Oct
2008

Giving "Kisses" For Fall

Tags:

Cookies

Boy, already Wednesday evening. This Fall Break is flying around here.

Have you all seen these crazy new Pumpkin Spice “kisses” from Hershey’s? They are fantastic and the second I heard about them I knew I had to have them. The trick is not eating them all before you bake with them.

I decided to make a fun fall cookie with my new kisses. These are just like those peanut blossoms we all know and love, but with great fall pumpkin flavors. Now, I don’t know if we can all handle the 4 ingredients it takes to make these so brace yourselves for some slaving in the kitchen. No, seriously you can have these done from start to finish in about 15 minutes! Woo Hoo, I love cake mix cookies and kisses!

Alright, I think I’m a little sleep deprived today. One more thing, go find yourselves some nice sanding sugar, it’s a bit bigger than granulated sugar and makes a big difference. I got mine at Michaels, a craft store, in the cake decorating section. I know William Sonoma carries some too. It makes for a perfect crunchy coating, definitely a must!!

Don’t they have “Fall” written all over them? Thank you Inside Hershey Blog for the great photo.

Pumpkin Spice Blossoms

1 Spice Cake Mix 18.25 oz

14 oz can Libby’s Pumkin

½ Cup sanding sugar

1 bag Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer beat the cake mix and pumpkin until well combined, about 45 seconds. With a cookie scoop, scoop dough and roll top half in sanding sugar (dough is sticky) then place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until cooked through. Quickly transfer to a cooling rack and immediately press kisses into the center of each cookie. I immediately place cooling rack into the fridge for 15 minutes so the kisses don’t melt. I tried both ways and it melts down if just left at room temperature. Enjoy!

About 36 cookies

_______________________

I couldn’t resist! Have a Great Rest of the Week!

Comments

Leslie says:

Ohhhhh..I have not seen the Pumpkin Spice Kisses! I am now on the hunt!

Carol says:

Leslie,
      I found the kisses at Target! Great price! By the way, the cookies are the best! You’ll love them.

Mary Ann says:

I saw these somewhere and knew I wanted to try them. This is funny! Today I made a cupcake with a spice cake mix, a can of pumpkin, an egg, some milk and mini chocolate chips! Great minds think alike I guess. These cookies look wonderful. I love anything with pumpkin and they sound simple. I will have to try them and get back to you. I am sure they rock! Pretty fall colors too! Love it!

Barbara Bakes says:

Yummy fall cookies and a harvest moon.

Susie says:

Oh my God is that funny!! I love the mooning scarecrow. And, I love the pumpkin treats. I bookmarked it and I am totally going to make those!! Awesome!!

Amy says:

I have tried the new ‘kisses’!! They are yummy!! These look delicious and I can’t wait to try them. I have made choc. chip cookies with the pumpkin and spice cake mix…wonderful!! These are SO pretty!

Veronica says:

Oh boy…I haven’t seen those yet, but they sound great!! I like the scarecrow!

RecipeGirl says:

You sneaky spy, you! I haven’t discovered these yet. Great find and a yummy recipe!

carol says:

Holy Cow Jenny…I just bought some of these last Saturday and thought now what do I do with them besides raid the bag and eat them, then hate myself!? You doll-you’re giving my brain a rest! Sanding sugar…hmmm…will any coarse type sugar work for the rolling?
    Now my daughter’s raving about the Caramel Apple Kisses at Wal-Mart…geesh…I need to stick my fingers in my ears when she starts talking about this stuff!!!
    By the way-I can’t WAIT to show the mooning scarecrow picture to Bob-he’s gonna LOVE IT!!!

Stephanie says:

Those cookies look absolutely great, and that scarecrow is absolutely hilarious!!

Helene says:

I would love to taste those kisses. Great idea with the cookies

Lucy says:

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn’t heard about these kisses!! I’ll be on the lookout for sure!! Those cookies take the cake!! ;-)

Sharon says:

I need to be on the lookout for these pumpkin kisses! Although, come to think of it, I’ll probably end up eating the whole bag.

Hi Leslie,
    Good luck, I found mine at Super Target

Hi Mary Ann,
    Yes, great minds do think alike. Can’t wait to see your cupcakes!

LOL Barbara! Yes, a harvest Moon!

Hope you enjoy Susie

Yum Amy,
    I bet the chocolate chips are a great addition.

Hi Veronica,
    They are a fun sweet treat.

Thanks Lorie,
    I bet you can find them in CA no problem.

Hi Carol,
    Hmmm, now I have to go find the caramel apple ones. That could make a yummy treat too!

Thanks Stephanie!

Thanks Helene!

Thanks Lucy,
    Best of luck finding the kisses!

I hear you Sharon,
    We had some left after making the cookies and they didn’t last long around here!

jen says:

I can’t wait to try these pumpkin kisses, and I love that photo at the end. I have a whole folder of similar pictures stashed away on my computer! You’ve just reminded me about them. Can’t wait to use them!

Steph says:

You bet I will be making these! Thank you so much for the recipe!

That Girl says:

I love those pumpkin spice kisses. I have my whole office addicted to them.

Ryan and Jess says:

I haven’t seen these kisses yet! Have you had the Hot Chocolate Kisses? They are very yummy! Super rich flavor. I bet those cookies taste as good as they look!

