Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

May
2010

Bacon and Cheese Egg McMuffin Cups…

Tags: , , ,

Breakfast and Brunch

It’s Thursday!!  I am so excited for the Bertolli event coming up next week.  Can’t wait to see which of my readers gets to go with me, I pick the winner tomorrow!  If you think you can take Mon-Wed off, don’t forget to enter HERE.

Break out your Large Muffin pan folks, we are making Egg McMuffin Cups today!  I love this recipe, it’s almost too easy and too cute!

Who needs McDonalds when you can make your own delicious 4 ingredient Egg McMuffin yourself?!  These are a blast to put together and look so cute on a plate.  My kids loved this little breakfast in a cup.

I LOVE drizzling some good hot sauce over mine, definitely give it a try if you like things spicy :)  Have a beautiful Thursday, see you all soon!

Here’s the lowdown….press your english muffin inside Texas Size Muffin cups, line inside with bacon, sprinkle inside with cheese, break an egg inside, season with salt and pepper, bake and woo hoo you are done!!  Mmmm!

How cute?!

Bacon and Cheese Egg McMuffin Cups

3 whole english muffins, split

6 slices ready cooked bacon, not microwaved, just right out of package

1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese

6 large eggs

Pinches of kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Press english muffins carefully into bottom of  a 6 cup Texas size muffin tin.  Form a little circle with the bacon and place around inside of muffin.  Sprinkle inside with cheese then top with a whole egg in each cup, keeping inside the bacon ring.  Sprinkle with pinches of kosher salt and pepper.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until egg is cooked through, not jiggly :)

2.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.  Serve as is or with some of your favorite hot sauce and a side of fruit!!

6 servings

__________________________________

Have a great rest of your week and weekend, come back soon :)

Comments

Ok, these are just too adorable!

zestycook says:

These are awesome! They look so fluffy and flaky- almost like a homemade crust.

These are so cute!

Oh those look delish…and we love Egg McMuffins!!! I will be trying those this weekend! Yum!

Regan Jones says:

so simple, yet so satisfying!

This looks like a perfect way to start the day!

Debbi says:

How cute! These look delicious!

Ashley says:

Those look delicious!

These look so good! What a fantastic idea, thanks for sharing!

FAbulous idea, easy and fun!

MamaD says:

These look so yummy! Do you think they would work with the egg scrambled for those not big fans of runny eggs??

Michelle says:

That’s what I was thinking, I’m not a fan of over easy or runny eggs either, my yolk has to be cooked all the way or just egg whites…But they sure do look yummy especially with salsa or hot sauce. Thanks for the great idea. Do you think you could freeze them for a quick breakfast when your in a hurry to get out the door?

Mandy says:

nummy! I’m definitely going to let the girls make these–making breakfast is their favorite part of the day!

What a fun idea for Mother’s Day!

Sara says:

This is such a great idea! They look great and I bet they are bit healthier than the ones you’ll find at McDonalds. :)

Fuji Mama says:

Ok, these are so darn awesome!! I LOVE them! I haven’t eaten breakfast yet (should I be admitting that?), and now I’m starving!!

Dawn Jolley says:

This looks delicious! I love trying out your clever recipe ideas, thanks so much!

roxan says:

Jenny, those are TOO adorable! I’m making dinner for the in-laws next week but it looks like I’m making brunch now too!! They’ll get a kick out of these.

Tracy says:

Yummy! I love doing new things with breakfast food!

Stacey says:

Oh my goodness!!! Are you kidding me? These are so darn cute and they look so yummy!!!

candi durbin says:

Great idea, I will def be trying these!

terri says:

If there are six openings in the tin, why do you need more than the 3 whole muffins? What’s the half of one for?

