Aug
2008

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cup Treats

Tags: ,

Cookies

Good Sunday night everybody!

I made these fun little treats tonight for my oldest son’s family Birthday party at my Mom’s. They are quick, easy and oh so fun to eat. I just bought this awesome mini cheesecake tin from William Sonoma that made these treat so cute, you can also use a mini muffin tin for a similar effect.

These treats are another variation of my Pillsbury Bake-off entry that I keep playing with. I love the combination of rice crispy treats with brownies and now cookies. Next time you need to take a treat to a party, these will be a sure hit!

I’m off to watch the women’s gymnastics before I crash, have a great night!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cup Treats

½ batch of your favorite cookie dough recipe

3 Cups Mini Marshmallows
2 Tablespoons butter
3 ½ Cups rice crispy cereal

1 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons coconut oil (you can also use heavy cream)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Press cookie dough into mini cheesecake tins or mini muffin tins filled about ¾ way full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and drizzle 1 teaspoon caramel ice cream topping over each cup.

2. Place marshmallows and butter into a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes or until puffed up. Stir in rice crispy cereal until well combined. Scoop a spoonful of mixture and place over cookie cups. Spray hands with cooking spray and press gently to even out.

3. Place chocolate chips into a medium microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in coconut oil or heavy cream until shiny and smooth. Drizzle over top of brownies.

12 cookie cups
____________________________

I couldn’t resist this picture of my cutie. I don’t think he liked his Kung Fu Panda Double Sword from my mom at all! I love my boys!

Coming next is a new creamy pasta that I wish I could eat every day! See you soon!

Comments

Emily says:

Wow Jenny, another home run! Your treats always look so amazing! I love how so many of the most decadent looking ones are easy to make too!

Mary Ann says:

Jenny- how cute are those! You are seriously the best with treats. I have got to get one of those pans. I love the height of those cookie cups. Looks fantastic!

hot garlic says:

Holy Cow Jenny, could you cram any more goodness in there? They are so cute. I can tell you share my affinity for cute little individual things!

HoneyB says:

How precious! I love how you love your boys! I love mine too and they are all grown up!

Your mini treats are so cute. Great idea to take into the office for the students return to campus!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

They are so adorable! I love how they look like cupcakes almost. You know I’m with you in everything that includes marshmallows, brownies, cookies, chocolate and rice crispy treats. Anyway you dress it, you know I’ll love it! Happy birthday to the little one!

Lore says:

Who wouldn’t love these cute looking treats? I’ve been thinking about a way of using crispy rice lately but I’m such a chicken…I’m afraid they won’t remain as crispy as they are coming out from the box.

Tasty Trends says:

my mouth is watering!!! yum!

ayankeeinasouthernkitchen says:

I have a 26 yr. old daughter who loves rice krispy treats, these look like winners. Cute too!

Katherine Aucoin says:

This really knocks my socks off. My youngest daughter’s birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and she’d love forever if I made this for her. I love anybody forever if they made these for me!

Prudy says:

Those are so pretty! I love that they look so elegant but are so familiar and kid friendly too. What a fun birthday party! I’ve got a boy around here who just isn’t happy if he doesn’t have a sword or light saber handy at all times. It’s strangely endearing. It’s got to be that man instinct to protect. Have a great week. I’m looking forward to your pasta.

RecipeGirl says:

I love how you create delicious things like this on a whim. That’s a talent I wish I had!

Michele says:

looks like a total sugar rush…and something that would be a great hit in my house!

carol says:

These look amazing Jenny! LOVE anything to do with Rice Krispy Treats-and bite size too…..well a couple of bites………and VERY good ones at that! I don’t think I’m ever going to catch up on reading all your wonderful recipes….but I sure am having fun trying!!!!!!!!
    LOVE the picture of your little man…gotta agree-he didn’t like that King Fu Panda sword AT ALL….yeah…right!!!!!!!!!! :)
    Thanks for the wonderful recipe,

Carol

~Priscilla~ says:

those look great. i can’t wait to see that pasta dish!

Lisa says:

You make the best treats! I need your secret of how you stay so thin. What a cute picture!

Sharon says:

Hope your son had a great birthday though he looks quite happy with his new toy! These treats are so cute and I can’t wait to try them with a mini muffin tin.

Aggie says:

Oh wow, these really are great! I can see these at any party, young or old! Love them!

Happy birthday to your little one! He is a cutie!

Live.Love.Eat says:

I’m not a big sweets person but I easily forget that when I look at this beautiful creation. And I can’t help but scroll back down to those green beans. Those WILL be made by this weekend!!!!

