Sharing a favorite homemade pancake recipe today! These Banana Caramel Buttermilk Pancakes are sure to wow your family and friends! One of my favorite pancake recipes! Beautiful and delicious!
Homemade Pancake Recipe
This pancake recipe is a show stopper! Not only is it gorgeous it is so delicious! The combination of soft buttermilk pancakes with bananas and caramel….the best!
Try my Chocolate Chip Malted Pancakes too! Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
How To Make Buttermilk Pancakes
Place medium sized non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Place flour, oats, baking soda, salt and walnuts into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine then pour in buttermilk, egg and vanilla, mixing to combine.
Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet, swirling to make round. Cook until browned then flip to brown other side. Remove and stack onto plate. Continue finishing pancakes until batter is gone. To serve, layer sliced bananas around edges of each pancake and drizzle with warm caramel sauce.
Add the egg and splash of vanilla. Give a nice stir and spoon batter into a hot non-stick medium size skillet. Brown on both sides until middle is set. Stack until all batter is used up.
The Best Pancake Recipe
Layer each pancake layer with sliced bananas 🙂
Drizzle with caramel sauce!!!
Add more walnuts on top.
Tips For Making The Best Pancakes
- Mix lightly and give batter a rest! Mix pancakes minimally to avoid forming toughening gluten. There are a few ways to ensure that you mix pancake batter well without overmixing it. Have all your ingredients at room temperature. Mix cold buttermilk and eggs with melted butter and you get clumps of butter—not the end of the world, but not optimal for even distribution.
- Mix the wet and the dry ingredients separately before combining.
- Give the batter a rest before cooking. A rest of at least five minutes allows for the even hydration of the batter and also allows the gluten you created—which will develop even with careful, minimal mixing—to relax. The lumps will smooth out somewhat during this rest.
- Test a small pancake in the hot skillet/griddle to make sure temperature is good. No need to waste a full size pancake.
- Cook until bubbles cover the surface; flip before they all break.
Banana Caramel Pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3-4 large bananas thinly sliced
- 1 cup prepared caramel sauce warmed
- Place medium sized non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place flour, oats, baking soda, salt and walnuts into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine then pour in buttermilk, egg and vanilla, mixing to combine.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet, swirling to make round. Cook until browned then flip to brown other side. Remove and stack onto plate. Continue finishing pancakes until batter is gone. To serve, layer sliced bananas around edges of each pancake and drizzle with warm caramel sauce.
Pin Banana Caramel Buttermilk Pancakes
I don’t see a link to the caramel sauce. Do you have a recipe for it or do you just buy a hard from the store?
Hi Courtney, I used the salted caramel from Trader Joe’s for this recipe. I warmed it up in a microwave safe bowl for 15-20 seconds before drizzling.
With thanks! It is an superb website!.
Very nice post, i surely appreciate this website, keep on it
Why have I never added caramel sauce on top of my pancakes!!
I love oat pancakes, lovely mix of flavours.
Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. I would take these pancakes any time of the day! All my favorites in one place!
These look amazing Jenny. I wish I had everything to make them for lunch today! 🙂
Oh my gawshhhhh!!! My kids are gonna love these!!
I love how you layered these! Gorgeous! They look absolutely amazing!
These are completely insane!! that caramel sauce is gorgeous!
is this pancake tower even real!! I mean, look at that caramel sauce! YUM!!
These look so decadent!
Love this! What a great way to start the day!
Those layers!! My stomach legit growled as I was reading this post…
Without a doubt I should have drooled over these pictures while on the treadmill. This is how to do breakfast!
This looks so good! The stack is so pretty, Jenny!!
This is my kind of breakfast! Definitely making these for my family soon!
Now, this is how you show Monday who’s boss! Pass me a plate.
Wowzers, that is one heavenly stack of pancakes!! I’m so loving the banana, oats and walnut combo – delicious!!
Pancakes are my most favorite way EVER to start the day, especially when there is caramel and nust involved. These look like HEAVEN! Pinned!
LOVE the nuts and caramel on these pancakes!! My family would FLIP over these 🙂
WOW! What a stunner of a pancake stack!!
Am I missing something, or is the oatmeal not listed in the ingredients in the recipe? These look yummy and hearty and I love walnuts!
These pancakes look amazing! And really nicely served!