Sharing my favorite chocolate chip cookie bars today! My Vanilla Malted Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe are the perfect goodie to treat your family and friends!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Does it get better than Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars? I think not :)My Vanilla Malted Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars have the perfect buttery crisp outsides with the most sinful chocolatey soft centers. They are also great for packaging up for a potluck or gift giving to family and friends. My boys brought them to their Father’s and Son’s Camp trip last weekend and lets just say they didn’t bring any back with them, haha! Enjoy!
Start by creaming your butter and sugars.
Mix in 2 lovely eggs and some extra vanilla 🙂
Time for the dry ingredients including the malted milk powder. Mmmm!
I used these fabulous Hershey Baking Melts that will give you the oozing chocolate effect when cutting into squares. Chocolate chunks work great too.
Add some chocolate chips for good measure.
Why do I love cookie dough so much? Irresistible!!!
Divide into two 8×8 inch baking pans or one 9×13 pan lined with parchment paper.
Spread evenly and time to bake!!
Just you wait until you cut into these babies. You’ll have chocolatey chunks like this waiting for you 🙂
Totally optional, but anytime I make bars, I’ll cut off 1/2 inch pieces around edges so I have more even squares. Don’t worry, the edges don’t go to waste. My kids probably like the edges better than the bars themselves. The trick is letting the bars cool for a good 45 minutes-1 hour. Once they are cooled cut them into squares and enjoy.
Isn’t that melted chocolate fabulous?! Have fun!
Tips For Making The Best Cookie Bars
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie bar.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookie bars. Bars will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before cutting into squares and storing in containers. This will keep their crispness.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
Malted Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/2 cup Carnation Malt Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 ounce bag Chocolate Melts or chocolate chunks work too
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 8×8 inch baking pans with parchment paper.
- Place butter and sugars into stand mixer beating until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla beating to combine. Slowly add flour, malt powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate melts and chips. Stir on low until just combined.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts and spread evenly into prepared baking pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and baked through. Let cool completely then cut into bars.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board