These soft Cookies and Cream Cookies are a chocolate cookie packed with Hershey’s Cookies and Cream bars. This chocolate packed cookie makes the perfect sweet treat!
Cookies and Cream Cookies
You’re going to love these gooey chocolate cookies. When they’re warm, you get that gooey factor that wows all of your guests. They’re a huge hit with white and milk chocolate packed inside!
Try my BEST Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Ingredients For The BEST Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Salted butter– For most of my recipes I use salted butter. Unsalted works too.
- Dark brown sugar– Dark brown sugar has more molasses added which makes it darker in color.
- Granulated sugar– This fine white sugar adds sweetness to the cookies.
- Large eggs– For consistency, I use large eggs in my cooking and baking.
- pure vanilla extract– Use pure vanilla extract for best tasting results.
- All-purpose flour– Flour is the main dry ingredient in the cookies.
- Dark unsweetened cocoa powder– Find cocoa powder down the baking isle of the grocery store. Make sure it says unsweetened. Hershey makes a dark chocolate version that is great if you can find it.
- Instant chocolate fudge pudding– Find instant pudding mix in the baking isle of the grocery store. Make sure the box says instant and not cook and serve.
- Baking soda– Baking soda helps the cookies rise during baking.
- Kosher salt- Kosher salt is a course salt commonly used in cooking and baking. I prefer it over table salt.
- Hershey’s Cookies and Cream Bars– Find the Cookies and Cream Bars down the candy bar isle or near the front registers.
- Chocolate Chunks– I use the milk chocolate block from Trader Joe’s if you can find them.
How To Make Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place butter, brown sugar and sugar into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Beat until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla mixing well. Add flour, cocoa powder, pudding mix, baking soda and salt, slowly mix until dough forms.
- Stir in chocolate chips or chunks and Hershey’s Bars.
- Scoop 1/3 cup size dough, roll into balls and place onto baking sheets 2 inches apart. I do 2 per row with 6 balls per sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove for soft gooey cookies. Bake for 12-14 minutes for more firm cookies.
- Let cool completely before transferring to cooling rack.
Hershey’s Cookies and Cream Bars
I like to get the XL Hershey’s Cookies and Cream Bars at the grocery store. Break them either into bars or keep them in their rectangle shape for giant chunks in each cookie.
Now this is my kind of chocolate cookie dough 🙂
Scoop 1/3 cup pieces of cookie dough onto your baking sheet a good 2 inches a part. You can also make normal size cookies placing 1 inch apart.
The most beautiful chocolate cookies I’ve ever seen.
If you break apart the cookies while they’re warm, this is what you’ll get. Magic!
How To Serve
Serve cookies room temperature or warmed. Great for any occasion!
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Chocolate Cookies and Cream Cookies
- stand mixer
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing spoon
- parchment paper
- 2 sticks salted butter softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder I use Hershey's Dark
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups chocolate chunks or chips I use Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate Block and chop it myself
- 2 XL Hershey's Cookies and Cream Bars broken into rectangles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place butter, brown sugar and sugar into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Beat until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla mixing well. Add flour, cocoa powder, pudding mix, baking soda and salt, slowly mix until dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips or chunks and Hershey's Cookies and Cream Bars. Scoop 1/3 cup size dough, roll into balls and place onto baking sheets 2 inches apart. I do 2 per row with 6 balls per sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and remove for soft gooey cookies. Bake for 12-14 minutes for more firm cookies. Let cool completely before transferring to cooling rack.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board!
There’s not instant pudding mix in my country, could i skip this one? is there any difference outcome if i skip this one?
Hi there, substitute with more flour equal to the pudding mix, should be just fine 🙂
These look delicious. How many packages of instant pudding mix do I need to get 1/4 cup? Thank you for your great blog!
Less than one package. It’s 4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup 🙂