Apr
2010

Strawberry Milk Chipsters

Tags: , , ,

Cookies

Good Monday to you!!

Wait until you try these cute as can be little pink cookies!  I don’t know about your kids, but my kids love that Nestle’s Strawberry Milk Powder.  I certainly don’t have it on hand all the time, but a month or so ago, I decided to treat the boys with it.  After enjoying cup after cup of strawberry milk, the old wheels started turning as to what “else” I could do with this stuff…..cookies of course!!   Not sure why I didn’t think about it sooner, but I tell you, you’re going to love this recipe!  Next I’m trying the Chocolate Milk version :)

Had so much fun with my little stinker in the kitchen helping me make these cookies, had to add some snapshots of him at the mixer :)  Hope you all enjoy!!

Here is where the strawberry milk powder is added, right along with the brown sugar and butter.  I also added a drop or two of red food coloring to the eggs to give the cookies just a little stronger pink color.  Love these!  Now for my little helper….he LOVES working the old Kitchen Aid…and sampling the dough!  Little cutie :)

Strawberry Milk Chipsters

2 sticks softened butter

1/2 Cup strawberry milk Powder, Nestles

3/4 Cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1-2 drops red food coloring

1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract

2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

10 oz bag White Chocolate Chips

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer beat the butter, strawberry milk and brown sugar until well combined.  Place eggs into a bowl and whisk in 1-2 drops of food coloring.  Pour into mixer along with vanilla and beat until combined, about 30 seconds.   Place four, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix to combine then slowly add to wet ingredients along with white chips.  Mix on low until just combined.

2.  With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.  Bake for 9-11 minute or until edges just start to brown.  Let cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

about 3 dozen cookies

Have a great new week!!  See you soon with more cookin’!

Comments

hahnak says:

CUUUUUUUTE! both the cookies and your son! thanks for sharing the super cute recipe. id be perfect for valentines day fun!

I loved strawberry milk when I was little! These look so cute!

Those are some cute cookies (and a cute little helper too!) I have to admit that I love that strawberry milk ;)

Kaitlin says:

This is the best idea ever! It’s at the top of my list of things I want to bake – along with Poptart cookies. Great idea!

Very creative cookie!

vanillasugar says:

clever, you are so very clever!

LilSis says:

These pink cookies with the white chips are ADORABLE! And it looks like the Big Boy Helper had fun while helping!

Tracy says:

I love strawberry milk, and I love the color of these cookies!!

Wendy says:

I have never fallen in love with strawberry milk, but I could definitely love those strawberry cookies! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Cindy A says:

Okay, I have seen a ton of cookies, never these!! I will have to try these! Thanks for sharing!!

shellbell78 says:

these look so yummy, and what a great idea! Thanks for sharing, I think I will be making these this week. :)

Michelle says:

My Mom would never buy the Strawberry Mix for us! Such a gorgeous shade of pink!

Absolutely adorable – both the cookies and your little boy.

HoneyB says:

Your last photo is absolutely priceless! I love it …. and the cookies too of course~! :)

Kristi says:

I have a pink-loving princess at home that would love these!

joanne says:

I have spent the last few days really struggling to figure out how I could mix strawberries into cookie batter and this is exactly how I intend to do it! thanks so much for this!

Kim Fluck says:

The cookies made with strawberry milk powder look awesome! Reminded me of when I was a kid… my mom would make us pink birthday cakes for our birthdays and she would use the strawberry milk powder to flavor and color the frosting! Yum! How nice to have helping hands in the kitchen!

Kristen says:

My little kitchen helpers would love these – what a cutie you have.

Maggy says:

Very different and clever. I love the color too! Cute and Springy.

I’m like your kids, I love nesquick strawberry milk. Too bad they stopped selling it here :(. The cookies are so cute and sweet! And I bet the powder can be used in tons of ways (I once made ice cream with it)!

Jamie says:

Those are the cutest cookies….so spring like. What a creative cookie invention. You have a great helper there too!

Fuji Mama says:

Ok, who wouldn’t want to make these after those pictures of your little cutie helper? (Besides the fact that they look delish by themselves!)

Jenny these are GENIUS and cute to boot!!!!!

Krista says:

Oh my gosh! Love these. What perfectly cute pink cookies. We have the same mixer and my kiddos love to help out in the kitchen too. This post made me smile.

