Aug
2008

Shortbread Cookie Crusted Peanut Butter Mini Cheesecakes

Tags:

Desserts

Wow, already Thursday night. What a crazy last couple days I’ve had. First off, my son’s buddy party was a success. 9 little boys running all over the place for over and hour is always exciting. It’s amazing how fast the presents get ransacked.

Earlier that morning, while doing some last minute party favor shopping with my mom, I noticed a dog in a parked vehicle. Now mind you it is around 107 degrees in AZ right now. I was fuming. This poor pup was panting looking out a barely cracked front door window. We waited 20 plus minutes to see if someone was coming back to this vehicle and nothing! So, I called 911 and a policeman came within 3 minutes. He took down all of my information and told me I might have to go to court if this person gets sited. Fine by me, I’d like to see the creep who thinks it’s ok to leave an animal in a blazing hot vehicle. We’ll see what happens, if I get a call back. Can some people seriously get a life!

Alright, time to calm myself down with some cheesecake heaven! These little cheesecakes are such a treat. My favorite combination of chocolate and peanut butter are at it again. Bite size, creamy and peanut buttery fabulous! I used that fun mini cheesecake pan I got the other day and highly recommend it, go treat yourself to one. I love the buttery flavor the shortbread cookies give the crust, these are a must try! Enjoy!

Shortbread Cookie Crusted Peanut Butter Mini Cheesecakes with Chocolate Ganache

1 Cup ground up Pepperidge Farm Shortbread Cookies (I did this in a food processor)
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2 8oz packages reduced fat softened cream cheese
½ Cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ Cup light sour cream
Pinch of salt
3 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter that has been softened in microwave for about 15 seconds

½ Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons heavy cream, or a touch more until you get a shiny, smooth consistency with your chocolate

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place ground cookies and melted butter into a medium bowl and stir until well combined. Spoon a heaping Tablespoon of crust into each mini cheesecake pan or mini muffin tin. With fingers, press crust down until even.

2. In a stand or electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until well combined. Add in eggs one at a time following with the vanilla, sour cream, pinch of salt and softened peanut butter. Mix until just combined.

3. Fill each crust filled cup ¾ way full of cheesecake batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cheesecake is set. Remove from oven and let sit in pan at room temperature for 30 minutes before removing. Transfer to mini cheesecakes to a cooling rack to cool completely, another 30 minutes or so.

4. Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in heavy cream until shiny and smooth. Spoon ganache over each cheesecake. Refrigerate until serving.

12 mini cheesecakes
____________________

Huge thanks to Lisa from Living Easy for the “I Love Your Blog” Award. Cute and colorful. I always love checking in at Lisa’s great blog. Thanks also to Kitchen Flavours from Yummy Food for the Wilde Woman Award, so artsy! I look forward to checking out all of her tasty recipes. I’ll be passing on these awards shortly!

Still to come are those chilly treats and that great side dish. Have a great rest of the Week!

Comments

Lisa says:

These look just perfect for a party!

SaraLynn says:

These look wonderful!!!
    I would love this!!

Thanks for visiting my blog, I will be back to your as well :)

Jeena says:

Wow Jenny these are gorgeous little things! I love the crust around th edge and the chocolate ganache is mouth watering!

jayna says:

jenny.. we were meant to be friends. chocolate and peanut butter is my favorite combo as well! i love your blog!! i’ve made your little pizzas for myself and loved them. thanks for the inspiration…

Feed the Moose says:

Goodness! These look incredible! Woot!

Dawn says:

I love this. PB cheesecake is the best. I am so bookmarking this.

RecipeGirl says:

I’m going to bookmark this one too. I’ve actually been saving a box of girl scout shortbread cookies with the hopes that I would find something to use them for. Looks delicious! How do you get the cheesecakes out of the pan so perfectly?

Colleen says:

way to go on calling the police. i can’t believe that people think that is okay. not only is it 107 but in the car it can be so much hotter. people like that should not have pets or kids. they obviously can’t take care of them. i’m glad the party went well. your treats look scrumptious. yummy!

Theresa says:

Thanks for calling 911. I’m an animal lover and I just can’t BELIEVE some people. You saved that pup’s life. Your mini cheese cakes look fantastic! Yum-o!

1215656559s20768 says:

These are too cute, Jenny. I just love peanut butter!

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth says:

These look so amazing! I’m going to add this one to my long list of favorite recipes I have of yours!

Kevin says:

Those look so good! I like the size of them.

Janssen says:

Yum, these look amazing. Going right into my del.icio.us files.

Denise says:

Oh how Yummy, Just made these today in my new mini cheesecake pan. They should be paying you commission for all the pans you have helped sell!!

Arynne says:

Jenny
    where can i find a mini cheesecake pan? I want to make these, but I dont have a good pan!

[...] at Picky Palate is always creating fabulous desserts with her mini cheesecake pan. So I adapted her Shortbread Cookie Crusted Peanut Butter Mini Cheesecakes with Chocolate Ganache to create luscious lemon mini birthday cheesecakes. These little beauties were a wonderful [...]