Kristen says:

I needed this recipe for my daughters bday last night! Instead I made pizzookies with your oreo cookie recipe. I will definitely be trying these. Great Blog!! Love it!! You’ve inspired me to enjoy cooking and love food! :)

Pam says:

YUM. They look, not only pretty, but delicious. What a lucky son you have.

Leah says:

Good gravy Jenny — you always blow me away with the cool baked stuff you come up with ! I would never in a million years be as creative as you. Those cookie cup treats are just darling — you’re destined to win millions!

mona says:

Hi Jen,
    It’s Mona. I had a few minutes this morning to peek in at the goods and I see you posted those scrumptious choc chip cookie treats. They sure were a hit at the party! You are amazing. I wish I could take a little bit of credit for your creativeness, but my cooking, as you know, doesn’t even compare. You have a winner every time! Keep on cooking….. Love, Mona

Mandy says:

Jenny, YUM YUM YUM!!! Those are absolutely scrumptious, I think you have a winner on your hands! I have a bunch of guests in town this week, these will be perfect for little desserts. Thank you!

Amy says:

You are amazing! These look great! My boys are going to love this!!

Kimberly says:

Oh My Gosh!
    I swear, if I haven’t been having withdrawls from the blogging world, I certainly have had withdrawls from the amazing recipes on your blog! :) I have been blog-MIA for the past couple weeks, but its good to be back to your blog and all its yummy-ness! :)

Patsyk says:

Those look like such fun treats! I love that they look like cupcakes, but are actually cookies! Might convince my youngest to eat the “cake” part of the cupcake with these. Yum!

Rachel@oneprettything.com says:

Another AMAZING looking recipe. Everything I have tried from you has been DELICIOUS! I’m linking to this in the Daily DIY.

My Sweet & Saucy says:

Great idea Jenny! These would be the perfect treat for kids and adults!

Candy says:

Those look delicious! Happy Birthday to your little cutie!

Stephanie says:

Ooh, that looks great! I love how you have a knack for fancying up simple things like cookies and rice krispie treats!

Brooke says:

OMG. This looks great. Gonna go in my to try file…it just keeps getting bigger thanks to all of your great recipes.

Bridgett says:

Oh my goodness, these look decadent! They look so fancy just by using simple ingredients, I love it. Will you make some for my birthday? ;)
    Happy birthday to your little one.

Emiline says:

I’ve been watching gymnastics too.
    Tonight, Nadia (?) was robbed from the bars title! Don’t you think? I don’t know how they figured out who won, if they tied.

Anyway, the cups look very good. They’re beautifully presented!

natashall says:

These look adorable! I love mini desserts (help with the portion control). I will need to give these a try next time I entertain. Thansk!

Theresa says:

Great idea!! Look scrumptious. Like the mini portion!

Kitchen Flavours says:

Wow alluring, tempting, devine are the words for those treats. I simply love them. Yummmmmmmmy.

These treats look so fun and of course delicious!

Thanks so much for everyone’s great comments, I know your family and friends would love these! I’ve been meaning to comment personally, but I’ve been busy planning my son’s “friend” birthday party this week! It’s a Lot of work when it comes to a transformer party!

Jonna says:

Hi Jenny,
    I’m also one of your fans, who loves to bake. I enjoy trying many of your recipes. YOu have such a cute family. If you have the time, visit my baking blog!

Aimee says:

I just came across your blog and LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I am not a very good cook or baker, but am so excited to try ALL of your recipes. They look amazing and do-able. You must be a crazy good multi tasker to care for your family and have time to prepare such amazing dishes. Inspiring.

Deborah says:

I love all of the treats you come up with. These look fantastic!

Steph says:

Jenny these are so amazingly cute and they look sensationaly tasty! I can’t wait to try these!!! Your kids are so cute! :)

Diana says:

Jenny- Thanks for the comment on my blog! We all love grandmother’s cooking! It is just a fun way for me to share recipes with my friends and family! I’ve been a reader of yours for a while now, but I never imagined you (or anyone outside of that family/friend circle) would make your way to mine. I’m glad you did, though!! Swing by anytime.

Jeena says:

Wow Jenny! These are so beautiful and I bet they tasted fabulous too.

Kevin says:

Those look so good! I like the idea of a cup shaped cookie.

~Holly says:

Chocolate Chip Cookies & Rice Krispies all in one!! What a perfect treat!! My husband would love these! You are the best! I always love your receipes! :)

~Holly says:

—Sorry I have a spelling error!! I meant (recipe’s) I know I am such a perfectionist!! :)

Cate says:

They are so cute, and I bet they were a big hit. Perfectly scrumptious!

Anne says:

Those look delicious Jenny and are so cute, too! Happy birthday to your boy!

Megan. says:

these looks so delicious and irresistible! thanks for sharing this :)