Dec
2009

Chocoholic Mint Truffle Kissed Biscotti…

Tags: ,

Cookies

IMG_4867picnik.jpeg

Good Monday morning!!

So apparently I’m on some Hershey Kiss kick, can’t stop buying them!  I picked up another bag at Target, but this time the Mint Truffle kind.  Oh man, this one is equally as good as the others!  The options were endless as to what I could do with that bag of kisses, but I decided on a minty chocolaty biscotti that was incredible!!  I have to admit, since I’m not a coffee drinker I typically only enjoy biscotti in the winter months when I drink hot chocolate like a mad woman.  Looking forward to  dipping it tonight with our hot chocolate!!  Can’t wait.

Pretty basic recipe.  You make your dough like typical cookie dough, form it into a giant log, bake it, cool it, slice it, re-bake the slices and voila you are ready!

The next few weeks are going to be crazy, I’m sure for you all too.  Trying to finish up Christmas shopping and keeping up with all the school festivities!  Can’t wait to get back with our family in AZ!  What a fun time of year :)  Hope you’ll all enjoy some fab biscotti during your holidays!!
IMG_4840picnik.jpeg

Here are those dreamy little kisses I was talking about.  Look for the mint green bag….creamy mint truffle filling inside, dark chocolate on the outside, does it get any better?!

Picnik collagepicnik.jpeg

IMG_4876picnik.jpeg

IMG_4906picnik.jpeg

Wrap them up with a bow and they make great gifts for your family and friends.  These will be going to the boys teachers today :)

Chocoholic Mint Truffle Kissed Biscotti

• 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 Cups chocolate chips
  • 10 oz bag Hersheys Mint Truffle Kisses, unwrapped and halved
  • 1 Cup white chocolate chips
  • Sprinkles of choice

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined, scraping sided to incorporate all ingredients. Place flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add to wet ingredients following with the chocolate chips and kisses. Mix on low until just combined. Transfer to a large baking dish lined with a silpat liner or parchment paper. Form into a long log, approx 4 inches wide, press dough to about 1 inch in thickness. Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes. With a serrated knife, carefully cut biscotti into slices on the bias about 1 inch thick. Place slices onto baking sheet and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove and let cool completely, at least 20 minutes or until nice and crispy.
  2. Melt chocolate over a double broiler or carefully melt in microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth and melted. Dip tips or drizzle chocolate over entire surface of biscotti then sprinkle with sprinkles of choice. Let chocolate harden on wax paper then enjoy with your favorite cup of hot chocolate!!

Servings: Approximately 16 slices of biscotti

Have a great new week, see you soon with more Christmas goodies :)

Before you go, help my friend Michaela win the Ile de France Contest!  Click HERE and give her yummy recipe a 5 star rating.  It only takes 2 seconds.  Thanks friends!!

Comments

Jen says:

I am a teacher myself, and boy do I wish that I had your boys. I wouldn’t mind sampling all of your goodies :)

I can’t stop buying the kisses either! I love the holiday flavors!

Bob says:

Holy crap girl, those look amazing! Would you believe I’ve never made my own biscotti? I think I need to fix that.

Molly says:

I agree with Jen. I wish my students bring in something like this! I love the mint and chocolate combo…these may come out for my Christmas party this weekend. Thanks for sharing, Jenny!

Misty says:

Adorable! These really are precious and as a teacher, I must say, I would love to have these to dip in my morning coffee! Its a perfect gift. I am saving this recipe and am going to make these for the other 5th grade teachers at my school, and for my bunko group, and for my supper club, and for my, ok, you get the point :)

Happy Monday!

Aggie says:

These are beautiful Jenny!! What a great gift idea!

I bought these too! They’re still sitting in my pantry waiting for inspiration :) This looks like a yummy choice!

Nutmeg Nanny says:

I have yet to see this type of Hershey Kiss. You are like the Hersey Kiss queen:) I need to now go on the hunt for these delicious candy treats. After I find those I will be giving this recipe a try!

patsyk says:

Oh, your biscotti looks amazing! I adore Hershey kisses… so many possibilities with all those flavors!

Sues says:

Oooh these look lovely! Isn’t it crazy how many different kinds of Hershey Kisses exist now?? Remember when there was only one?!

dawn says:

ohhh Jen my girl these are just fabulous! I’ll put the coffee on and you bring as many of these as you like. LOL!

Carol says:

Wow, Jenny….do I love the look of these! Imagine…me…an Italian and I’ve never made homemade biscotti….I do believe that should change….SOON…with this recipe.
    I love the way you package them up too.
    Whatever did we do when the only Hershey Kiss we had to choose from was milk chocolate? I just wish they’d keep these specialty kisses (like the pumpkin spice) out longer than they do…you’ve gotta grab ‘em when you see ‘em or wait until next year and hope they bring them back… :(

justcooknyc says:

the biscotti look great. and i was holding a bag of those special hershey kisses the other day and then put them back. now i am definitely going to buy some.

Kim Adams says:

My sister is SO talented! Can’t wait till you come down again!

