Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Jul
2009

Peanut Butter and Mini Chocolate Bar Centered Crescents…

Tags: , ,

Desserts

Sometimes I think I’ve lost my mind with some of the things I end up making in the kitchen. As I was strolling through the grocery store yesterday, starving of course, I got the bright idea of rolling some crescents with mini Hershey’s Chocolate Bars and a dollop of Peanut Butter. This was even after my husband and I worked out together. I’ve got major sweet tooth issues, that’s for sure.

As crazy as these sound, the end result is pure sweet flaky fabulousness! I don’t encourage you to eat these babies everyday, but do try them sometime. They were even better than I imagined them to be. It only takes about 10 minutes of prep time and they are ready to bake. 15 minutes later, you’ve got these beautiful chocolate filled crescents that are truly to die for! Enjoy!!

Here’s what’s stuffed inside these bad boys. Hershey’s Miniatures on top of a dollop of peanut butter. Can I just tell you how much I love these treats!! Simple and so good! (Picture from here)

Peanut Butter and Mini Chocolate Bar Centered Crescents

1 can of Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls, 8 count (do you love that I got a reduced fat for these treats!)
8 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
8 Hershey’s Mini Chocolate Bar variety
1 egg white whisked with 1 teaspoon water
3 Tablespoons turbinado sugar (or any granulated sugar will do)

1/2 Cup chocolate chips, melted

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll crescent rolls and place a dollop of peanut butter onto center of widest end of triangle. Top each dollop of peanut butter with a mini chocolate bar then roll up each crescent starting at widest end. Brush each of the rolled crescents lightly with egg wash then sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15 minutes or until crescents are golden brown and cooked through. Melt chocolate chips in microwave until smooth, place into a ziplock baggie, snip one small corner with scissors then drizzle melted chocolate over each crescent. Enjoy warm with milk!!

Here’s my little bugaboo enjoying Mommys crescents. He happily posed for some pics with these in hand! Have a great rest of the week and weekend!!! See you all soon.

Comments

savedbythebrew says:

Those look ridiculously good! I can't wait to try them.

Jon, Launa, & boys says:

You and I must have been separated some where along the line. You've got the BEST ideas. If I didn't work out 6 days a week I would be huge!! I so gotta try this one! Thanks. I am a regular reader!!

Sara says:

Oh my gosh…these should be illegal! These look so good, I'm going to HAVE to make them.

Molly says:

Jenny, my diet will never work with your recipes! These look amazing. I could eat peanut butter for every meal…I'll definitely be trying these soon!

Natalie says:

you called yoru son a bugaboo! i thought we were the only wierd people in the world who did that!
    and i HAVE to make these for my husband! thanks!

Live.Love.Eat says:

Wow. I am not a huge sweets eater right now but these look AWESOME. And after seeing them I had to grab a mini Baby Ruth to satisfy a sweet craving I all of a sudden got after coming here. GREAT idea!!!!

cookies and cups says:

Wow! These look awesome! I even think I have all these things in pantry now!

Leslie says:

you are K-I-L-L-I-N-G me!

Helene says:

Love the idea so much, those crescents are to die for.

Chow and Chatter says:

the last pic says it all

Marta says:

Oh wow! Delicious!
    You're so creative and good at coming up with these child-friendly treats! these would even be good to make witht he kids!

The Red Headed Mama says:

I may have to unfollow you with all these goodies. I'm pretty sure I gained 5lbs just looking at the pictures…and now I must try them!

Angela Holland says:

Oh my goodness those look and sound so good!! I'm going to have to try them out!

Cara says:

These look so good… in Germany we had a ton of pastries like this..there were little strips of chocolate inside of a flaky crescent. I always loved those!! My husband just walked by and drooled too:)

Lynda says:

Your're killing me here…I have this huge sweet tooth I'm trying to tame, but not having much luck! These look amazing!

La Nouvelle Femme says:

OMG it's like all the best foods rolled into one!

JennyMac says:

SO EVILLLLLLL bwahahahahahaha.

But you know….those reduced fat cresents 'counteract' just like drinking a diet soda with a hamburger and fries…..

I love it Jen…..great recipe idea for a quickie dessert or even brunch or snack….or…anytime!

Katrina says:

Whoa, Jenny–YUM!

