Dec
2009

Festive Candy Cane Kiss Centered Brownie Bites

Tags: ,

Desserts

IMG_4814picnik.jpeg

Let the holiday baking begin!  This is the best time to bake isn’t it?  I just love all the festive things going on in the kitchen!  I found this adorable cake stand at Marshalls this week.  Love it!

This fun little recipe is beyond easy.  Literally minimal work at all and look how cute they are!!  Grab yourself a bag of Candy Cane Hershey Kisses, a brownie mix and some candy canes.  If you haven’t invested in a mini cheesecake pan, ask for one for Christmas.   I use mine all year round and it is so much easier to get your baked goods out of the pan, you’ll love it!  You can use a mini muffin pan if needed, just make sure you spray that baby like crazy with cooking spray :)

Hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season, I’m thrilled to be just about done with my Christmas cards and my shopping.  It feels great!! Take a peek below and Enjoy!!

IMG_4791picnik.jpeg

IMG_4821picnik.jpeg

IMG_4811picnik.jpeg

IMG_4803picnik.jpeg

IMG_4823picnik.jpeg

Festive Candy Cane Kiss Centered Brownie Bites

1 brownie mix 9×13 inch size

18 Candy Cane Hershey Kisses

1/2 Cup chocolate chips

2 Tablespoons heavy cream

3 original candy canes, crushed

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and scoop into a mini cheesecake pan or mini muffin tin pan that has been generously sprayed with cooking spray, about 3/4 way full.  Press kisses into center of brownie batter, do not push all the way to bottom, some of the tip should stick out the top.  Bake for 20-23 minutes or until brownies are cooked through.  Let cool completely.

2.  Melt chocolate chips in microwave 30 second intervals until smooth and melted.  Stir in cream until silky smooth.  You can place back in microwave for 10 seconds to smooth more if needed.  Dip tops of brownies into melted chocolate, then sprinkle with crushed candy canes.  Serve with a tall glass of milk.  Enjoy!!

____________________________

Happy Baking Friends!!  See you soon with more goodies :)

Comments

These are so cute and festive! Perfect for parties!

I just bought some of these Kisses and they are delicious! I was looking for something to do with them!

Molly says:

I love chocolate and mint! That cake plate is adorable, also.

VeggieGirl says:

Beautiful and DEFINITELY festive! :)

Lindsey says:

oh how cute are those!!!! :)
    I made your mini pumpkin choc chip and marshmallow bites the other night and my husband loves them! These will be made this weekend :) Thanks for always sharing the greatest and simple recipes!

renee says:

What a brilliant idea! I love the pics of the brownies on your new cake stand. I am a big fan of polk dots (and chocolate)!

Not only do these look delicious, but your presentation of them is adorable!

Krystle says:

How funny I bought these hersheys at target the other day and was wondering what I was going to do with them! Now I know! Looks delicious!

Sara says:

What a cute idea! I love how you can still see the Kiss when you cut it.

Kimm Geria says:

These are yummy looking. I will be making these for our boutique next week. Thanks again for another yummy fun recipe.

I made your spinach artichoke dip for the 2nd time today for a party I am going to. Very gooey and yummy LOVE IT!

Have a wonderful Day!

Michele says:

These little babies are stunning! I love them!

Jelli says:

These brownies are such a great festive idea. I love the photos!

wow this is so beautiful. Thanks for the recipe :)

HoneyB says:

Jenny! I LOVE these! I wish I could eat them!

Fuji Mama says:

These are absolutely adorable and they look delish too. I’m going to have to make these because I think my family will love them!

Kerstin says:

SO cute and perfect for a holiday party!

Joan C says:

How could something that looks so wonderful be so easy? Thanks for sharing!

Launa says:

SO perfect. I cannot get it to post to Facebook, it keeps freezing up. Is it on my end?

Meesh says:

Love it! I know what we’re making this weekend!!! (If I can manage to NOT eat all those delicious little kisses before using them in the brownies!)

patsyk says:

looks like a perfect treat! I love how you “hid” the peppermint Hershey kisses inside!

Tracy says:

These look fantastic! Bookmarking these!

Nutmeg Nanny says:

How adorable:) I have two bags of these waiting to get used up!

CookiePie says:

Adorable – I love the candy cane kisses inside!!

Jen says:

These are so cute. I’ve been looking for something to make for a holiday party at Hubby’s boss’s house. I think these are the ones I’m going to go with. I LOVE those kisses! I made some great cookies with them last year.

Laura says:

Just made these! DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELICIOUS! Thanks for another wonderful recipe to satisfy my huge sweet tooth!

Stephanie says:

Those look DELISH and a half!!! And that HAS to mean they’re good!!! Yumm-O! Thanks for sharing this recipe!!!!!!

Such a fun idea! Really love how easy it is to whip up!

Kimmy says:

Yum I love chocolate and peppermint. Now I need to find those kisses. Thanks for the recipe.

Stacie says:

I think these will be super yummy for our book club Christmas party! Thanks for the great idea!

