Nov
2009

Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger Cookies…

Cookies

IMG_4477picnik.jpeg

Good Thursday morning!

I am in Ohio right now freezing my tail off in the middle of a Smuckers Factory tour and a whole bunch of other cool stuff with some other bloggers.  Thanks Smuckers Family for sending me!!  I’ll be sure to share pictures when I get back :)

I’ll leave you today with one of my all time favorite cookies.  Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger!  Oh my, these are pure heaven.  Crushed Butterfinger bars are so incredible in cookies.  Trust me, these are worth every single calorie!  Hope you all enjoy :)

IMG_4465picnik.jpeg

IMG_4462picnik.jpeg

Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger Cookies!

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder)
2 tsps. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

2 Full size Butterfinger Bars, crushed

1 1/2 Cups semi sweet chocolate chips

. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and use a cookie sheet with a silpat liner.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and vanilla until well combined.

3. In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients then stir in crushed butterfinger and chocolate chips. Using a medium cookie scoop, drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.

4. Bake for 9-11 minutes, should still be soft in center. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

3 dozen cookies

______________________________

Have a wonderful weekend!!  See you all soon with more cookin’!

Comments

shari says:

oh my!!!!! I just bought some butterfinger candy bars on Halloween clearance for another cookie recipe. This one looks incredible as well! I think these will be made first! Thanks for sharing!

WHat a fun trip! I bet it is a blast. And I bet these cookies are delicious with a crunchy hint of butterfinger. Yum!

Old Mom says:

These look absolutely divine!Can’t wait to see the pics of your fun trip!

Ramona says:

Hope you are having a great time on your trip. Cookies look good. I bet they are with Butterfingers in them.

What a great way to use up leftover Halloween candy! Thanks for sharing!

Pam says:

Glory…another yummy looking recipe. I do not know how you don’t weigh 700 pounds with all this amazing stuff you make…my husband’s office LOVES you…I have to send everything there so I don’t just inhale it all. They say a HUGE thank you! And so do I…I love to bake so you give me new things! Hope you have a grand time on your trip

Oooh, that’s a cool place! Eat lots of sweets. That will warm you up!

I’m putting these on my must try list! Have fun at Smuckers!

Nutmeg Nanny says:

Have fun in Ohio:) These cookies are fantastic! Chocolate and butterfinger….yum!

Crystal says:

This is now on my Definitely Need To Try list, they look absolutely wonderful! Plus Hubby would love me for it as he adores butterfingers!

Amy says:

Yum!! So my husband loved you when you posted your Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies, now he will be even more head over hills for you seeing as your using his favorite candy bar!! I will be making these today :):) Thanks again as usual Jenny for posting such an amazing recipe!! YOU ROCK!!

Lynda says:

I must try these…they look amazing!
    Have a great time; the trip sounds fun!

Oh lucky you Jenny! Enjoy your time at Smuckers! can’t wait to see the pictures! Meanwhile I’ll enjoy looking at your wonderful cookies!

Those look REALLY good! Must steal Halloween candy from the kids… I mean “borrow”.

Katy says:

Welcome to Ohio! Feel free to take the cold weather with you when you leave! We have plenty to share!! :0)

carrian says:

That looks like a good chocolate cookie. I am really struggling to find a soft, chewy and fluffy recipe. A lot of times they are very flat. I’ll give yours a go.

Jaime says:

I’m not a big chocolate cookie person but I think I might like these like I did the whopper cookies we made for TWD

Christy says:

These look amazing! One of our favorite candy bars in a chocolate fudgy cookie-wow!

These look wonderful Jenny! Hope you’re having a wonderful trip!!

nikki says:

Once again I find myself drooling over another one of your recipes!

Nicole says:

I will be making these tonight!! Kids have plenty of fun size butterfingers from trick or treating, and I was in the mood to make cookies.

CookiePie says:

OOOH drool – those look so rich and amazing! Hope you have a great time on the trip!

Katrina says:

Fun to be touring Smuckers. I just tried some of their Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Topping. It’s good!

And these cookies–yum! I’d raid the 4 boy’s Halloween buckets for Butterfingers, but they are a favorite of a few of theirs, so I’d probably get in trouble! ;)

Sahnda says:

These look delicious and I can’t wait to try them!

Holly says:

Hope you are having a great (even if cold) trip! I have to say, I now feel like my life can’t be complete until I have had one of these cookies now! I can’t wait to make them!

Christine says:

I tried your recipe yesterday. My husband loved them and so did everyone at his work this morning!!! Thanks for another great recipe.

averagebetty says:

These look amazing!

Tamara says:

If you need a chocolate fix, this is the cookie. Everyone loved them. This is a make again and again recipe.

Andrea says:

Made these last night and I’m having trouble keeping my hands off of them. Delicious!

Kristen says:

These are awesome! My daughter and I made them and they’d all be gone if I hadn’t “hid” a dozen in the freezer. :)

Holly says:

Hi Jenny,

I just wanted to let you know that I just made these tonight and had to share the recipe on my blog – it will be posting tomorrow and I made sure to give you credit for such a great concoction. I did make several changes to the original recipe (just because I wanted to sneak in twice as many candy bars – LOL!) and play around a bit.

Thanks so much for a great recipe to work with! We really enjoyed them!

Holly @ PheMOMenon

Krista says:

My daughter LOVES chocolate, so when I found this recipe I knew we had to try it. These cookies are so chewy and fudgy. This is a great cookie dough and I can’t wait to try other crushed candy bars in it. Thanks for sharing and I love your site.

Tracy says:

These look so decadent! Yum!!

Maggy says:

Butterfinger is my FAVORITE candy bar – these will obviously be my new favorite cookie :)

Butterfinger? Yes please! These look delicious!

ivoryhut says:

Chocolate and Butterfingers? Those are two favorites in my house! And cookies are the most popular food group. I’ve got to try these at home!

I find Butterfingers addictive already, but am certain that I wouldn’t be able to eat just one when incorporated into fun cookies like these.

Katie says:

I just made these and they’re DELICIOUS!!! Thanks for the recipe!! :)

[...] Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger Cookies: GOOD! [...]

[...] Homemade Baked Macaroni and Cheese: Still looking for the go-to mac&cheese recipe… 5. Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger Cookies 4. Garlic Potatoes 3. Garlic Green Beans 2. Panko-Crusted Chicken Tenders 1. Peanut Butter Pretzel [...]

[...] Eggs: very good and I’ll certainly make them again. 6. Homemade Baked Macaroni and Cheese 5. Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger Cookies 4. Garlic Potatoes 3. Garlic Green Beans 2. Panko-Crusted Chicken Tenders 1. Peanut Butter Pretzel [...]

[...] Pudding Fudge Cake 7. The Lady’s Perfect Scrambled Eggs 6. Homemade Baked Macaroni and Cheese 5. Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger Cookies 4. Garlic Potatoes 3. Garlic Green Beans 2. Panko-Crusted Chicken Tenders 1. Peanut Butter Pretzel [...]

Natalie says:

They were beautiful. I may have made them too small so they made about 4 1/2 dozen.

Thanks

[...] bar cookie recipes you might enjoy: Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookies by RecipeGirl Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger Cookies by Picky Palate Rolo Cookies by Two Peas & Their [...]

Chelsea says:

Oh man! There goes the diet….

this is so delicious and yummmy! :P

[...] Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger Cookies From Picky Palate [...]

[...] it right away, but just never got around to it. I’m so glad I stumbled upon it again. Jenny, Picky Palate, says this is one of her all time favorite cookies and now I know why. It’s rich, super [...]

[...] Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger Cookies from Picky Palate [...]