Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Apr
2009

Butterfinger, Milky Way Chocolate Chunk Cookies…

Tags:

Cookies

I don’t know what’s wrong with me, I keep making cookies this week. This one in particular is deadly according to my husband. Once you have one, there’s no stopping at that point! The Butterfinger chunks give the entire cookie a sweet peanutty flavor and the Milky Way makes them nice and chewy. I had a bunch of candy left over from Easter and am sooo glad I did. Talk about a good cookie! Enjoy everyone!

Butterfinger, Milky Way Chocolate Chunk Cookies

2 sticks softened butter
3/4 Cup brown sugar
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 Cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
6 mini butterfinger (fun size) or 1 1/2 full size candy bars
6 mini milky ways quartered or 1 full size candy bar
1/2 Cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until well combined. Slowly add in eggs and vanilla until well mixed.

2. Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix to combine. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the candy bars and chocolate chips until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat lined baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until done to your liking. I take them out right at 9 minutes for a softer cookie. Let cool for 5-7 minutes on baking sheet to set up. Transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.

3 dozen cookies

___________________________________
My Little Cookie Monster

My little stinker/cookie monster enjoying Mom’s latest cookie with his Trader Joe’s Stickers all over his shirt. He’s my best little kitchen helper!

Up next is a great weeknight pasta dinner that’s done in 10 minutes, come back soon!

Comments

Miette says:

Those look ab scrumptious!

Cheers,

Miette.

Katherine Aucoin says:

Your cookie monster is adorable. His face says it all! Great cookies Jenny!

Leslie says:

LOL..your little cookie monster is soooooo darn tootin cute! I could just pinch his little cheeks!!!
    I will take 2 dozen cookies please!!!!

Kara says:

Oh, I am in trouble with this recipe. We love cookies and these look simply incredible!

Your cookie monster is a cutie!!

RecipeGirl says:

We’re either going to make great chefs out of our sons, or they’re going to be 300 pounds! Good thing the little guys are active :)

These sound wonderful, of course, to me. LOVE candy bar desserts.

An Out of Town Mom says:

These look wonderful! I need to make these soon.

Sara says:

Yum! These look delicious! I wish you were my neighbor, cause you could bring me cookies anytime. :)

Mary Ann says:

These cookies look amazing! I wish I had leftover candy, but these give me a good excuse to go and buy some!

Bob says:

Oh man, those look awesome! I love cookies with candy in them, you just can’t beat that.

Diana says:

Oh my! Those look very dangerous, I’m usually a one cookie kind of gal but I think I’d get addicted to those.

carol says:

Ms. Jenny-did you peek in my freezer and see those Butterfingers and Milky Way? :)
    Seriously-these look SO yummy…how can I resist making them? Oh my…I’d better have a place to take them or it’s all over but the scale exploding!

Kristen says:

What are you doing to my diet? These look amazingly wonderful and I will have to make them for my little cookie monsters too

~Dana says:

Love the cookie monster part! Yum!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

I would have to agree with your husband! They do look deadly!!! Your kid is sooooooooooo cute!

Erin says:

Jenny–why did you post these!!! Now I have to make them with the left over Easter chocolates we still have! How do I not eat all of them!!

Steph (I am Bee) says:

those DEFINITELY look like something i’d love!

the ungourmet says:

Oh no! My kids spotted these and now they are demanding that I make them! What have you done!

Debbie says:

Oh do those cookies look good!!!

Katrina says:

GREAT additions! Yum.

renae says:

Holy cow! I have to make those!!
    By the way, I watched you make your southwestern mac and cheese last night…it looked so fantastic! And you were great, you looked so relaxed and at home!

Cee Tindall says:

What a delish cookie. Cookie Monster is so cute!!

JOY says:

YUM! As a mom of 4 cookie monsters – I gotta make this one! Thanks for the nummy recipe!

Liz says:

My oldest son (age 14) has a wicked sweet tooth. I’m sure he’d love to spend a week at your house! Delish…

Jen says:

Awesome! I can tell how deadly delicious it is just by looking at your cute cookie monster =)

cindy says:

I will be trying these!

CookiePie says:

Your cookies always sound soooo delectable! And your son is just too cute :)

Kim says:

The cookies and your cookie monster are just wonderful!

Marta says:

oh wow! Butterfingers are only like my favourite candy, why hadn’t I thought of putting them into a cookie? I guess that’s why the food blogging world is amazing, so I can find enlightenment in blogs like yours :)

Never thought I'd be a soccer mom! says:

I finally made these Saturday and they were fabulous. The first batch out of the oven were gone within 5 minutes after I put them on the cooling racks. They were PERFECT. Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous says:

I can't say enough how impressed I was with these cookies! I made them for a Memorial Day bbq and was surprised at how quickly they disappeared. They are the perfect amount of sweet and chewy, and look great. I've made them 3 times now, and they have turned out consistently delicous. I loved even the base recipe and would love to try other treats baked into it.

Rock Star says:

these look amazing. i have to make cookies for my co-workers and one of them is allergic to nuts…how do u think these would taste without the butterfinger?

beth says:

I think I have gained 10 lbs just looking at all your recipes! LOL

Laura says:

I have finally met my sole mate baker. I thought I was the only one who liked to make the ooey, gooey, super rich, over the top goodies, but apparently not. Love, love, love your ideas and have already tried a few. Keep up the good work!

Naturally, what a excellent web site and informative posts, I’ll add backlink – bookmark this web site? Regards,Reader.

char0409 says:

I made these cookies this afternoon. They are awesome!!!! Next on the list, your peanut butter egg/cup cookies (sadly, the eggs are gone so I’ll have to substitute with the pb cups). Thanks for sharing your amazing recipes! I love your blog!

Cindy says:

Did you try these in the muffin top pans? I wonder how they’d turn out?? I may try that…….if I do I’ll let you know.

Jennifer says:

Sara, I am her neighbor and we just were treated to these delicous cookies yeterday!! :-). We love living next to such a great cookie maker!!!

[...] I used Butterfingers and Milky Ways (thanks to some encouragement from my favorite food blog, Picky Palate). I was a little worried about the Butterfinger remnants getting stuck in my teeth, as so often is [...]

Jackie says:

Hi

What happened to the picture photos in this posting.

Cherryl Levy says:

I have learn some excellent stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot attempt you set to make any such great informative web site.

Lyss says:

From someone who made them: Made them, loved them. Will be making them for the THIRD time soon. The only thing that was tricky was chopping up the Butterfingers.