Jul
2010

Red and Golden Raspberry Lemon Baby Cheesecake Pies

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Desserts

Wahoo it’s Thursday!  We are probably on the road back home as you read this yummy little post :)  Great times in AZ, but bring me my beach weather back!!

Picked up some beautiful red and golden raspberries at the farmers market before we went out of town.  They are fabulous in my little lemon baby cheesecake pies.  I love everything about this recipe.  No need to wait all day for your cheesecake to cool, after about 15 minutes these are ready to gobble up!  Not to mention they look absolutely adorable too :)

Hope you enjoy this summer dessert, we sure did!

Here’s your line up :)

Have you tried lemon curd before?  It is delicious even by itself.  Found this cute jar at Trader Joes, but you can purchase it about anywhere….or make your own :)

I used a glass bowl to cut out 4 1/2 inch circles for the pies.  Use what you’ve got around the house.

I added some fresh cinnamon spiced whipped cream….I would definitely add this.

Red and Golden Raspberry Lemon Baby Cheesecake Pies

8 oz softened Cream Cheese

1/2 Cup sugar

2 large eggs

1 Tablespoon pure vanilla

1/2 Cup prepared Lemon Curd (found mine at Trader Joes)

1 Cup red raspberries

1 Cup golden raspberries

2 12 inch pie dough rolls, I used Pillsbury

1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream

2 Tablespoons powdered sugar

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined, scraping sides as needed.  Beat in lemon curd until combined then gently stir in berries until just combined.

2.  Cut 4 1/2 inch rounds out of the pie crust, re-rolling scraps.  I was able to get 14 rounds out of both crusts.  Gently press into 14 traditional size muffin tin cups then fill each crust with about 1/4 cup of cheesecake batter.  Brush crust with egg white wash then bake for 30-35 minutes or until cheesecake is set and crust is golden.  Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from cups.  Refrigerate or serve room temperature.  Beat heavy cream, powdered sugar and cinnamon until stiff.  Serve cheesecake pies with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired :)

14 baby cheesecake pies

____________________________________

Have a great rest of your week and weekend, see you soon!

Comments

I love the lemon curd from TJs. These are too cute!

TIffany says:

Yum! Yum! Yum! Like, Chocolate & Peanut Butter, Raspberries & Lemon are made for each other!!

Just can’t wait to try these!

Rebecca says:

Oh those look so delicious!

Jennay says:

Can’t wait to try this summer recipe out!! Looks delicious and just in time for a work party!! =) Thanks for all your awesome recipes!!

oh yum! you had me at lemonberry :)

Jennifurla says:

ADORABLE, these would be great at a party

These are too cute!

Perfect timing for me; asked to bring a dessert for many to a barbecue and wanted something with individual servings yet not just another cookie. Perfect!

Never tried lemon curd, but it’s been on my to do list for awhile now!! Love the cheesecakes, they are gorgeous!!

I love mini desserts! Fun recipe!

Amanda :) says:

*chomp!* Cinnamon-spiced whipped cream? Love it!! :)

Margo says:

These sound like a wonderful addition to a summer luncheon. Cheesecake, lemon, raspberries *and* pie crust? I think the only problem here would be making enough!

Becky says:

Wow, you must either have a great metabolism or a lot of self control to make all these incredible treats and still stay skinny! These look amazing.

I love the lemon raspberry combo and these are so cute! Perfect for a baby or wedding shower!

Cathy says:

I’ve never had lemon curd before. I’ll have to give this recipe a try!

Alisa says:

Thinking of making these for after my baby’s blessing. Can you buy lemon curd at a place like Fry’s or Bashas? Which isle would it be in? Also, were these good the next day so I could prepare them ahead of time?

Hi Alisa,
      These were great the next day in the refrigerator. I would check for lemon curd in the jelly section of your grocery store :)

Kirstin says:

Whoa. These look good! Ive never seen the pie crust before, can you find it where the pre made croissants etc?

Tracy says:

So cute! Love lemon curd, too!

These mini cheesecakes are beautiful! So fun that you used red and golden raspberries. The lemon curd puts them over the top! We will be so happy to have you back in the OC. xo

Kim in MD says:

These are so pretty! What a great idea…I love the Trader Joe’s lemon curd (and anything else from Trader Joe’s)! :-)

These look perfect for our picnic tomorrow to see an outdoor movie, thanks for the great post. I will wow our friends.

E says:

Wow! Those are calling my name – lol.. Thanks for sharing I’m definitely adding them to my “must make” list. By the way, I love your site!

Wow, how delicious! Pie crust, cream cheese, berries AND lemon?! YUM!

Julie says:

They really are cute! I’ve never seen golden raspberries :)

Celeste says:

Oh, these are lovely! I will have to try these!

These are so cute and look so delicious!

I could eat lemon curd all day. What a lovely flavor it would add to these pretty little treats.

RaeMarie says:

As fall is approaching, it’s harder to find fresh raspberries. Do you think the recipe would work with frozen berries? Also, could I use all red raspberries? My grocery store rarely carries the golden ones.

Wenderly says:

They look as darling as they do delicious!

I usually don t post in blogs but yours forced me to, awesome stuff? interesting

Marissa says:

Made these for Thanksgiving 2011 and my family demanded I make them for Christmas! These are delicious as they couldn’t be easier to make!