I want to be your boys teachers just for today ;)

Stephanie says:

The Mint Truffle kisses are my FAVORITE!! I discovered them last year and stashed BAGS and BAGS in my freezer! They lasted me until October! ;-) I told my husband he could spend whatever $$ he was spending on me for Christmas ALL on bags of Mint Truffle kisses! :-)

I make an Almond Chocolate Biscotti every year, but I’m thinking this mint one sounds yummier to me!

Missy says:

These are beautiful!! I can’t wait to try them.

Barbara says:

It may be a basic recipe, but you decorated them in a most spectacular way!

This is the prettiest biscotti I have ever seen! Running to Target tomorrow to get those kisses :)

A perfect gift!

Two Peas and Their Pod moved to WordPress, please update your reader. http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com. Thanks!

kim says:

Do you mind if I ask what kind of chocolate chips were used?

Hey Jenny!! These look perfect for Xmas morning….or any morning! Anyway, I am not a huge mint fan. Do you have any other recommendations? Can I use another flavor Kiss you think?

Debbie Boyer says:

Hi Natalie, I understand about not liking mint. Although I LOVE it and make a LOT of mint flavored desserts, cakes,cookies, drinks etc.. I’m the same way with peanut butter. I don’t like it and I’m not a fan. But maybe you can consider using peanut butter kisses instead of the mint, or the cherry cream ones. The caramel kisses are my favorite. with this biscotti recipe, even the Almond kisses would work well. Being Fall right now the newest flavor is Pumpkin Spice. Pumpkin and chocolate always go well together.
      If you go on to Hersheys.com they will give you all the flavors that are available. You can even order right from them if they aren’t available. We don’t live too far from Hershey Park, so a visit to Chocolate World to stock up on ALL OUR HERSHEY’S GOODIES.. when we need a lot of variety is a plus! ;P

The biscotti looks wonderful. I must give it a try. I found your site last night and can’t wait for more posts. I would love to have you Oh My Pizza recipe but can not find it anywhere. When I looked in your archives Oct. 2008 I only get the picture, not the recipe.

Erika says:

Whatever you do, dont get the Cherry Kisses. They are the devil! I love the candy cane and mint ones….but I have eaten 2 bags of the cherry in a week, by myself!

Mara says:

Thanks for the great recipe! I made these this weekend (using irish creme kisses) and also the brownie bites from your previous post. I love your blog and your recipes are wonderful!! Happy Holidays!

Cookie Monster says:

AMAZINGLY YUMMY! I made these this weekend for my fifth grade team, principal, v.p., custodian, etc. at school. They were all raving about them today and all are needing this recipe. It was so easy to follow. I didn’t have the kisses so I substituted the Andes candies chips. SO DELICIOUS! I will definitely make them again & again. Thanks for the recipe! MERRY CHRISTMAS! *****5 STARS

Cheryl says:

My neighbor brought me some of these very biscotti, Oh my gosh they are divine. I may have to whip some up for Christmas Eve.

kim says:

I’m just going to say it.

THESE ARE AMAZING.

Like OHMYGOD.

They taste just like mint chocolate chip ice cream or thin mints…

IN BISCOTTI FORM.

OY VEY! Seriously now, run out and HOARD all of the bags of these kisses you can find. HIDE THEM!

I made the full recipe, then actually baked half and still got 10-12 biscotti. I froze the other half and I am baking half of THAT now and anticipate getting about 6 biscotti.. enough to stick into a box of holiday cookies for one VERY lucky person. The other half in the freezer will be for Christmas day. YUM-O! They will even make your hot cocoa taste minty!

Christel says:

Hi there!

I have made three batches of these already, and the recipients all love them! Thanks for the wonderful site!

Kelley says:

Thank you so much for this delicious recipe! I had never tried making biscotti before. These are ridiculously tasty! I made the first batch as directed, but they came out a bit too dark with a little burnt edges. Still tasty, but I kept those for myself, LOL. Next 2 batches went to my kids teachers. Making the last batch today for family gifts! I found that the perfect temp was 350 for my oven, first bake time 20 min, second bake 15 mins. Thanks!

Hey girl! I JUST picked up a bag of those last night and they were amazing!

I perused all of your recent posts and everything looks sweet as always. So sorry I have been MIA. I wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas!!!!!

LaPink says:

I tried out this recipe and it is, to say the least, absolutely amazing. I can’t believe I never discovered all these different flavored Hershey Kisses. I made a double batch and made them into 4 logs, a little smaller than your recipe says but still a plentiful size. I probably should have cut the baking time by a few minutes but nevertheless I gave them away for little holiday gifts… and everybody loved them!!! THANKS SO MUCH!

Jay says:

Failed in my attempt. Overbaked at 30 minutes and burnt the bottom. Oh well, stopped me from eating a whole bag of kisses.

Will remake at a later date using mint chocolate chips for the kisses and dividing into 2 loaves. Will also bake at 350 as others have suggested.

nes says:

God gave you a great talent! Thank you for sharing it. It made me hungry and I wanna bite it. I wish I also know how to cook, all I know is to eat…

[...] Chocolate Mint Truffle Kissed Biscotti [...]

[…] Chocolate Mint Truffle Kissed Biscotti.   These would make such a great gift to go with a coffee related present, a coffee mug or Starbucks gift card. […]