These are awesome!!! You can’t beat bacon and eggs together!

holly says:

These look so good!! I want to try them soon-we love breakfast around our house:)

Adena says:

“3 whole english muffins plus one half, split”
    Is what you list in the recipe so what is the one half spilt for. from the pics it looks like you have a half in each tin so that’s what i plan on doing but just curious what you mean by plus one half spilt…….help a confused girl out.
    Thanks

Very yummy looking breakfast or mini meal!! Hand held too!

Ooh these are so clever and look super delicious!

Great idea!

Jennifer says:

These look really good. And seem super easy to make. Next time I have family over for the weekend I’m gonna give these a whirl.

maggy says:

These look great. My mom says “those are our breakfast for tomorrow morning!”

Such a great idea! My husband and I eat a version of this every morning for breakfast, just not stuffed inside a muffin cup and with canadian bacon instead of regular bacon…plus we add some tomato slices on top! This is definitely a great breakfast!

Marcia says:

I had BT (no lettuce) on a Thomas “everything” toasted bagle for dinner tonight. Alas, I had to use that pre cooked bacon that does not need to be refrig. My refrig died Tuesday and a new one is coming this week end!

I use thin buns for my Egg McMuffin to reduce the carbs. Several different brands available but I like that bagel the best.

The special pan I want is a muffin top pan. Don’t you think that would work?

megan says:

I gotta try these. My daughter would love one of these on her way out the door! And so easy! :)

patsyk says:

I love it! Gonna have to get myself a large muffin tin so I can make them for my family! Total YUM!

Glenn says:

Sweet- great take on a classic- be a good treat for Sunday AM- Thanks!

Laurie-Jean says:

I’m so making these clever little cups this weekend!! I think this breakfast will become a mainstay at our home. I have to admit right off the bat I’m going to have to mix(no pun intended) it up a bit and scramble the eggs before I pour them in the cups. (Sigh..he can’t tolerate eggs cooked any other style) I think it’ll work just fine.
    Thanks bunches for this yummylicious treat!

sibylle says:

Problem?
    Hi Jenny, Often you’re first on my bloglist and then I check – just to see that the blog wasn’t updated. Perhaps there’s a problem?
    I always love to see your blog updates! I just recognized that often I get the information that your blog is updated, but then it’s still the old post.
    Do you have any idea?
    Thank you and thanks for your great recipes!!!!
    Sibylle

Kristin says:

Looks good and easy. Can’t wait to make them. Thanks!

zara says:

This looks really good and easy. Great brunch idea!

Jamie says:

Awesome idea Jenny! Everything I love all together for breakfast….eggs, cheese, bacon and bread. I will be giving these a try.

Evan Breznay says:

Nice post. Good to know for anyone who’s interested in Twitter, old or new.

ivoryfrog says:

these look great, I think my kids might even eat these! :D
    would sure help me out at breakfast time if they do…

Thanks for sharing this fab idea. :D

Molly says:

This is both practical and brilliant, all at once! Beautiful blog and great post!

This seriously is genius and it is so adorable. I am making this asap just so I can look at how cute it is!

gail says:

These look fantastic! Have you ever tried it with uncooked bacon?

I’ll definitely have to keep this on the “to make” list. These look great and I know they would be a huge hit in my house!

Marisa says:

These are a huge hit in my house. I made them on a whim this weekend while we had out of town company. I didn’t have any bacon so I used good quality herb crusted turkey lunch meat and they were so good. My 4 yo keeps asking for them!!!

[...] breakfast I made Craig Bacon & Cheese Egg McMuffin Cups…but I substituted the bacon for sausage…and I didn’t have a large muffin cup, so [...]

Sharon says:

I don’t eat eggs (a tragedy, i know) and I’m never up when my husband leaves for work. I’d love for him to have these at breakfast. How do you think these will freeze and reheat for a quick morning dash out the door?

Nancy says:

Looks amazing! A Sunday must have for sure. I am going to vote for your right now! Good luck!!!
    Thanks for sharing
    Nancy

breakfast foods should always be high in carbohydrates to provide the energy you need in the mornign ~