Hey, I just made your coconut oil chocolate chip cookies–they're great!!

Mamawags says:

Those definately look great… but think about this: While up at a girl's camp for our church some adult leaders in the kitchen were making scones for dinner. Then, one super smart lady came up with the idea of putting chocolate and a marshmallow inside of a scone. Then we deep fried them… and, oh man, a little piece of heaven– we all indulged in that sweet dessert! It was too die for :)

StuffCooksWant says:

Hey Picky! I just stumbled upon your site and I gotta say, OMG, you're killing me. You had me at peanut butter… Gotta try these.

Julie says:

Oh my, those are just amazing! Combines two of my favorite things: bread and candy!

Lynneskitchen says:

My hips hate you! LOL!

Bob says:

That's awesome. Did you use all different kinds of the minis? I bet Mr Goodbar would be the best.

Clumbsy Cookie says:

No I don't think you've lost your mind! They look rich and decadent, so in my book that's delicious!

Chef Jeena says:

I get such a sweet tooth when I visit your site Jenny – these cresents look SO good!

CaSaundraLeigh says:

Oh my goodness–yum!

The Japanese Redneck says:

Your bugaboo is a cute little stinker! Another yummy sounding recipe.
    Ramona

Jessie says:

goodness gracious that looks awesome! I wish I can have one right now

Laura says:

Yum! What a clever use of those mini chocolate bars. They look great!

Linds says:

I can't wait to try those! They look awesome!

Laura says:

Oh yum. Got make these!

zurin says:

Gosh they look good!

btw Jenny, I have an award waiting for you. Pls drop by if you would like to pick it up. :)

Jennifer says:

These are just beyond perfection. OH MY!!! The peanut butter center first won me over and then the mini chocolate bars….so awesome! I need to try this sometime, looks like you boy loved them ;)

MyR says:

How do you not weigh 400 pounds? I think I might gain the pounds just reading these recipes! YUM!!!

Amber says:

This is so rediculously amazing! I'm trying to keep myself from going in the kitchen and making these right now- 10:00 at night!
    WOW!

Michelle says:

Diet?! What Diet?

HoneyB says:

I would not be able to stop eating these…I love the idea though and will have to remember this one for any gatherings coming around! YUMMY.

Nutmeg Nanny says:

I love these! I'm making them this week…I have too!

Threeundertwo says:

These look insanely good.

Cate O'Malley says:

an't go wrong with a melted chocolate and pb combo – looks delish!

Nichols Family says:

Thanks for all the great recipes! We made these this past weekend and loved them. My 3 year old helped me, we love anything she can help make, mostly she loves to wear her apron. Then when they were done, we wrote everyone's name on top with the melted chocolate chips. Such a fun kids' treat. Keep the great ideas coming, some of us need other people to look at the ingredients and get the good ideas for us!

[...] of the earth, and we are so happy to know them! Well, I was inspired by a recent post by Jenny at Picky Palate where she stuffed a crescent with chocolate and peanut butter. How good does that sound!? I wanted [...]

Shannon says:

Love this idea!! What a great quick and easy dessert. I usually always have these ingrediants on hand (not always mini bars but i usually have a full sized hershey bar around for smores…that would work well to break off pieces instead. I have to try this! Thanks!

Wendy says:

I’ve done a savory something like this with the garlic butter crescents and fresh mozzarella. A great lighter textured alternative to garlic cheesy bread.

rcworkman says:

I just got done making these and my husband is in heaven so I will be making these again. They are so super easy. Love your website.

Celeste says:

Can I just say how much I have a love/hate relationship with you and your recipes?? LOL I love everything we have tried so far and this one is no different. Yum! Sooo good!! We also tried this with Almond Joys (and the peanut butter dallop) and OH WOW, that was good as well! Thanks for helping me ruin my diet. :-)

Celeste says:

Oh, and I loved having something simple to assemble because my kids were able to help and felt proficient. :-)

[...] Have you seen all the amazing, jaw dropping treats on Jenny’s blog? I have like every single one of them bookmarked to try. Like this. And this. And this. And this. [...]

[…] Have you seen all the amazing, jaw dropping treats on Jenny’s blog? I have like every single one of them bookmarked to try. Like this. And this. And this. And this. […]