Mar
2010

Almond Lovers Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: , , , , ,

Cookies

Almost Friday, wahoo!!  To get our “almost” weekend off to a good start, I’ve made one of the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve had in a LONG time, in my humble opinion :)

While I was strolling the baking isle a couple weeks ago I stopped at this almond paste that often catches my eye.  I quickly bought myself a box and created these “Almond Lover’s Chocolate Chip Cookies.”  Now, I will tell you, the almond flavor is not immediately noticeable, but the texture of these cookies is near perfect!  I’m talking perfectly crispy on the outside and ultra chewy on the inside.  The kids gobbled them up as well as the adults!

Alright, enough talking from me, go pick up a box of almond paste to try these out for yourselves!!

Almond Lovers Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

3/4 Cup granulated sugar

3/4 Cup brown sugar

3 oz Odense Pure Almond Paste (package is 6 oz, I just cut in right in half)

2 eggs

1 Tablespoon vanilla

2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

12 oz bag chocolate chips

3/4 Cup chopped almonds (opt. I didn’t add them, but they would be great!)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until well combined, light and fluffy.  Add the almond paste in pieces until well combined.  Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.

2.  In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips.  Mix until just combined.  Scoop onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet with a medium cookie scoop.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just golden crisp on the outside.  Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

about 3 dozen cookies

________________________________________

Have a great weekend!! Come back soon :)

Comments

Bo says:

I have never thought of putting almond paste into a chocolate chip cookie. Great idea!

Valerina says:

What a brilliant idea! I love almond paste (a little bit too much.) These cookies must be unbelievably addicting. :)

MaryMoh says:

These cookies look really delicious. I would love to try but I have not seen almond paste here. Have to hunt frther.

I never though of putting any almond flavoring into a cookie! Brilliant!

Oh my, you have no idea how much I simply adore almond flavored…well anything almond flavored! I’ve never considered it in a chocolate chip cookie. I love it!!

Sibylle says:

wow, these cookies are surely delicious!!!!
    greetings from French speaking Switzerland,
    Sibylle

Cristine says:

They look perfect! I can’t wait to try them!

Now, these look like my type of cookies! So the almond flavoring was right in the baking aisle? Not sure, if I’ve ever seen it…

Hi Ally,
      Yes, right smack dab in the middle of your baking isle. Ask an employee if you still can’t find it. I’m sure Sur La Table and William Sonoma sell it too.

Siggy Spice says:

These look absolutely scrumptious!

Finally! A reason to buy that almond paste!

Kimm Geria says:

Those look delicious. Right out of the oven with a cold glass of milk. Can’t wait to try it.

Mariel says:

Can marzipan be a susbstitute for almond paste? Thanks!

Sara says:

Oh my gosh – I just have to ask, because I know you live in OC too – did you get this at Albertson’s? I just got some almond paste by Odense there a few weeks ago!

Hi Sara,
      I actually picked it up at Gelson’s right across the street! Funny, because I don’t usually shop there. You’ll have to let me know if you give these a try :)

twyla says:

How about almond butter (like peanut butter but with almonds) instead of the paste?

Hi Twyla,
      I’ve used almond butter in cookies before and it makes for a great cookie, but I’m not sure if it would work in place of the almond paste. Totally different ingredients. Now I’m craving almond butter cookies!!

wow I can see the excitement in the picture this cookie is totally awesome!~ Great idea cant wait to try`

Becky says:

These look especially good. I love the idea of adding almond paste to cookies.

Sara says:

Mmmm, almonds. I would have never thought of using almond paste in a cookie. Great idea!

Fuji Mama says:

Ok, you’re a genius! I always have almond paste on hand. I cannot wait to try this!

Ohhh, I am totally in love with this recipe! Now I just have to find almond paste around our small town.

carrian says:

I think that’s a great idea! Can’t wait to try it!

Katrina says:

These look like fantastic/perfect ccc’s! The almond sounds de-lish!

Kaitlin says:

Great photos. These sound absolutely fantastic. I always see those boxes of almond paste in the baking isle and have never really been sure of their applications. Thanks for the great idea!

