Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

May
2008

Cookies and Cream Swirled Brownies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache

Tags: , ,

Desserts

I love brownies and have been wanting to make this idea I’ve had for the last few weeks now. I finally decided this morning to do it. I had all intentions of making homemade brownies, but ran out of time and grabbed my handy box mix. You can use this same concept with your favorite homemade brownie mix. Cookies and cream is one of my favorite combos and talk about yummy swirled in these brownies, I knew it would be fantastic !

As if that wasn’t good enough, I’ve frosted them with a decadent chocolate peanut butter ganache that will have you licking the bowl! I gotta run, my little guy is having a hay day with the goldfish all over my carpet! Enjoy everyone!!

Cookies and Cream Swirled Brownies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache

1 box Brownie Mix (9×13 size)
8 oz softened cream cheese
1/3 Cup sugar
10 Oreo Cookies, broken into pieces
1 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 ½ Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
3 Tablespoons half and half

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and place into a 9×7 inch baking dish that has been lined with tin foil and sprayed with cooking spray. **I like a thicker brownie, so I use the smaller baking dish, but you can use the 9×13 inch size as well.**

2. In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in Oreo Cookie pieces until combined. Using a spoon, spoon cookies and cream mixture evenly over brownie mix. Using a knife, gently swirl cookies and cream into brownies without scraping the bottom of the dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center. Cool completely.

3. Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 1 minute. Stir in peanut butter and stir chocolate chips until smooth. Place back in the microwave for 15-30 more seconds if not smooth. Stir in half and half until glossy smooth, then spread over cooled brownies. Cut into squares and serve.

Comments

Stephanie says:

Oh My! Can I be your neighbor & you can bring me treats?

Nicole says:

I’m getting a tummy ache just reading your post! Yum. Double yum.

Patsyk says:

Wow those look great! I just made Ina Garten’s oreo brownies last night, so decadent… I’m sure yours are even more so with the ganache!

I do have left-overs Stephanie!

Nicole,
    Just a few bites is plenty! Oh so worth it.

Hi Patsy,
    I didn’t know Ina did an Oreo brownie, now I’m going to have to make hers too!

My Sweet & Saucy says:

These look like another winner! I love the addition of the peanut butter ganache…my favorite!

Steph says:

Oh Jenny…you’ve gone and done it again. I need to make these now! I don’t think that these would last long in my house!

PheMom says:

Cookies and cream is one of my favorite things! These look like heaven!!

Holly O. says:

I don’t know you but your recipes always LOOK SO GOOD! Tonight, I couldn’t resist these. They are in the oven now!

natalie says:

woah…that just looks like trouble!! can’t wait to make those!

Sara says:

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!! Those look so good! Peanut butter and chocolate is so amazing together and then with the cookies and cream. I want to be you when I grow up Jenny Flake!

nicole says:

Man, Can I be your neighbor too? That looks so good. I totally need one of those right now.

Clumbsy Cookie says:

Yummmmmmmy! These look so rich! I think I might have put on a few grams just by looking at them! They must be great!

Tarah says:

h…my god! Those look… outstanding! Oh I wish I could have one right now..

michelle @ TNS says:

holy jeebus, look at those things! the sugar is making my teeth itch through the internet.

i want one.

My Sweet & Saucy,
    I love peanut butter, so you’ll find I that I use it in most of my desserts. It’s too good not to!

Thanks Steph,
    I’ll trade you one for a cinnamon roll!?

Me too Phemom!

Thanks for visiting Holly,
    Let me know how you liked them!

Natalie,
    Hope you enjoy!

Sara,
    Too funny! Hope you enjoy the brownies!

Nicole,
    I do need to give some of these away!

Clumbsy Cookie,
    Thanks! They are certainly not low fat!

Thanks Tarah!

Mine too Michelle!

