Jun
2008

Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars

Tags: ,

Desserts

Here’s another easy, rich, kid pleasing, adult pleasing treat for the summer. I love pulling out my cake mixes and making something fun and quick. Is it any surprise, that there is chocolate and peanut butter in these treats. I know, give it a break Jen! Seriously!

I used semi sweet chocolate chips for the ganache and the “wambulance” came to pick my husband up again, too dark for his taste. So, if you’ve got a semi sweet hater too, please use milk chocolate! The boys and I had no problem handling these bars on our own!

I’m checking out, good night, may we all dream of chocolate and peanut butter!

Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars

1 box devils food cake mix
1 egg
1 stick softened butter

8 oz softened cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 Cup sugar
10 regular size Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, cut into little pieces

1 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
4 Tablespoons heavy cream

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with tin foil. Spray with non stick cooking spray. Mix cake mix, egg and butter together then press into baking dish.

2. Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in egg until well combined then stir in peanut butter cups. Pour over cake layer and bake for 30-40 minutes or until cheesecake is cooked through (it only took 30 minutes in my oven). Remove and let cool completely.

3. Carefully lift bars out of dish using ends of foil. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until melted through. Stir in heavy cream and stir until glossy smooth. Spread chocolate over cheesecake layer, cut into squares and serve.

Comments

CJ, the Purple Diva says:

Too heavenly looking! Can’t wait to try them!
    thanks!

Heather says:

Holy Crap! I am drooling and it is only 6:15 in the morning! These look divine and I will have to try them when I have more wiggle room in my “diet”.

Prudy says:

I’d love them just like this-dark and rich! I’m with you and your boys.

RecipeGirl says:

This looks like a good one. I love to have the doctored-up cake mix brownie recipes around for quickie desserts. I just made a cheesecake brownie for the teachers the other day, but this one looks seriously more decadent!

I’m assuming it’s a cakey sort of brownie since it’s made w/ the cake mix?

Sherri says:

yummy!!!!!!

Sara says:

Wow…these look amazing. I will have to try them out. You must have Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups for a staple at your house! I bet your boys love it! Thanks for the yummy treat!

Maryann says:

This is just plain evil :)

Priscilla says:

seriously jenny – do you always have to post such aboslutely delicious things when i am trying no to eat so much?? i can’t wait for your posts every week….i am looking for the “ultimate chocolate chip cookie” recipe, do you have one or do you have a good all around cookie recipe?

HSDesigns says:

OH MY GOODNESS – This sounds HEAVENLY – Chocolate, peanut butter AND cheese cake? I am off to shop…lol

Texas Mommy 3 says:

WOW Jenny!!!! These look so yummy. I can not wait to try them very soon :) I came on to tell you that we made your wonderful peanut butter marshmallow cookie and it was a HUGE success, I think my son wants you to adopt him :) I will send you a picture soon. Thanks again for creating such a yummy recipe :)
    Amanda

Hope you enjoy them cj!

I know Heather, not exactly good for the diet!

Hi Prudy,
    The darker chocolate the better in my opinion!

Hi Lorie,
    Yes, these are kind of brownie/cookie like bars. Really dangerous!

Thanks Sherri!

Hi Sara,
    Yes, I’ve learned to keep those cups on hand, the trick is to try and not eat them before I bake with them!

I agree Maryann

Hi Pricilla,
    It’s a horrible habit I have to bake so much! I try to give most of my goodies away, that’s my trick!

Hi Hs designs,
    Hope you enjoy!

Hi Amanda,
    So glad you enjoyed the pb cookies! I bet your son loves these too! Enjoy!

Deborah says:

I think we have a peanut butter addict here!! But I don’t mind, because these look amazing!

Clint~Katie~Morgan says:

I know this is random, but do you have any apple fritter recipes? My husband has been begging for some!

My Sweet & Saucy says:

These look just perfect…I wouldn’t switch to milk chocolate in a million years! Great recipe!

Nick & Dorene says:

I love checking your site. Your pictures are awesome. I just want to make everything! I can’t wait to try this yummy dessert! Thanks! :)

Sara says:

I stumbled across your blog a few weeks ago and I absolutely LOVE it! These bars look amazing!! Peanut butter anything is my weakness. Thanks for the great recipes!

