Good Monday everyone! Hope the weekend treated you all well. Here’s the yummy Sunday dinner we had last night that was lickety split simple and delicious. Toss it all in the crock pot and “voila'” done before you know it. It is nice and mild for the whole family, but if you like a little spice like I do, add a little hot sauce over top yours. Yum!
Hope you all enjoy!
Crockpot Green Chili Chicken and Rice with Blue Corn Chip Crumbles
For the Chicken:
- 3-4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts thawed
- 2 cans 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 4 0 z can chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry's Garlic Salt with Parsley
- 6 Cups steamed rice of choice
- Blue Corn Tortilla Chips crumbled for garnish
- Place chicken, soup, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic salt into crockpot on low. Let cook for 6-8 hours or until chicken is fork tender and falls apart easily. With 2 forks, shred chicken in the sauce and season with additional seasonings if desired. Spoon over bowls of rice then garnish with crumbled tortilla chips.
Kindergarten Open House
Last Thursday was one of the biggest nights of the school where they invited all the parents to Open House to see all the wonderful work/projects the children have done all year. My little guy was so proud walking us through his classroom. I just had to post his picture! Crazy that they still have 2 more weeks of school before summer.
I caught this great shot of my husband and 4 year old chasing each other on the way to the car. I love it!
Enjoy your week! Come back soon for something “Sweet!”