Hilary says:

I love this recipe, it is so perfect and really cute. I love how all of your recipes are not only great tasting but presentable! I am now a Relief Society teacher and every month I teach I bake treats for everyone to enjoy and they always love them! So thank you :) I’m making these this month :) !!!

I bought those peppermint kisses for a recipe last week and I can’t tell you how happy I was that they were all used up and I couldn’t eat any more. They’re terribly addicting, aren’t they? Cute, cute idea!

Stephanie says:

These are absolutely adorable and they so good! My belly is wanting them now. I love the idea and I am going to TRY and make my own. What a great thing. Thanks for sharing.

Katrina says:

Fabulous! Love it and I love mint and chocolate together. I need one of those cheesecake pans!

Joe in IL says:

I bought the pan and made your mini pumpkin cheesecakes. I look forward to using the pan for more then just one recipe, LOL… These look great.

P.S. The other recipe came out great. Thanks again…

Dixie says:

I made these this afternoon. Super easy and very yummy!!!!!!

Barbara says:

Love this recipe! So festive and so pretty. Mint and chocolate are wonderful together too.
    (Where did you get the cute plate?)

So cute Jenny! And very festive, perfect for now ;)

Josie says:

These look fab! I have three co-workers with December birthdays and these will be a perfect dessert for them! Thanks!

Camille says:

F.Y.I.
    I bought a box of the Pillsbury Brownie Minis Mix and to my surprise it came with 2 mini muffin pans (enough to make 12)

Miranda says:

Wow. These are an amazing sight! VERY WELL DONE!

Sara says:

This are SO festive and adorable. Also, I could probably eat my weight in those candy cane kisses, thanks for this great recipe!!

Courtney says:

Do you think I would be able to freeze these? They look GREAT and I always want to get ahead of my holiday baking since I work full time.
    Thank you for another wonderful recipe!
    Courtney

Mary says:

I made a double batch of these yesterday. I soaked the muffin pans with Pam, but I still could not get a single brownie out without ruining each and every one. :( The kiss totally stuck. I just wanted to let others know. I am definitely investing in one of those mini cheesecake pans!!

Josie says:

Mine did too — you have to really let them cool all the way in the pan and then just ease them out. I did lose a couple – but got about 9 out of 12 out…

Jenette says:

I tried making these last night and had the same problem. I used a ton of cooking spray in the muffin tins and could not get them out without ruining every one! They smelled and tasted great, but I just couldn’t get the top and the bottoms to stay together! I would suggest not to even try this recipe without the mini cheesecake pans because the muffin tins do not work.

• Heather says:

I made these today and the candy cane kisses did not stay in the same shape. They melted down and made the bottoms of the brownies hard. What am I doing wrong? I changed the cook time and the brownie part came out better but the same thing happened to the kisses.

Laura says:

I had the same problem, I let my second batch cool entirely in the pans and then did not have any problem removing them.

Michele says:

The problem is in the pan and the cook time. Most people don’t own a mini cheesecake pan, which is made of heavyweight steel and a lot thicker than regular muffin tins or mini muffin tins. If you are going to cook in mini muffin tins, they are smaller and, therefore, require less baking time. Reduce time bake time to about 15-16 minutes, making sure to still grease very well. I would grease the top too, so if they spill over a little bit, they won’t stick and make it harder to come out. Also, try not to push the kiss in too far so there’s pleanty of brownie beneath it. Let the brownies cool in the pan and hopefully they will slide right out! Hope this helps.

Misty says:

I used a mini muffin tin too, and discovered it worked best if I used the Pam for baking (has some flour in it) and dropped the kiss on top without pushing it down at all. Bake for just 12 minutes instead of 20, and wait 5-10 minutes before gently prying them out of the tin with a butter knife. Not quite as tall and pretty as the mini cheesecakes, but cute and yummy all the same! Thanks for the recipe. :)

• Julie R. says:

Wish I would have checked the comments before I made these this evening. I used the mini muffin pan, at 350 for 20 minutes. The brownies stuck and the chocolates went into the bottom and burned. I’ll try this again when I have the mini cheesecake pan.

OMG…These look delicious!

nicole says:

jenny!! looks delicious! i’m dying; where did you find that cake stand? i’ve been searching for one that i can thread ribbon through and can’t find one!

nicole

Donna says:

Jenny- I made these last night for a cookie swap and everyone was very excited to try them! I must say, they were the most festive dessert there! Thanks for the great recipe!

Sara says:

I made these tonight. They’re perfectly delicious! thanks again!

Jay says:

Thanks for the inspiration. I’m going to make a choc mint cupcake with vanilla buttercream and put the Kisses in the cake. That is, if I don’t eat the whole bag first. These things are addictive!!
    They sell Candy Cane Crumbles for the top at Target in the holiday baking section.

marisa says:

These look so good. I was thinking about trying them as mini muffins for a pre-K holiday party (cutting the kiss in half also). I hope they turn out.