Lisa says:

Oh, yum! I could use one of them in then midst of the afternoon with a cup of coffee!

Snell Family says:

I love your blog! I want to make everything I see and these look so yummy.

Jeena says:

Jenny I so drooled when I clicke don this page!!! What an amazing recipe it looks fantastic. :-D

Emiline says:

See? This is my kind of a dessert.
    I think semi-sweet is perfect. I even like really bittersweet dark chocolate.

Patsyk says:

I have a bbq to go to in another week, this may have to be my contribution… I love bringing super decadent desserts and this one looks perfect! :)

Camilla says:

OMG Jenny. I a need to make make some bar cookies for after-church coffee hour this Sunday. This is going to be it!!!

michelle @ TNS says:

this is cruel – i’m stuck here at work, with no means to produce penut butter cup cheesecake bars.

cruel, i tells ya.

Tarah says:

Woo. Oh my!! You seriously have me drooling!! This sound like pure sinfully goodness!!

Your being so mean right now ;]

Steph says:

Yum! Those bars look really decadent!

Kevin says:

Those sound simple and look great! Chocolate cake, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate…mmm…

Fat & Sassy says:

how do you stay so thin?????? these all look soooo good and FATTENING!!! I will try them..thank you for sharing so many yummy treats.

Stephanie says:

Those look soooo delicious! You’re amazing!

Kevin and Katrina says:

I’m picturing your pantry with Reese’s PB cups lining every shelf! :)
    These look great!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

You’re such a evil woman! Why oh why Jenny, do you post this things when I can’t buy peanut butter cups… :(

EAT! says:

3 favs in one recipe – chocolate, peanut butter cups and cheesecake!! I can’t wait to make this.

Kristen says:

Oh my gosh… these look indulgent and amazing! Mmmmm!

Debbie says:

I made these last night and SERIOUSLY ATE TOO MUCH OF IT! It was absolutely DELICIOUS! Thanks for the great recipe!

Anonymous says:

I made these tonight and doubled the cheesecake part, so good! buuuuuuut very very rich, a little goes a long way lol

Love, TasteSpotting says:

oh my – the photos are mouth-watering (an di even hate that word – ha) i’d love to see this post on TasteSpotting, but unfortunately, the cropping tool is cropping your submission in a weird way – could you resubmit with a 250 by 250 photo without the watermark? any photo of course, if your choice, but i LOVE the one with the fork in it :)

looking forward to seeing you TasteSpotting!

Dawn says:

I’m also one of those people sitting here drooling. I will have to save this recipe; I will make this soon, very soon. What a great pic too.

Becky says:

wowowowow. this is the cheesecake of my fantasies! nice.

Cathy says:

These look decedent. I love this is quick and easy as well.
    Yum – this is a must try this weekend.

Cheers
    Cathy

TheDillon6 says:

I made them exactly to recipe. Somehow, my 8 ounces of cream cheese didn’t seem to go as far as yours. I think I’ll double it next time (and double the Resses Cups, too). I’m so hap-hap-Happy I found you!!

Kelly says:

these look a-maz-ing! i hope you don’t mind – i featured this as my Daily Eat on my blog today.

Cheers!
    Kelly

Jessica says:

Can I use Milk Chocolate Frosting on top instead of the semisweet chocolate chips? PS All of your stuff is awesome!!

Shanda says:

Loved these!! So easy and super delicious.
    The next time I make them I will be sure to freeze (or chill) the peanut
    butter cups before cutting them up. We are in Arizona, so they got pretty
    melty and were hard to cut. :)

[...] cheesecake bars on the blogs: Smitten Kitchen: Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Squares Picky Palate: Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars Cast Sugar: White Chocolate & Lime Cheesecake Bars My Kitchen Snippets: Strawberry-Swirl [...]

Aurelia says:

looks wonderful gooey and full of chocolate! Extreme yumminess!!!

Link exchange is nothing else except it is only placing the other person’s blog link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do same for you.