These Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs could not be more simple to prepare, they’re easy to peel and ready for eating! There’s no having to wait for water to boil on the stovetop. With the air fryer method, it’s truly no fuss!
Hard Boiled Eggs In Air Fryer
If you are an egg fan like we are, you are going to love this easy way to make hard boiled eggs. The air fryer method is no fuss and I’ve found that they peel so nice when cooked in the air fryer. Excited for you to try this method!
How To Make Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Preheat air fryer at 250 degrees F. Takes just a few minutes.
- Arrange Eggs In Air Fryer. Place fresh large eggs into basket of air fryer. You can fit around 12 eggs at a time depending on the size of your air fryer. Make sure they’re arranged in a single layer.
- Cook Eggs in air fryer at 250 degrees F. for 17-19 minutes. I like my yolks firm, if you prefer a softer yolk, cook for less time. You might notice when opening air fryer the cooked eggs will have little raised spots on the shell. This is just from the cooking process, it does not affect the egg when peeled.
4. Place Eggs In Ice Bath. Remove eggs from air fryer with long tongs and transfer directly into an ice bath. After a few minutes, when eggs are cool enough to handle, peel shell and enjoy.
How To Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
I like to take my eggs from the ice bath over by the kitchen sink. I turn on the sink to a low stream and gently crack all edges of the egg shell on the kitchen sink. Run egg under low stream water to help peel the egg shells off. The air fryer hard boiled eggs peel very easy.
Recipe Tips For Successful Hard Boiled Eggs
- Fresh Eggs. Check the date on your eggs and make sure they are fresh for best results.
- Air Fryer Cook Time. For softer yolk try cook time at 14-15 minutes. For a more firm yolk cook for 17-19 minutes.
- Servings. Cook as little as one egg at a time in the air fryer or up to about 12 eggs depending on the size of your air fryer basket. Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
How To Serve Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
Serve hard boiled eggs chilled. I like to cut my eggs in half, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. If you have fresh chives on hand, chopped fresh chives are the perfect garnish for color and a bit of onion flavor. A pinch of dried or fresh dill weed tastes great on top of hard boiled eggs too. I use the air fryer hard boiled eggs method to make my favorite egg salad recipe and deviled eggs recipe!
Store any leftover hard boiled eggs in an airtight container or large ziplock style bag in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
You can freeze the yolks if needed. The whites don’t freeze/thaw well. Place yolks wrapped in plastic wrap, placed in an airtight container and place in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw completely before using.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- air fryer
- Large Bowl for ice bath
- ice for ice bath
- 5 large eggs
- Preheat air fryer to 250 degrees F.
- Place eggs into basket of air fryer in a single layer. Carefully close basket and cook for 17-19 minutes for hard boiled eggs. With long tongs, carefully remove eggs and immediately place eggs into an ice bath (bowl of water with ice).
- When eggs are cool enough to touch, remove shells and enjoy.
- Cook as little or up to about 12 eggs in the air fryer. Make sure they’re in a single layer.
- Note that each air fryer cook time may vary slightly. Start with my suggestions and adjust as needed.