Sharing my favorite edible cookie dough recipe today! Whip up a bowl of eggless cookie dough that takes just minutes to prepare. So good!
An Easy Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
Have you ever made yourself a bowl of edible cookie dough?! It is fantastic! You see more and more cookie dough dessert shops opening up, they are so much fun. I put together a recipe that could not be more simple and delicious. No raw eggs here, so you are in for a treat!
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- pure vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- kosher salt
- mini chocolate chips
- heavy cream if needed to thin dough
How To Make Edible Cookie Dough
You’ll be amazed by how easy it is to make this recipe. Here’s how to do it:
1. Place softened butter into a medium mixing bowl.
2. Cream sugars until well combined. Add vanilla stirring well.
3. Stir in flour, salt and chocolate chips until cookie dough forms.
4. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or lid until ready to use. This cookie dough keeps best if NOT refrigerated.
Tips For Making The Best Cookie Dough
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Don’t try to bake this cookie dough. This recipe is for edible cookie dough, not making cookies! The cookie dough itself is for eating & snacking.
What do I do if my cookie dough is too dry?
If the dough is a bit dry, add a good tablespoon of heavy cream or milk to the bowl.
Edible Cookie Dough
- mixing bowl
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips I prefer mini
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream if needed to bring together dry dough
- Place softened butter into a medium mixing bowl. Cream sugars until well combined. Add vanilla stirring well. Stir in flour, salt and chocolate chips until dough forms. If dough is dry, drizzle 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream in dough to bring together. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or lid until ready to use. Best if NOT refrigerated unless using the heavy cream.
Pin this Recipe!