Jul
2010

Cinnamon Roll Pizza

Tags: , , , , ,

Desserts

It’s Monday again!!  Hope everyone had a nice weekend!  I spent part of my weekend in sunny AZ for a Thermador Event with 19 other Bloggers.  It was awesome, See my Life in OC page for all my pics and rundown of the trip :)

I am not a fan of excuses, but I have to say my lack of pictures for this recipe do NOT do it justice (it was one of those…family in town, kids don’t want to wait for mommy to take pictures kinda day).

This little personal pan size Cinnamon Roll Pizza was so unbelievably delicious!  We’ve all had dessert pizza, but just wait until you try my version of this.  It is gooey, buttery and perfectly cinnamon-ey!  I used the mini pizza pans from William Sonoma which I love for so many recipes, however you can absolutely use a normal size pizza pan if you’d prefer.

We made this fun dessert last week when my family was visiting and needless to say, we were all licking the pan clean.  Not only is the top gooey and fabulous, but the bottom is also baked in brown sugar and butter which makes for…..trouble :)

Hope you give this one a try over the summer, you’ll love it!

Here’s your line-up…these are the mini pizza pans I used, LOVE them.  Also note, I decided at the last minute to NOT use the cream cheese.  I was going to use it for the drizzle, but opted for the heavy cream and powdered sugar.  Either way is delish!

So, place little cut up pieces of butter into bottom of each pan then sprinkle with brown sugar.  Makes the bottom of the pizza fabulous!

Next, press in your pizza dough over butter and brown sugar.

Spread tops of dough with butter….lots of butter :)

Next comes the brown sugar and cinnamon…

Let cool and you’ll get a crispy buttery cinnamon topped pizza with none other than a sweet drizzle.  This one will go in “our favorite” recipe file for sure!!

Cinnamon Roll Pizza

4 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes, divided in half

1/2 Cup packed brown sugar, divided in half

13 oz pizza dough of choice, divided in half

4 Tablespoons room temperature butter

1/2 Cup packed brown sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided in half

1 Cup powdered sugar

4-5 Tablespoons heavy cream

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray pizza pans with cooking spray and layer each pan with butter cubes and brown sugar.  Gently place divided dough into pans over butter and brown sugar then spread butter over tops of dough.  Layer with brown sugar and cinnamon.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pizza crust is cooked through.  Let cool for 10 minutes or until butter and brown sugar have set.  Cut into wedges.

2.  Place powdered sugar and cream into mixing bowl and stir until smooth.  Drizzle over warm slices of pizza and serve.

8 small slices of pizza, 2 full personal pan size or 1 12 inch pizza

My mom’s dog always comes for vacation too and happened to find the plate that had the gooey cinnamon remnants and went to town, we were cracking up and I had to snap a picture, can’t blame her :)

Love this picture of my boys, my dad and little brother hanging at the beach.  It just screams summer doesn’t it?!

______________________________________________

Have a great new week, see you all soon!!

Comments

Oh my gosh…how incredible is this? It looks amazing!

Between this and your Snickers Cheesecake Cookies, I’m starting to think that you can see into my soul. This is perfect!!

Oh my! My gang would love these! Delish….
    ~Liz

CookiePie says:

WOW — delicious! What a fantastic idea!

Fuji Mama says:

All I can say is “Oh yum!” as I wipe the drool off of my chin. Seriously, this looks so good!!

Kim in MD says:

What a great idea! My children are cinnamon roll lovers, so I will definately make this! I love the photos of your dog and your family on the beach…so sweet! :-)

What a treat!! Of course the dog hopped in on the action. Looks like a great sweet treat. Love the Balboa Island photo, so happy. :) xo

Kristen says:

This looks like a treat my entire family would be crazy for!
    I love that beach pic…doesn’t get much better than that!

It was great hanging out with you. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

I am going to make this next weekend!

Sues says:

Best idea ever!! I would LOVE my own personal cinnamon roll pizza :) That beach photo is awesome too… Definitely something to look at all year lone… :)

Karenthej says:

Hi there,Sorry I was too shy to say hi but you have amazingly beuafitul daughters!Thanks for letting me take a photo with Clie9 without stopping me. =) She’s so adorable!