Tammy says:

This is going to sound so lame … but I want to make these WITHOUT the almonds and almond paste! Should I substitute with something else? Or will I just get a perfect chocolate chip cookie with the remaining ingredients? Thanks!

Jane says:

I’ve never used almond paste before, so this gives me a great reason to try it! Looks and sounds delicious!

Andrea says:

Those look and sound yummy! Now where can I find this almond paste? Jeopardy music playing in the background. LOL! I’ll check my local grocery store but might have to got to a speciality shop.

CookiePie says:

Ooooooo – almond paste in chocolate chip cookies – what a fabulous idea!!!

Michelle says:

Yes, please!! LOL

Beth says:

Hi Jenny!

I just saw you on The Food Network Chicken Challenge. You looked great! (I don’t know what those judges were thinking about undercooked meat…they apparently can’t see.)

So excited for you!
    -Beth

Tickled Red says:

These are scrumptious looking, then again almond is always a joy :)

Laurel says:

I picked up some of the almond paste last night at Target… going to bake these today!

Lacie E says:

These look amazing is it sad that I want them now and its breakfast lol

Michelle says:

I love using the nut butters in cookies!

Gorgeous photos!

Steph says:

I LOVE almond and chocolate chip cookies. I bet these taste amazing!! I am going to make these ASAP. I just need to stop by Publix and get the almond paste! Thanks for sharing.

MMM almond choc chip cookies sound so good. I just discovered almost paste at the market and I justed used it in a cake, i’m sure it will make for one delicious cookie!

Those cookies look delicious and I can’t wait to try them!

Carrie says:

Can you substitute almond flavoring for almond paste?

Susan says:

Almond paste is expensive but worth it for this recipe! I usually put almond extract in my chocolate chip cookies. These are great.

Laurel says:

Made these last night! The recipe has been on my to do list since you posted it here! They were quite wonderful. You are so right about the texture and perfection. My husband said “they are good… really good”… I only made a few and refrigerated the rest of the dough (it was late). I’m looking forward to baking the rest. Thanks!

[...] recipe originates from this one at PickyPalate.com. The minute I saw the recipe I knew it was a must try. [...]

Laura says:

Great idea! I will have to try these. The texture looks perfect.

[...] Makes about 3 dozen cookies. Recipe adapted from Picky Palate. [...]

Barbara says:

Just pulled the last sheet out of the oven. I already tried one and oh my, they are so good! I used up the marzipan I had left over from Christmas. I cut it in small chunks but it didn’t distribute as evenly as I would have liked so the almond flavor is a bit hit or miss in each cookie. But they’re great anyway! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sabrina says:

Made these cookies, and they were gone the same night! (had friends over). My advice is to make sure the almond paste is really softened well, because I noticed chunks of white paste after they were baked. Just smash it up a bit more in the raw dough (what I did) but not sure if you can soften in microwave before incorporating into dough. They did taste delicious though, and everyone raved about them. Thank you!

sanz says:

we dont get almond paste in our region. cud u pls give an alternative >???

Amanda says:

So I found your blog because I googled chocolate chip almond paste recipes. I’m an almond addict, and like you, bought some paste on a whim thinking at the very least I could just grab a spoon and eat it right out of the can. Luckily it didn’t come to that! :P Just made up these cookies, and you’re a genius. I used black currants instead of chopped almonds, and that works too! Sort of like a cookie version of the currant Green & Black’s bar. Nummah.

kimberley says:

these are DEFINITELY my favorite because it combines my two favorite things….almond paste and chocolate [chips] !!! (^_^)

madeline says:

i’ve made these a few times, but i do half white chocolate and half milk or semi-sweet chocolate.
    everyone who tried them lovvvved them.
    the consistency was perfect.
    so good.
    thanks.

Good info=) Going to need a bit of time to ponder your stuff.

whoah this blog is fantastic i love studying your articles. Stay up the great paintings! You understand, many people are hunting round for this info, you can help them greatly.