Place olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute bell pepper and onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Brown beef. Add pasta sauce, reduce heat to low and stir in noodles.
3. Place ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
4. Place ½ pasta into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Spoon ricotta mixture evenly over pasta, covering entire dish. Pour remaining pasta over cheese, then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

8 servings

Comments

brooke says:

Your recipe calls for 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and then later a pinch of each. Is the 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper supposed to go in the meat sauce, or with the cheeses? I was thinking that maybe the large amounts were supposed to go with the meat sauce and the pinches in the cheese mix? Thanks!

Hi Brooke,
    The 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4tsp pepper go in the meat sauce and the pinch of salt and pepper for the cheese mixture.

Enjoy!

Emiline says:

I guess it’s just your cooking, because everything you make sounds good!
    I like that you used ricotta. When my mom makes baked pasta dishes, she always uses cottage cheese, and that bothers me. Ricotta is more authentic. Anyway…

Tara says:

no wonder it tastes so good! i always think cheese make EVERYTHING taste good!

Hi Emiline,
    I agree, I love ricotta! I’m not into cooking with cottage cheese.

Tara,
    I couldn’t agree more, cheese makes everything yummy!

Julie says:

Just making the baked stuffed ziti and noticed you didn’t say at what temp to bake it at…

Melissa says:

Hi – i just tried this today for lunch. AMAZING!! Mine was a bit different, b/c i was trying to only use what i had on hand, since it was storming out & i didn’t want to go to the store. It was really good! :) Thanks!

[...] are you having this week? I think I’ll try this Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti and this Deep Dish Pizza… How cool is that?? [...]

Amber says:

Super yum! I didn’t have a bell pepper so I shredded up a couple carrots and put them in the sauce I made…my little one gobbled it right up!

Tiffany says:

Saw this over on Kevin&Amanda…I tried it last night with turkey instead of beef and added mushrooms~DELISH!!

Kim Loy says:

I made this last night. It was so good! When I was cooking the bell pepper I added red pepper flakes, and once the ground beef was cooked but before I added the sauce, I gave it a squirt of that sirachi (completely butchered the spelling) hot sauce for an extra little bite. It was a hit.

Pilates are great for the abs”"”

pilates really made by ab muscles super great,~`

Janine Wynn says:

I wish that I had a few uninterrupted weeks alone in my kitchen to try all of these Jenny. I am making the baked Ziti tomorrow and am so excited. I think trying the southwest chicken won tons too. So many options. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Calvin says:

Amazing! Appreciate it! I always wanted to publish at my online site the like.

Heidi says:

At what temp do I bake this?

Chelsea says:

I’ve just made this and mine looked nothing like yours. I did exactly everything you said to do and mine turned out completely dry. The cheese never bubbled it just went straight to tough. What have I done wrong?

[...] Sunday- Cheesy stuffed baked ziti [...]

made this tonight & it was really good! Made a few minor changes – added garlic with the onions & did not use peppers. Used a bit more sauce than it called for. Added milk to the ricotta mixture to make it creamier. Baked at 375 for 20 mins covered & 5 mins uncovered.

arlina says:

Hi,
    I was looking for a quick and easy but delicious ziti recipe. I found it here about a week ago. I made it for myd they absolutely loved it! Thanks for making it so easy! :)

arlina says:

Hi,
    I was looking for a quick and easy but delicious ziti recipe. I found it here about a week ago. I made it for my family they absolutely loved it! Thanks for making it so easy! :)