This simple yet hearty ravioli soup is quick to make and warms you right up! My Italian Chicken Ravioli Soup is perfect for Winter months.
Making soup for during Winter months is such a treat. The ultimate comfort food. This ravioli soup is quick to prepare and just makes you feel warm and cozy!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This soup recipe tastes like comfort food in a bowl!
- It’s simple to make.
- It makes the perfect dinner any night of the week.
What You’ll Need For Easy Chicken Soup Recipe
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this easy chicken soup recipe. See the recipe card located at the bottom of the post for full instructions and details.
- ravioli, dried fresh or frozen– In the refrigerated section near the cheeses, you can often times find fresh ravioli that you boil quickly. It’s perfect for this soup recipe.
- extra virgin olive oil– You’ll use the olive oil to saute the vegetables.
- white onion– Any of your favorite onion variety works just fine here. Make sure you finely chop.
- carrots– Wash, peel and dice your carrots to get ready to saute.
- celery– Wash, dry and dice celery the same size as your carrots.
- garlic– Fresh garlic or minced garlic already minced in jar works fine too.
- reduced sodium chicken broth– I use reduced sodium chicken broth for all of my soups.
- rotisserie chicken– Grab a rotisserie chicken ahead of time, remove chicken from bones and save in the refrigerator for quick dinner recipes such as this soup recipe.
- Italian Dressing Seasoning Mix– Find this seasoning mix in the salad dressing section. You can buy individual envelopes or they usually come in a 4 pack as well.
- kosher salt– This is a coarse salt, I prefer using it for my cooking and baking.
- freshly ground black pepper– Freshly cracked black pepper for best tasting results.
- shredded Parmesan Cheese– I like to find the fresh grated Parmesan cheese found in the refrigerated section near the other cheeses.
- fresh or dried parsley– Fresh parsley adds a nice layer of freshness and color to the soup.
How To Make Chicken Ravioli Soup
Cook Ravioli. Cook ravioli according to package directions. You want pasta do be cooked until al dente, 1 minute less than directed is generally what I do. Careful not to overcook ravioli as it will cook in hot soup too. Drain and set aside.
Saute Vegetables. Place olive oil in large pot over medium heat. When hot, add onion, carrot, celery and garlic to pot. Cook and stir until softened, about 8-10 minutes.
Add Remaining Soup Ingredients. Add chicken broth, chicken, dressing seasoning, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Stir and reduce heat to simmer. Stir in parsley and simmer until ready to serve. Serve warm with rolls for dipping. Garnish each bowl of soup with additional shredded Parmesan Cheese.
Should I Use Fresh or Frozen or Dried Ravioli?
I used dried ravioli pasta that I find at Trader Joe’s, but use fresh or frozen ravioli if you’d like. You’ll cook it until right before al dente before adding to the soup.
Garnish with fresh or dried parsley to soup.
Recipe Tips For Success
- Chop vegetables up to a day in advance to save time.
- You can cook the ravioli up to a day in advance as well. Store in a ziptop bag drizzled with olive oil in the refrigerator.
- Be sure to watch the ravioli carefully as it cooks. You want to avoid an overcooked pasta. Remove from heat when ravioli is al dente.
How To Serve Chicken Soup
Serve soup warm in soup bowls. Top with additional shredded Parmesan Cheese if desired. Also serve with a soft roll for dipping.
How To Store Leftovers
Refrigerate. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
Reheating Instructions. Reheat soup in a heat safe bowl lightly covered in the microwave for 60-90 seconds, until hot.
Freezing Instructions. Freeze cooled soup in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Try More Soup Recipes
Italian Chicken Ravioli Soup
- Dutch Oven or large pot
- cutting board
- chef knife
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing spoon
- 1 pound dried fresh or frozen ravioli
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 48 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- two 0.7 ounce packets Italian Dressing Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Cook until al dente, 1 minute less than directed. Careful not to overcook ravioli as it will cook in hot soup too. Drain and set aside. Place olive oil in large pot over medium heat. When hot, add onion, carrot, celery and garlic to pot. Cook and stir until softened, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, chicken, cooked ravioli, dressing seasoning, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Stir and reduce heat to simmer. Stir in parsley and simmer until ready to serve. Serve warm with rolls for dipping. Garnish each bowl of soup with additional shredded Parmesan Cheese.