Oct
2009

Pumpkin Spice Magic Bar Mini’s

Tags: , , , ,

Desserts

IMG_4305picnik.jpeg

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.  Can you even believe we are already in October?   Seems like once October hits, Christmas comes in a flash, yikes not talking about that yet!  It was actually chilly yesterday, I was loving it.

Thanks for everyone’s great stories/comments about school lunches.  I really enjoyed reading them all!  Congrats to commenter #132 Shari who was picked by random to win the Revolution Food prizes.  I’ll be sending you an email.  Please respond by tomorrow morning to claim your prize :)

This recipe is a fun little take on the traditional magic bars we all know and love.  I was in the mood to bake Saturday and I had this idea to combine some fall flavors to some gooey magic bars.  You all know how much I love to use my mini cheesecake pan, so I decided to bake the recipe in cute little individual bars.  They take a little extra time, but I still managed to get them in the oven in about a half hour.  Learn from my mistake and use a little plastic knife to loosen the edges shortly after they come out of the oven.  It’s much easier before the coconut gets crispy.

I’d say the final product is just adorable and so good with the cream cheese pumpkin layer.  I think you all will really like these.  Go get yourself a mini cheesecake pan (William Sonoma and Amazon.com carry them) and try them out :)  Hope you enjoy!

Visit my friend Cory over at Zesty Cook for his POM giveaway too!  Click HERE

3 Tablespoons sugar

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 Cup chocolate chips

1/2 Cup coarsely chopped cashews

3/4 Cup sweetened shredded coconut

1/2 Cup sweetened condensed milk

Caramel ice cream topping to drizzle (or make your own if you’d rather)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Place melted butter and graham cracker crumbs into a bowl; mix to combine.  Press into the bottom of  mini cheesecake cups.  Bake for 8 minutes then remove from oven.

2.  In a bowl beat the pumpkin, softened cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon until smooth.  Spoon evenly over each graham cracker crust, about 2 small spoonfuls.  Next layer chocolate chips evenly over pumpkin layer following with cashews, coconut and condensed milk.  Bake for 22-25 minutes or until top is golden brown.  Remove and let cool.  *Before bars completely cool, take a plastic knife and run around edges to loosen.  It becomes very sticky and difficult to remove from the cups if you do not loosen.

3.  Once cooled, carefully remove from cups and arrange onto serving tray.  Drizzle with warm caramel and serve.

12 mini magic bars

_________________________________

Have a wonderful new week!  Come back soon for more goodies!

Comments

Wow these look incredible. I have so much pumpkin stuff to try! All of these ingredients are making my mouth water!

Those look really good! Look like Magic Bars CAN get better;)

Peggy says:

It looks like the order of ingredients is wrong…? The recipe says to put the chocolate/nuts over the pumpkin/cream cheese layer, but it looks like it is under the cream cheese in the photo. ??

Michelle says:

It looks that way, but it is right. You can see the cream chess mixture at the bottom. What you are seeing above the chocolate chips and cashews is the coconut and sweetened condenced milk mixture.

Amazing! That gooey caramel… well, let’s just say I need to go to the grocery store, like, NOW!

Great combination of fall flavors! Looks amazing!

Meghan says:

These look so amazing! I love magic bars and pumpkin cheesecake. I have asked for a mini-cheesecake pan for my birthday (which is in 10 days), so hopefully I can make these soon! :)

Michelle says:

Are mini cheesecake pans different the mini muffin pans? It looks that way otherwise everyone would be calling them mini muffin pans right???? Where can you purchase a mini cheesecake pan?

Lynda says:

These look addictive! I’m so ready for pumkin desserts and this one looks fantastic!

Yum Yum! And doesn’t caramel just make everything so much better??

Accck. You’re killing me girl.

Alyssa says:

Wow! My pumpkin recipe section is filling up rapidly. These look yummy!

I can’t believe it is October. Time is flying. Great treat for fall!

Barbara says:

These look wonderful- gooey, caramelly, chocolatey and then to top it off- sweetened condensed milk. Have to admit I don’t copy a lot of recipes, but this one I copied and am on my way to the market this afternoon!

Valerie M. says:

Do you ever take a vacation from creating delicious goodness to tempt your readers with??? That looks way too good not to make.

Mandy says:

Jenny, these look divine!!