Amanda says:

I love these, so fun! And your little is too cute!

Dimah says:

These sound and look really good!

Valen says:

I bet these are very good, I would love them as strawberry and white chocolate are two of my favorite things!

claudia says:

these are so delicous looking and the little boy sure looks like he is enjoying them!

Jacki says:

Thank you very much for this recipe! It will be perfect for my daughter, who LOVES both strawberry milk and white chocolate chips! She will be surprised to find them in her lunches.

great idea and great way to use up pantry stuff!!!

Leslie says:

Thanks so much. Your pictures are wonderful. I will have to try this one again because my cookies came out a bit dry and I think I mixes the flour too much. I was baking 2 others things last nite but I am will to try again.

Katrina says:

Those look really fun. One of my boys talked me in to buying a container of strawberry milk powder and I don’t think he really likes it. But I’ll bet he’d like the cookies!

Amber says:

Oooh! I MUST bookmark this recipe. Our town does a Grand Dessert night each fall, where people host a coffee/dessert table to raise funds for breast cancer research. These cookies would match the Think Pink theme beautifully! Thanks, not only did you just come up with a great flavour combo, but you’re going to end up helping people because of it! Love the way our world works!

Richard says:

Great pics great post.

Chaya says:

I must make these for my grandaughters.

Megan says:

Thanks so much for posting this recipe! I made these cookies yesterday with own little helper–my four year old cousin–and we both adored them. Completely delicious!

I made these today, and they were awesome! They went perfectly with my Big Red ice cream. :) I made them both for my husband’s shift mates.

Katie says:

made these today but made them giant and cooked them a little longer! sooooo yummy!

Ashlee says:

I made these last night and they are DELICIOUS! I am going to make them for a pink bridal shower this summer! Thanks for a great recipe!

Heather says:

I made these cookies on Sunday and they were a HUGE hit with my friends and co workers. They were SOOOO GOOD and everyone LOVED them! Thank You So Much for creating and sharing such a easy, FUN & FABULOUS recipe. This one will be a “keeper” and a “must make” again for my recipe collection. Have A Great Day and Wonderful Week! Best Wishes and Smiles from the Bay!

Hi Heather,
      Thanks for sharing about the cookies! I love hearing that my recipes were a success :) Hope you’ll continue to find recipes you’ll love, come back soon!!

Amanda says:

I made these a few weeks ago for a girls’ gathering. They were great hot out of the oven, but the real test (for me at least) with cookies is how they are once they sit for a few hours. Well, the next morning, these were still amazing. The texture was so velvety and the flavor was great with the strawberry and white chocolate. This recipe is nice for when you want something different from the same old milk or dark chocolate chip cookie. Definitely a keeper!

Mina says:

I’m a little late in the conversation … just found your blog, and I’ve already tried two of your recipes with great success.

Anyway, my girls and I made these cookies last week, and we really liked them a lot–they were also a hit with some friends we shared them with. (We thought they’d make great Valentine’s Day treats delivered in pink Chinese take-out containers!) But we are chocolate fiends at this house, and so I thought it might be nice to try them with chocolate milk powder and peanut butter chips. WOW! You may have already thought of that combo–but if not, give it a try. Thanks for the recipe and the inspiration!

Margie says:

I am making these as I type. Husband is a strawberry milk kind of guy, me, not so much, but he loves them. :) I want to try a chocolate version and see how it goes… Chocolate milk mix, chocolate chips… :) Mmmm. :) Thanks for the recipe, I stumbleUpon’d your blog and I’ll be back often! :) Happy baking! :)

my mother always buys the best kitchen aids that she can find on the market ”

kitchen aids have a variety of different appliances that can help you cook your food easier -`-

[...] biggest laugh this year was the success of the Strawberry Milk Chipster cookies, made with Strawberry Quik powder. Nearly everyone I mentioned them to thought they would be [...]

[...] Strawberry Milk chipsters ~ Picky Palate (of course we would do the chocolate version…because chocolate is the best!) [...]

[...] Friday – leftovers (since I have a love/hate relationship with Fridays, I decided to declare it “baking day!” and Amelia and I will bake up something yummy. This week we are going to do chocolate milk cookies using this recipe) [...]

you’ve a amazing blogs it all article! if you’d like to make some invite posts on my blog?