Jul
2009

When The Chocolate Cookie Went Rolling With The Peanut Butter Cookie…

Tags: ,

Cookies

I LOVE when last minute recipe ideas work out to be so delicious! Shortly before we sat down to watch SYTYCD tonight, I decided we needed cookies to watch with the show. I took two of my favorite cookie dough recipes not to mention one of my favorite flavor combinations and stuck them side by side on a baking sheet. The outcome= pure awesomeness! Talk about simplicity at it’s finest. The peanut butter cookie portion consists of only three ingredients, so it really doesn’t take that much more time to get these babies in the oven.

If you are a chocolate/peanut butter freak like myself, do not delay make yourself a nice batch today!! Definitely one of my favorite cookies right now, can’t wait to dig into these tomorrow. Ok, it’s after midnight, and my husband is freaking me out with his sleep talking. Goodnight!!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Duo

Peanut Butter Cookie
1 Cup creamy peanut butter
1 Cup granulated sugar
1 egg

1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Set aside.

Chocolate Chip Cookie
2 sticks softened butter (1 Cup)
1 Cup granulated sugar
3/4 Cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 Cups flour
1 1/4 Cups cocoa powder (I used Hersheys)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream the butter and sugars until well combined. Slowly beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Place flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix with fork or sift. Add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.

2. Take a Tablespoon of Peanut Butter Cookie Dough and a Tablespoon of Chocolate Cookie Dough and gently press together forming a “not so perfect” ball. Don’t press and roll too much, just stick them together and place onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cooked through to your liking. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!

____________________________
Have a wonderful rest of the week!! See you soon.

Comments

[...] Delicous? Yes. Good for your hips? NO! As I mentioned, I’m in a bit of a rush, so click here for the recipe. Let Jenny know what you think. Trust me, you’ll love [...]

Miss Erica says:

I agree with whomever it was that said the proportions were off – You need to AT LEAST double the peanut butter part. I had some issues with consistancy…. :( The chocolate part spread ALOT when baked (and was VERY soft when trying to form the cookies) – but the peanut side didn’t. I ended up putting the chocolate in the freezer between batches – that helped a little.

Tasty though… :)

Chaya says:

These look better than delicious. A clever idea to mix and match or to match, in this case.

I. Am. Lost. for. Words.
    this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
    yum,yum,yum!!! i can almost TASTE it from teh screen!! you’re a great backer. :)
    you’re kids/husband/family is SOOOO lucky!
    thanks for sharing!!

Sarah says:

I finally made these last night and they turned out perfect! What a great combo! I too had about twice as much chocolate chip dough so I think I will double the peanut butter next time.

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful recipes. I love them!

Erin says:

I made these but using my own choc chip cookie recipe and only did half a recipe of the peanut butter cookie recipe and just ‘topped’ the choc chip mixture with the peanut mixture and they tasted wonderful!!!!!!! :) I will deffently be making these again!

Kayla says:

Those are the most BEAUTIFUL cookies I’ve ever seen. I am definitely going to make these!

Kayla says:

These looked so great so I made them. But they didn’t turn out right. :(

The peanut butter dough was fine, but the chocolate dough came out all runny and nasty. I don’t know what I did wrong!!

Katrina says:

Hey Jenny,
    I just made these for reunion/holiday festivities this weekend. They are great and look perfect. There was so much chocolate dough that I’ve played around with some of it adding chopped Nutter Butters to some, chopped Oreos to some and hiding some whole ones inside. Great chocolate cookie dough and love the choc/pb combo!

Shan says:

Made these for a bake sale this coming Tuesday. Easy recipe. Mine aren’t as pretty as your picture, but they look pretty good. I made 1/2 the choc dough and still had some left over. Should have doubled the PB. I didn’t try one of the finished products, but the choc cookies I made with the leftover dough were amazing! Mmmm!

Tina says:

I made these tonight and they are so good! I did have trouble with the chocolate dough being really soft so I just put a scoop of chocolate on the baking pan and added the peanut butter beside it. That seemed to work well. I also had a lot more chocolate than peanut butter but we didn’t mind. Thanks for a yummy new recipe!!

Lisa says:

Hi! Rookie question I’m sure but does the recipe change for high altitude?

Thanks, Lisa

Nicole says:

Just made these! I posted photos on my blog. THanks for the recipe!

Erin says:

Looks delicious! Nothing better than chocolate and peanut butter together!

[...] I decided we needed a treat. I consulted cookie queen, Jenny over at Picky Palate, and found a recipe that made my mouth water just by looking at it. Chocolate peanut butter cookies with chocolate [...]

….leaving a quick note before i RUN to the kitchen to make these!!!……YUM!

[...] When the Chocolate Cookie Went Rolling with the Peanut Butter… [...]

Terry says:

Oh my! I just made these and they are fantastic ! Gooey inside, a bit of a crunch outside, so sweet.

Dutchess Gummibunz says:

I made these, and the dough came out perfect, but I cooked them for 15 minutes and they just came out all gooey. They actually fell through my cooling rack. :( The chocolate part holds up well, but the peanut butter not so much. Will be trying again, though.