Emily says:

Jenny a new door has opened! I have yet to try mint M&M's and now a new treat pops up! Wowser I am going to have to track these baby's down! What a brilliant use for them to, in your cookies! Have a wonderful fall! (I love the pumpkin scarecrow too!)

Kim A says:

These are the prettiest little fall cookies I’ve ever seen! Have you seen my Flagstaff update yet???

Pam says:

These cookies look amazing. I can’t wait to look for pumpkin kisses.

Emiline says:

Cute! I’ve been craving pumpkin.

I noticed they had some decorating sugar at Wal-Mart. Not sure if it’s the same thing.

Nikki says:

Where did you find the kisses? nicholebillingsley@cox.net

Candy says:

Love the scarecrow! Those cookies ARE perfect for fall!

Tasty Trends says:

hahaha that picture is funny!!! is that sitting your front yard??? j/k

what a great fall cookie! yum! i haven’t heard of these pumpkin kisses…i will have to look for them!

EAT! says:

Now I need to figure out how to make that scarecrow. Do you have the recipe?

Allie says:

Wow the products they come out with. I’ll be on the look out for the pumpkin spice kisses. Can’t wait to try your cookies!

Katherine Aucoin says:

These are a must for fall. You are so right Jenny that they have fall written all over them. I am going to get my girls to help me, but I know they will eat them as fast as we can make them

Janine says:

These look good, though I’m not much of a baker I think I’ll try them:)

I’m going to attempt bread in the bread machine today though, hopefully I’ll fare better with that.

Mary says:

I haven’t seen the kisses yet, but I’ll sure keep my eyes open for them. The cookies look fantastic.

Deborah says:

I’ve seen these kisses, but haven’t tried them yet. And I love cake mix cookies – and these look like so much fun!!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

Lol! Is that pumpkin butt yours?
    4 ingredients? Uff Jenny, you’re pushing it here, lol! They look adorable and I’m sure they are the perfect Autum bite. A bite and a kiss, that works for me!

Bob says:

Mmmm, pumpkin stuff. Heh, my girlfriend heard about those kisses and she’s on a mission to get some now.

Meghan says:

WoW! I will be scouring the stores for these candies & will be making these in the extreme near future!

HoneyB says:

Oh my I WANT THE PUMPKIN SPICE KISSES!!! Sigh. I have only seen the caramel apple ones here. Drats.

Hi everyone, enjoyed reading all your comments this morning!

Nikki,
    I found my kisses at SuperTarget in the Halloween area. Good luck!!

EAT, drats, no recipe for the mooning scarcrow.

Rita,
    Nope he’s not in my front yard, I wish!

Sara says:

Wow! These do look amazing! I haven’t seen the kisses, but I will look hard for them now. Your cookies look delicious. Cute mooning scarecrow!

The Blonde Duck says:

I hadn’t seen those! I’m all over that.

nicole says:

You always find something different to put into your recipes. I will be on the look out too for these sweet little treasures. Those cookies look great!

Maris says:

What a great idea! I love pumpkin spice anything but I’m not HUGE on white chocolate so I haven’t picked these up yet. I’m sure next time I see them I won’t be able to resist.

Great fall treat – and cute picture :)

Thanks Sara,
    Best of luck hunting them down!

Enjoy Blonde Duck!

Thanks Nicole,
    You’ll love these!

Hi Maris,
    Not a white chocolate fan huh? I bet you’d still like these, if not, well you saved yourself some calories!!

Beth says:

Wish I could get those pumpkin spice kisses over here!! Great photo- hubby saw the scarecrow and now wants to recreate it in our garden!!! Shame our village scarecrow festival was in September!!!

Alicia says:

FYI for those on the hunt… Jenny mentioned she found hers at SuperTarget; my Target had a sign that pumpkin spice kisses are ONLY available at Target Stores, so that’s where to look if you have one in your area.

Our fall break is NEXT week, and I know what my girls and I will be making! Thanks for the fun idea. We love cake mix cookies.

Bridgett says:

Now this is a treat I would not share! I love that pic, it has been making the rounds for years now and I never get tired of a good laugh from it.

Aggie says:

Oh Jenny these cookies are the cutest! I will have to look for those kisses, yum!

LOVE that pumpkin picture! LOL!!

Marisa says:

Ohhhhhh! Those kisses look SOOOO good and I bet they taste just amazing in your cookies! I can’t wait to try them. This isn’t going to help my diet at all!?!

I know that you’re obviously already gotten lots of awards–but just wanted you to know that you can check my blog if you want because I gave you another one.

~Priscilla~ says:

those are so cute!! and i haven’t seen those kisses yet, but i will be looking for them….thanks for letting me know!

Patsyk says:

I haven’t seen those kisses yet, but I am totally looking for them! I love cake mix recipes… just started making some this fall, and they really are so good!

Megan says:

I hope I can find some of these kisses because I so want to make these cookies. Love the sanding sugar you rolled them in!

Pamela says:

I did not know about these! Uh-oh. Could be dangerous!

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth says:

seriously getting a little crazy how much we think alike. I haven’t seen those hershey kisses but now I’ll be out looking. I just made cookies like the peanut butter blossoms with the candy corn kisses and sugar cookie dough and also with the caramel apple kisses. I will post them as soon as brownie week is over. I love the sugar you used on yours though!