These look AMAZING. I love shredded coconut. Don’t know why I never considered adding it to a pumpkin recipe. Thanks for the inspiration.

Those look seasonally delightful! YUM!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YUMMY LOOKING !

Melissa says:

These look so delicious! Would I be able to make this recipe in a pan instead of the mini cheesecake cups? If so, what size of pan would you recommend?

jean says:

I can’t wait to make these, pumpkin is one of my favorite things………:)

Michelle says:

Jesus Mary and Joseph. I think I love you. I mean as if Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake bites didn’t do it.
    This. Is. Too. Much.

Oh Jenny… I’m not sure Fall would be complete without all your yummy goodies!! My boys & I have enjoyed trying each recipe so far!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

nikki says:

Don’t even know how I wound up here but I’m glad I did. I’m DYIN’ here! I have to make this!!

nikki
    thechocolatemousseblog.blogspot.com

Kerstin says:

How adorable, they look delicious!

ITS ALL ABOUT MINIS!!!!
    -Mini Baker

Krista says:

I need these! I’ve had other versions, but not with the “pumpkin spice” element. I love the fall twist on an old favorite. Yummy!

Sara says:

Yum, these look awesome! I’m so glad that it’s fall and that everyone is breaking out the pumpkin recipes.

Jill says:

I am making these today. I have not gotten the mini cheesecake pan, either, but I will be using a 9×9 pan. YUM!

Jessie says:

simply amazing! I love fall for this reason, pumpkin treats everything!

Very well composed and thanks! Tried to send you a message back on Stumble Upon but getting a message that your Inbox is full. Please check it out soon.
    Thanks for sharing!

Donalyn says:

Looks so good! Also tried to send message through SU, but got message your in box is full.

How creative! I have never seen a pumpkin version of magic bars, yum!

Yum!! I just got my mini cheesecake pan and I can’t wait to try these as well as all your other “mini cheesecake pan” recipes! You’re amazing. I’ve referred several friends to your website, but I was wondering if it would be appropriate to do that through facebook as well ? I thought I would ask your permission first. Have a great day!

Lisa O says:

These sound absolutely amazing! I can’t wait to try!

Cheri says:

hey, love your blog! I wanted to let your AZ viewers know that I requested the cinnamon chips at my neighborhood albertsons (litchfield Park, AZ) and they got some in! I will be telling all I know, maybe if they sell enough they will keep ordering them!

CookiePie says:

YUM!! Magic bars + pumpkin = heaven!! Do you think this would work well in an 8 x 8 pan?

Nutmeg Nanny says:

I so want to try these! They look perfect for Thanksgiving:)

These look sinful, rich and delicious!!!!!! So cute too.

Come on by in the next few days. I posted an incredible dessert today and I know you have the sweet tooth.

Stephanie Banner says:

I would definitely spray the pan you use with Pam, although the recipe doesn’t include that. The delicious gooeyness of this recipe can definitely pose a challenge when trying to remove them from the pan.

[...] is doing a good job at keeping me supplied with pumpkin recipes to test out.  First it was the Pumpkin Spice Magic Bar Mini’s with their gooey caramel topping.  And now it’s the Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Breakfast [...]

Whitney says:

As usual I’m drooling

[...] definitely going to be making these Pumpkin Spice Magic Bar Mini’s from Picky Palate sometime this week.  They look delicious, and I can’t wait to use my mini [...]

Stephanie says:

These look absolutely delicious…the kind of treat that someone would bring to a holiday party and I’d keep popping over to the refreshment table to eat “just one more.” ;)

I think I need to get a mini cheesecake pan…

[...] Pumpkin Magic Bars (From: Picky Palate) [...]

Carrie says:

Thank you for sharing, my co-workers loved these for our pot luck!

[...] Dump Cake4. Vampire Balloon Bats5. Spooky Candy Haunted Houses6. Shrunken Apple Head Decorations7. Pumpkin Spice Magic Bar Minis8. Papie Mache Pumpkin Lanterns9. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies1o. Spider Cupcakes11. Pillowcase [...]

Heather says:

These are SO INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS! I made about 30 or so for a Thanksgiving party and they were all gone. I will DEFINITELY be making these again. MHMMMMM yummy!!

[...] Pumpkin Spice Magic Bar Mini’s From Picky Palate [...]