Sharing a simple yet hearty ravioli soup today! My Italian Chicken Ravioli Soup is perfect for Winter months. Warms you right up!
Making soup for during Winter months is such a treat. The ultimate comfort food. This ravioli soup is quick to prepare and just makes you feel warm and cozy!
What You’ll Need For Easy Chicken Soup Recipe
- ravioli, dried fresh or frozen– In the refrigerated section near the cheeses, you can often times find fresh ravioli that you boil quickly. It’s perfect for this soup recipe.
- extra virgin olive oil– You’ll use the olive oil to saute the vegetables.
- white onion– Any of your favorite onion variety works just fine here. Make sure you finely chop.
- carrots– Wash, peel and dice your carrots to get ready to saute.
- celery– Wash, dry and dice celery the same size as your carrots.
- garlic– Fresh garlic or minced garlic already minced in jar works fine too.
- reduced sodium chicken broth– I use reduced sodium chicken broth for all of my soups.
- rotisserie chicken– Grab a rotisserie chicken ahead of time, remove chicken from bones and save in the refrigerator for quick dinner recipes such as this soup recipe.
- Italian Dressing Seasoning Mix– Find this seasoning mix in the salad dressing section. You can buy individual envelopes or they usually come in a 4 pack as well.
- kosher salt– This is a coarse salt, I prefer using it for my cooking and baking.
- freshly ground black pepper– Freshly cracked black pepper for best tasting results.
- shredded Parmesan Cheese– I like to find the fresh grated Parmesan cheese found in the refrigerated section near the other cheeses.
- fresh or dried parsley– Fresh parsley adds a nice layer of freshness and color to the soup.
How To Make Chicken Ravioli Soup
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Cook until al dente, 1 minute less than directed. Careful not to overcook ravioli as it will cook in hot soup too. Drain and set aside. Place olive oil in large pot over medium heat. When hot, add onion, carrot, celery and garlic to pot. Cook and stir until softened, about 8-10 minutes. Add chicken broth, chicken, dressing seasoning, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Stir and reduce heat to simmer. Stir in parsley and simmer until ready to serve. Serve warm with rolls for dipping. Garnish each bowl of soup with additional shredded Parmesan Cheese.
Should I Use Fresh or Frozen or Dried Ravioli?
I used dried ravioli pasta that I find at Trader Joe’s, but use fresh or frozen ravioli if you’d like. You’ll cook it until right before al dente before adding to the soup.
Use two packets of Italian Dressing Seasoning for the soup. Find it in the dressing isle of your grocery store. I get a 4 pack that comes in a small box. Generally by the Ranch Dressing packets as well.
Add seasonings to the pot, reduce heat to simmer.
Add shredded Parmesan Cheese and let simmer until ready to serve. Careful not to heat soup too hot, it will cause ravioli to overcook and break.
Add fresh or dried parsley to soup.
How To Serve Chicken Soup
Serve soup warm in soup bowls. Top with additional shredded Parmesan Cheese if desired. Also serve with a soft roll for dipping.
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. Heat as needed to re-serve.
Italian Chicken Ravioli Soup
- Dutch Oven or large pot
- cutting board
- chef knife
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing spoon
- 1 pound dried fresh or frozen ravioli
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 48 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- two 0.7 ounce packets Italian Dressing Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Cook until al dente, 1 minute less than directed. Careful not to overcook ravioli as it will cook in hot soup too. Drain and set aside. Place olive oil in large pot over medium heat. When hot, add onion, carrot, celery and garlic to pot. Cook and stir until softened, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, chicken, cooked ravioli, dressing seasoning, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Stir and reduce heat to simmer. Stir in parsley and simmer until ready to serve. Serve warm with rolls for dipping. Garnish each bowl of soup with additional shredded Parmesan Cheese.
Pin Chicken Soup Recipe