I love pizza, I love the combo! Looks like something everybody would love!

Jennifurla says:

It is hard not to gain weight just looking at this picture, fab

Wow! This will be made today. It looks amazing!!!! Swimsuit season be damned. I’m going to have to try to figure out how to make it for my food allergic son too. There is no way it would be fair for us to eat something so yummy looking in front of him. :)

Looks fantastic – what a great idea to turn cinnamon rolls into a pie!

This looks so delicious! I love cinnamon roll flavors.

Margo says:

I have a friend who has a tradition of homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas morning. I will have to share this recipe with her, it will cut down on a lot of work at an already busy time of year!

This looks awesome!! I can’t wait to try!!

Sharlene says:

Wow. That is sinful! Love it!

Gail B says:

such a great idea! I know now what the hubby will get when he’s in the mood for dessert!

My kids would go crazy over this! What a fun recipe this is.

Nikki says:

Lord woman I gain 5lbs just looking at the pictures on your blog!

I’ve been a follower for quite a while and I love your recipes! This is one more I definately have to try.

nikki
    thehousewifechronicles.net

Stacey says:

Holy cow!!! I absolutely adore cinnamon rolls so I’m going to try these very soon. Oh and yeah, my favorite picture . . . the one with the sweet puppy! :)

Great idea! I had dessert pizza a few times but this is taking it to a new level! Perfect for sharing!

Jamie says:

Awesome dessert pizza. Darn that looks good. Love all the pics. Lucky dog too….I’m sure he loved that plate.

Oh my goodness…I’m drooling over here!

Krista says:

Love this one…and my kids would too!

Julie says:

Wow, sounds a lot easier that rolling out cinnamon rolls. Sounds like a yummy breakfast.

just hung out with Marla (family fresh) today and she raved about you :) I am a San Diego girl and also a blogger…we talked shop and I am always interested in meeting other local bloggers..say hi sometime if you have a chance :)

alison says:

OMG! This looks fabulous! So glad I came across you and your site. Hope your week is good! Great job!

Carol says:

Wow does that look good-and how easy. What a great idea for a quick cinnamon roll craving……and I love the photo of your Mom’s dog enjoying every last crumb too. :)

Camille says:

What size are the mini pizza pans and do you know where I could find some? I’ve been looking but no success yet.

Hi Camille
    I found a set of 4 of them at William sonoma earlier this year. I’m sure they still have them. I believe it was their mini pizza pan set. I am guessing they are 6 inches round each. Hope you can find them :)

[...] Cinnamon Roll Pizza by Picky Palate (thanks to Mom Advice for posting about this first) just may be on our table come [...]

Oh my! I’m speechless! Not only am I am in love with the recipe–but I’m in love with the personal pizza pans. Perfect for our weekly pizza/popcorn nights.

Suz says:

Tried your Ice Cream Sunday Cake and Cinnamon Roll Pizza…Both were very good…family gave it 2 thumbs up.
    I really enjoy your website’s upbeat and positive nature. And your pictures are awesome. Love your family pictures!!!
    Thank you for all the time and effort you give through your site.
    Suz

Pat says:

In your pic you show caramel topping– it that part of the recipe?
    Thanks

[...] Jenny presents Cinnamon Roll Pizza [...]

[...] Cinnamon Roll Pizza From Picky Palate [...]

Kristen says:

Cinnamon Roll Pizza is interesting because I am not used to pizzas with added sugar on it. I am only aware of cheese, vegetable toppings and meat toppings. Perhaps I am going to try this kind of pizza. I certainly love eating pizzas.

Onkyo TX-SR608 Receiver

Watch Repair says:

Good post on Cinnamon Roll Pizza.

Lola says:

This looks great, but do I have to use pizza dough? I can just omit it, can’t I? And do I have to make it in a pizza pan, could I just make it in a baking pan? if so, then what size would it be? Thanks!

Debbie says:

I don;t have any mini pans, do you think i could just use the whole can of pizza dough on a pizza pan following the other steps and cook it longer?