Jun
2009

Crockpot Green Chili Chicken and Rice with Blue Corn Chip Crumbles

Tags:

Dinner

Good Monday everyone! Hope the weekend treated you all well. Here’s the yummy Sunday dinner we had last night that was lickety split simple and delicious. Toss it all in the crock pot and “voila’” done before you know it. It is nice and mild for the whole family, but if you like a little spice like I do, add a little hot sauce over top yours. Yum!

Hope you all enjoy!

Crockpot Green Chili Chicken and Rice with Blue Corn Chip Crumbles

3-4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
2 cans 98% fat free Cream of Chicken soup
4 0z can chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s garlic salt with parsley

6 Cups steamed rice of choice
Blue Corn Tortilla Chips, crumbled for garnish

1. Place chicken, soup, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic salt into crockpot on low. Let cook for 6-8 hours or until chicken is fork tender and falls apart easily. With 2 forks, shred chicken in the sauce and season with additional seasonings if desired. Spoon over bowls of rice then garnish with crumbled tortilla chips.

4 servings

_______________________________
Kindergarten Open House

Last Thursday was one of the biggest nights of the school where they invited all the parents to Open House to see all the wonderful work/projects the children have done all year. My little guy was so proud walking us through his classroom. I just had to post his picture! Crazy that they still have 2 more weeks of school before summer.

I caught this great shot of my husband and 4 year old chasing each other on the way to the car. I love it!

___________________________

Enjoy your week! Come back soon for something “Sweet!”

Comments

HoneyB says:

Your crockpot meal sounds so delicious!!! I love the last photo of hubby & son!

Meghan says:

Jenny this looks great! Is there supposed to be a can of chopped green chiles in the recipe? It looks like it from the pictures. Love the pictures from kindergarten!

Jennifer says:

I popped in to say the same thing ! The name implies that there *might* be a little more than cumin in the recipe :)

Nutmeg Nanny says:

Super delicious!!!

Looks delicious.

Thanks for helping me edit my recipe ladies! It's fixed and ready to go!

Kevin says:

This chicken sounds tasty! Now that I have a crockpot I have been looking for some recipes to give it a workout.

Kerstin says:

Looks like a such a flavorful meal that is also quick and easy – love the blue corn chip crumbles on top!

Chef Jeena says:

Lovely recipe Jenny especially with the corn chip crumbles. :-)

Kara says:

This looks so darn yummy! I am always on the lookout for a great crock pot recipe, so this one is going right into my file.

Kristen says:

What a cutie your son is!
    Your chicken dish surprised me, it was completely different than I thought it would be, but it looks very easy and delicious!

Marta says:

Such a precious evening! It's so nice to get a glimse of their school-world and enjoy those times together :)
    Lovely crockpot chili, I like the tortilla crumble on top, nice and crunchy :)

Katrina says:

Great dinner.
    Love that action shot of the boys! ;)

Cami D. says:

JENNY!! I love love that picture of C chasing little man – so cute. I'm excited to try this it looks delicious! I hope you guys are doing well!

ChrisKatieKelly says:

Is this supposed to be crushed cumin or whole cumin seeds? All I have is whole and I really don't want to take 4 kids to the grocery store for ground cumin!

Sarah R. says:

I just wanted to let you know that I made this and was delicious! I also adapted the recipe into a curry using curry paste, raisins, and topping with mango chutney.

~Diana~ says:

I stumbled across your website yesterday and I'm glad I did. I made this tonight and it was DELICIOUS! I love easy crockpot recipes.

I substituted healthier options. I used 98% FF Cream of Chicken and put the mixture over brown rice.

So yummy! Thanks again.

kristen says:

hi there-
    how maby cans of green chiles does this recipe need?
    thx

Lisa O says:

Just trying to mix things up a little and plan out a bit of a longer menu since we’re entering into the extra busy time of year. This sounds delish and super, duper easy.

Can’t wait to try!

Lisa

[...] this afternoon since it was in the crock pot. I used a recipe that I had found on Picky Palate- Crockpot Green Chili Chicken & Rice with Blue Corn Chip Crumbles. I made it for 2 people instead & TOTALLY FORGOT the corn chips-  bummer!! & I knew the [...]

Anchor1 says:

Excellent points altogether, you simply received a new reader. What might you suggest about your submit that you simply made some days ago? Any certain?

I’m now not sure where you’re getting your info, but good topic. I must spend some time learning more or working out more. Thanks for magnificent info I was in search of this information for my mission.

Kimberly says:

Excited to try! I added some diced tomatoes to it as well!!

Oyunu says:

What’s up to every one, the contents existing at this website are genuinely awesome for people experience, well, keep up the nice work fellows.

Kat D.R. says:

Very good! I just used regular tortilla chips and didn’t use any with the leftovers. Great and easy recipe!