Jul
2010

The Ultimate Cowboy Burgers and Bacon Ranch Zucchini Kebabs

Dinner

Happy Monday!  Hope everyone had a great 4th of July celebration yesterday :)

Summer is in full swing which means I will be using my grill A LOT!  I LOVE making gourmet burgers, it brings me back to my competitive cooking days at the Build A Better Burger competition.  Now mind you, these burgers in this recipe are HUGE!  You can certainly make your patties smaller, but when I make burgers as you can see from my pictures, I don’t hold back :)

I LOVE all of the flavors going on in this burger, bacon, onion rings, lettuce, tomato and BBQ sauce, I am drooling just thinking about it!  For a fun side, I whipped up some fun zucchini kebabs with some of the leftover bacon drippings.  They were incredible!!

I hope you enjoy these big bad burgers as much as we do.  Mmmm!

I could just have this bacon for dinner….but it’s awesome on these burgers too!

Slice up your zucchini…

and your yellow squash…

Pour in a little bacon drippings and your seasonings…

Don’t forget a little Ranch, really makes these kebabs so tasty!

Time to grill :)

LOVE these cowboy burgers!

The Ultimate Cowboy Burgers

1 lb bacon

1 1lb ground beef

2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic

2 Tablespoons worchestershire sauce

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper

1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese plus 1/2 Cup for topping burgers

2 seeded onion rolls, split and toasted

4 Tablespoons mayonnaise

1 Cup shredded iceburg lettuce

4 slices tomato, 1/2 inch thick

4 baked onion rings

2-4 Tablespoons BBQ sauce (I used KC Masterpiece)

1.  Preheat grill to medium high.  Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and crisped.  Drain and save drippings.  In a large bowl combine the beef, garlic, worchestershire sauce, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese.  Form into 2 large patties and grill for 4-5 minutes each side.  During the last few minutes, add additional cheddar cheese to melt.  Place mayonnaise onto both sides of split rolls and layer lettuce, tomato, burger, onion rings then BBQ sauce on bottom rolls.  Place roll on top and serve!

2 LARGE Burgers

Bacon Ranch Zucchini Kebabs

1 large zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch slices then quartered

1 large yellow squash, also quartered

pinches of kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper

1 1/2 Tablespoons of Bacon drippings

1/2 teaspoon dry Ranch seasoning

1.  Place all quartered zucchini and yellow squash into a large bowl.  Season with salt, pepper, bacon drippings and Ranch seasoning.  Mix to combine then alternate zucchini and yellow squash quarters onto skewers, about 8 total.  Place onto grill and grill about 2 minutes per side.  Remove and serve.

8 skewers

___________________________________________

Have a great new week!!  See you soon :)

Comments

sibylle says:

They look great!!! We also celebrated the 4th July yesterday over here in Geneva/Switzerland! The American Clubs always organize a lovely celebration.
    We had very warm weather and enjoyed burgers, coleslaw, cheesecake, live music in a park.
    Have a great week
    Sibylle

Wow this looks sinfully delicious. I love the look of this burger and my tastebuds would surely love the taste. I would skip my favorite Filipino recipe for a bite of this.

Those burgers look perfect!

Kim in MD says:

This burger looks amazing! I love the kebob idea, too! Would you share your recipe for the baked onion rings? They would be so much healthier than fried! :-)

TIffany says:

Oh! Oh! Oh! The look FABULOUS Jenny!!

Can’t wait to try them!

Julie says:

That’s a whole lotta awesome burger goodness….yum!

Pat says:

These look wonderful, but, unfortunately, not on my diet at the present time before my cruise. :-(

I love this recipe. These burgers and those kebabs are a great combo for the grilling season. LOVE the western font you found…..xxoo
    btw: welcome home, hope your trip was fab!

Jamie says:

Oh my, you are killing me Jenny. Those burgers look amazing. We love our burgers here. I love the onion rolls. I never think to get those since my girls don’t like them, but next time I will definitely get those for me and my husband. I love the grilled zucchini kabobs too.

Heather says:

Wow! I am drooling!!

Heather
    The Gift Closet
    http://www.thegift closet.blogspot.com

Brenda says:

Jenny…I think this may have been a contender for the $100,00!! I am glad you are a California girl now, but….that would have been a sweet check! Come out to the winery as a guest this year, we would love to see you again!

Amanda :) says:

Those Zucchini Kebabs look delicious! I can’t wait to try! :)

Chef Dennis says:

OMG….you are the Burger Master!!!! that cowboy burger has everything on it you could possibly want! wow!!
    Now I’m hungry!
    Dennis

Wow, these are some serious burgers! I just bought a bunch of zucchini and yellow squash yesterday. I’ll have to make these!

Tracy says:

Major yum! I’m not normally a big burger fan, but I’d try these in a heartbeat!

That is a mean looking burger!

Amanda says:

This looks to DIE for – seriously, it looks great! But, I was just wondering – is there anyway of making ALL of the above without a grill? I live in a teensy-tiny apartment, and I dont have an outdoor OR indoor grill (which, you know, in the summer months really bites).

Yes, you can absolutely use an indoor grill or even a grill pan that you put on your stovetop!! Hope you enjoy :)

charlene says:

Thanks for the Suddenly Salad giveaway – I am so excited to win!
    I think this looks absolutely wonderful. I plan to make it this week-end!

Frank @ Cookingfishmonger says:

The burgers look delicious. I like that you used an onion roll.
    I love the idea of serving the grilled kebabs along with the burger. I’m going to grill some of them up this weekend.

Sues says:

Oh man, this fully-loaded burger looks absolutely amazing!!! It’s almost 11:30 p.m. and I’m now starving :)

Great 4th of July barbecue meal!

One of our family favorite burger recipes ;-)

Janette says:

I think I am in love…….I just followed a link to a link to….and found your site. I’m hooked just after this page. Darn my stove is broken. Buying one tomorrow. Must start cooking again. My family will be surprised. YUM

Robyn Mackelprang says:

I made these this weekend and they were a HUGE hit! I also made the s’more brownies for 4th of July and I already want to bake another batch. Thanks for sharing all of your great creations!

megan says:

Looks like a GREAT burger!

camille says:

Made these Burgers for dinner last night. They were DIVINE!!!! Thank you!!! We are going to try the kabobs later this week!!

[...] Ultimate Cowboy Burgets and Zuchini Kebabs from the Picky Palate.  My mouth is watering from the pics!  MMMmmmm!  Thank you to my friend Amy at Tote and Tee for [...]

[...] Cowboy Burgers and Zucchini Kabobs by Picky Palate [...]

[…] onion rings, cheese, beef? Yes, please! These Cowboy Burgers from The Picky Palate looked too amazing to pass up. And for those of you more veggie inclined – there’s a […]