RecipeGirl says:

Jenny- you’re seriously ruining my diet. I have all of those ingredients in my kitchen, and it’s a rainy day to boot. Perfect for baking! I don’t usually do the doctored up brownie mix thing but this does look droolworthy!!

LeAnne says:

Wow. That is all I can say. Wow.

Kim A says:

Seriously thee BEST brownies I’ve ever had. I have to make some for Aaron!! Thanks again for bringing me one!

Veronica says:

Oooo cookies and cream in a brownie-that sounds so good! I’ll bet eating them warm with a scoop of ice cream and a little hot fudge sauce would be divine!

Kevin says:

Brownies with Oreo cookies and peanut butter…mmm… They look so good!

brandy says:

Hey Jenny… I just stubbled onto your blog and can I just say that your brownies had me at hello!!They look SO yummy. I might even need to make a grocery run and pick up some Oreos! Thanks for sharing great recipes for all of us bakers.

Emiline says:

Oh, gosh. I wish I had an oven so I could bake these. Maybe I could do it in a microwave…Nahh.

Chelsea_Travis_Baby says:

Do you find that the crunchy peanut butter is just as good as smooth if you want a “nutty” bite? I love peanut butter, but only have crunchy.

Caraqueña says:

Oh.my.word…I believe I’ll be making these…

Prudy says:

Jenny:
    What a yummy treat! How do you decide which recipes to share and which to save for contests? Your last two brownies have seemed very contest worthy!

Lisa says:

Oh yum yum! We all LOVE chocolate and peanut butter. Will have to put this on my list to try.

Gary and Angela says:

I made these Sunday night for my husband and holy cow–they are awesome! Such a good recipe! Thanks!

emily says:

Jenny,
    These look fantastic. Thought I’d let you know that at Smart n Final they have a huge carton of oreo crumbs for about $12. I vacuum seal them and store them and they are great…just like the crumbled cookies but much cheaper and I am not as tempted to just eat them plain!

mona says:

Hey girl!
    Well, I am going to make the brownies today. I will give you an update later. Wish me luck….Love Mona

Rachelle says:

YUMMM! I think I’ll have to make those in 6 months from now, haha I have baked so much lately, I’d probably be in trouble. Those look really good.

Ashli says:

Yum! I made these last night and they were amazing. As my husband was eating them he actually said, “I want to eat these until I get so fat I explode.” Take that as a great compliment.

Autumn says:

Oh……my……goodness…..

Jaime says:

yum! absolutely decadent!

Cheesecakeluvrs4life says:

I made these yummy brownies!! They were a winner with my family! We love them. Will make again!! Thanks love your blog!

Allison says:

Hello~
    I just wanted to let you know that I found your blog via Karen over at http://dobetter.wordpress.com and I think it’s fantastic. All of your recipes looks great, and I just made the brownies for a family bbq tonight…Soo decadent!
    Thanks for all of the great ideas.

The Urban Eater says:

Okay, you absolutely MUST submit your favorite, bestest brownie recipe for me. Purty Please!
    Popcorn and now this ??????

Anne says:

Jenny- I just made these to take to Girl’s camp and everyone was talking about them all week! They were awesome and seriously the best brownies I’ve made yet (and I’ve been plowing through Dorie’s brownie section lately, too!)

Thanks again for all the awesome recipes, they always come together great and are amazing!

Erica Williams says:

We made these yesterday and they are super YUMMY! Thank you for sharing your recipe!

Rachel Roach says:

Taking these to a church potluck—I’m guessing there won’t be any left to bring back home!!

[...] for my own taste.  Or learn the basics and create my own treats.  I found this beauty online at picky-palate.com.  It.  Was. [...]

[...]  Cookies and Cream Swirled Brownies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache (Photo from Picky-Palate) [...]

[…] Swirled Cheesecake Brownies with Almond Butter Ganache (Recipe adapted from Picky Palate) I substituted the ingredients I did (almond butter for peanut butter, carob chips for chocolate […]