This Cheesy Chicken and Rice is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe! It’s a creamy, flavorful rice dish that’s packed with chicken, vegetables and just the right seasonings.
Cheesy Chicken and Rice
Chicken and rice recipes are some of our very favorites to make during the busy weekdays. You are in for such a treat with my Weeknight Cheesy Chicken and Rice recipe!
I love making quick and simple weeknight dinners. My family goes nuts for this flavor packed one pot dinner Weeknight Cheesy Chicken and Rice. Love that you won’t be making a huge mess in the kitchen with this one. One pot dinners are my favorite! I used a rotisserie chicken for the chicken in this recipe. Feel free to cook your own if you desire. Pre-chopping your veggies helps with your prep time.
Made another step by step video for you today. Check it out and follow me on You Tube for lots of recipe videos this year!
If you would like, this recipe makes a great freezer meal too. Make a double batch and freeze one dinner for another time. Perfect for giving to a friend in need as well. See other Picky Palate dinner recipes HERE.
Packed with veggies and loaded with oozing cheese on top. My favorite!
Tips For Making Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Use cooked proteins from the grocery store to help save time. We like to buy a couple rotisserie chickens at the beginning of the week to use for a couple dinners during the week.
- Pre-chop veggies ahead of time. This is a huge time saver as well.
- Try to map out a meal plan at the beginning of the week so you are not at the grocery store numerous times buying groceries for dinner.
Hope you enjoy!
This Cheesy Chicken and Rice is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe! It's a creamy, flavorful rice dish that's packed with chicken, vegetables and just the right seasonings.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute carrots, celery, onions and garlic for 5 minutes until slightly softened.
Pour in chicken broth and stir in rice. Cover with lid and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked and liquid gone. Stir and season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic salt and red pepper flakes.
Stir in chicken and parsley. Top with cheese and cover with lid to melt. Remove lid and serve warm.
Pin Cheesy Chicken and Rice
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.