Sharing my favorite edible cookie dough today! Grab a bowl and sit down with some tempting cookie dough with no raw eggs! So good!
Edible Cookie Dough
Have you ever made yourself a bowl of edible cookie dough?! It is fantastic! You see more and more cookie dough dessert shops opening up, there so much fun. I put together a recipe for edible cookie dough that could not be more simple and delicious. No raw eggs here, so you are in for a treat!
Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
Here are your simple ingredients to make your own bowl of egg free cookie dough.
Cream your butter and sugars to start. Also stir in your vanilla until well combined.
Mix until dough starts to form then add the mini chocolate chips.
If the dough is a bit dry, add a good tablespoon of heavy cream or milk to the bowl.
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips I prefer mini
Place softened butter into a medium mixing bowl. Cream sugars until well combined. Add vanilla stirring well. Stir in flour, salt and chocolate chips until dough forms. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or lid until ready to use. Best if NOT refrigerated.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.