May
2009

Happy Mother’s Day…..Now Let Us Eat Dip!

Tags: , ,

Appetizers and Sides

Happy Mother’s Day ladies! What a special day. As crazy as my children make me at times, and as exhausted as I get some days, I look at these cute little faces and realize this is exactly what I love doing, being a Mom. Wish I could say I was the perfect Mom, but that’s not happening any time soon! Hope you all get to enjoy some pampering, good food and sweet cards today from your loved ones!

I am so grateful for my Mom aka “Mona” as I’ve nicknamed her. She is my best friend and I miss her like crazy! I just wish we could have spent the day together, that would have been perfect. Happy Mother’s Day, xoxox!

_________________________

Last week I was in pure heaven scarfing down every last bit of my Spinach Artichoke Dip. There is just nothing better than to dip crispy chips into hot and cheesy baked dip full of naughty goodness! You’ll find this dip a breeze to whip up and is oh so good. I hope you will treat yourself to a nice little or even better BIG bowl soon, you certainly won’t be sorry. Enjoy!

Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip, Picky Palate Style!

1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
4 Cups fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped (or 10 oz of frozen spinach, thawed and drained well)
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1/2 Cup reduced fat mayonnaise (I felt a little better this way!)
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 teaspoon Tabasco Hot Sauce
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 Cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (go for the real stuff that you grate yourself, it makes a world of difference here, mmm!)
13 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
1 1/2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Heat oil into a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook spinach for about 3 minutes or until it’s wilted down. Stir in garlic for 1 minute then remove from heat. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the mayonnaise, cream cheese, hot sauce, salt, pepper, parmesan and artichokes; mix until well combined. Pour into a small baker or 2 individual smaller bakers. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 25-3o minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with favorite chips or sourdough bread, enjoy!

See you soon with some sweet treats! Enjoy your Day!

Comments

Coleen's Recipes says:

How gooey and delicious…great photos. Your boys are so cute. Happy Mothers Day!!!!!!!

HoneyB says:

Jenny, I am SURE your boys think you are the perfect mom and they would be sad if they didn’t have YOU! When they get a little older (if they don’t already) they probably will tell you that you are the perfect mom! The way you love your family is good enough for me to think your as perfect as perfect can get. ;o) Happy Mother’s Day!

Cristine says:

Happy Mother’s Day!!!

That dip looks AMAZING! I want to eat my computer screen! :)

Kristen says:

Happy Mother’s Day, what cute kids!
    I love the dip, you have me drooling for it and it’s just after breakfast here!

Looks delicious! None of us are perfect, we can only do the best we can. Happy Mothers Day!

Alisa - Frugal Foodie says:

Those pictures are adorable!

Mary says:

Jenny, the only thing that keeps us from being perfect Moms is life! Year’s ago Erma Bombeck wrote a book called “Motherhood, the Second Oldest Profession” which is well worth reading when you get some time (like 20 years from now). At any rate, her insights regarding “Everyone Elses’ Mom” will make all mothers – young and old – smile. Have a great day. Hugs.

Rachelle @ "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" says:

That looks delicious! Happy Mother’s Day to you!

carol says:

Your boys are so sweet, Jenny…and don’t you worry-they think you’re pretty perfect.
    Your dip looks WONDERFUL…all that ooey-gooey cheesy goodness…YUM!
    Happy Mother’s Day to you! :)

Katrina says:

LOVE spinach/artichoke dip. Happy Mom’s Day!

Meg says:

Happy Mother’s Day! Look at that yumminess! I bet it is delicious!

Patsyk says:

Hope you had a great Mother’s Day! That dip is something I know I wouldn’t be able to resist… perfect combination of flavors!

Bunny says:

Happy Mother’s Day Jenny, I love all the pictures of your boys and you and your mom!!

Kerstin says:

Happy Mother’s Day – your boys are adorable! And, your dip looks so yummy, it’s just the kind of thing that disappears first at parties :)

Chef Chuck says:

That dip look highly addictive!! Yumm.

Lynda says:

How gooey and tempting this is! I’ll have to try this soon!

Meghan says:

Happy (belated) Mother’s Day!!!

Spinach artichoke dip is my ALL time FAVORITE dip! Yours looks awesome- so cheesy! I’m saving this recipe!!!

Marta says:

I hope you enjoyed a lovely Mother’s Day! That dip looks glorious! I’m glad you used cream cheese as a base, that just adds so much richness!
    Thansk for sharing it!

Denise says:

I have a question: You say “small baker,” but your pot looks pretty big! About how big of a pot does this fill? Thanks! Looks delicious, can’t wait to try it!

Eli's Lids says:

Just found your blog while hopping around during nap time! Can’t wait to try some of your ideas!!!
    I’m an OC mama too :)

Stacey says:

Oh my goodness that dip is making my mouth water just looking at it! So yummmm!

Live.Love.Eat says:

I LOVE this kind of dip!!!!! Glad to hear you had a terrific Mom’s Day!

Aggie says:

Yea, that’s my kind of dip for sure!!! Looks heavenly!

Denise says:

Me again — I made the dip for a work potluck, and it was a big hit! Turned out at the last minute I realized I was out of hot sauce, so I substituted cayenne powder and it turned out just fine. My mozz wasn’t as ooey gooey though — perhaps I should have used whole milk instead of part-skim? I used to remember which melted gooier, but now I forgot. . .:-)

Anyways, thanks Jen we all loved it!

Kimm Geria says:

Okay that just looks sinfully good. I am excited to make this dip. Thanks for your awesome recipes and your site is so much fun.

Kimm Geria says:

Me and my son just made this dip today. All I can say is it is wonderful. My husband came down from playing his online poker game and endedup packing himself a seperate bowl and chips to take back up stairs. This was gooey, cheesy delicious and will make many more times.

Thank You PP for your wonderful recipes I am so happy I found you.

Cassandra says:

Spinach artichoke dip is one of my favourites! My baking class made this one day when we were getting ready to serve some stuff up in the school resturant and I forgot to get the recipe, it’s funny, I was just thinking about this dip like an hour ago! Nom nom nom nom! THANK YOU!