Aug
2010

Running Around New York City Day 1

New York City, Travel |

This image of hotel from Google

Last week was such a whirlwind of excitement.  My buddy Amanda and I literally ate and shopped our way through NYC for 4 days straight.  I’m not even sure where to start.  Together we took almost 1,ooo photos over our 4 day visit!

Unilever put us up in this ultra Swanky and totally fabulous Royalton Hotel during BlogHer10 for some Culinary Fare and Pampering before and after the conferences. Can you get over how cool this place is?!  Take a look at our awesome room!

Loved our room, very chic :)

It was so nice to find a note under our door that said….”open door for fresh muffins.”  Sweet!

Ahhhhh, we loved this :)

this photo via Amanda

We also came home the first evening to find these adorable make-up bags full of lotions and LOTS of deodorant.  It was so hot in NY last week, so we appreciated the goods!

The streets of NY are incredible, such energy everywhere you go.  This was directly to the left of us towards 5th Ave.

This was to our right, just one block from Time Square.  People EVERYWHERE always on the go……and always on cell phones :)

Love these streets.  Amanda and I walked all over them.

After Amanda and I got settled last Thursday we headed to SoHo area and ate at this famous mini food truck, Waffles & Dinges.  Talk about the best waffles ever!  Definitely worth hunting down if you are in the area :)

I’ll leave you with Amanda’s waffle :)

Up next is our Martha Stewart Blogger’s Party and more of the fabulous places we ate!

Comments

Wow, looks like you had quite the treatment in NYC!

Laura says:

I must say how jealous I am.

Heather says:

Jenny it looks like you guys had an amazing time! Can’t wait to see the pictures from Martha’s Blogger Party! Welcome home!

I love the Big Apple. This is the first summer in years that I haven’t visited for a few days. I am, however, having a good time in New Orleans. Read about it at http://martinasmoments.blogspot.com! Can’t wait to read more about your trip.

Jamie says:

The picture of NYC on your main page is awesome. I’ve never been to NY so I’m living it through your photos. Can’t wait to hear more about your trip.

Renae says:

Oh I love New York! This time last year I was there on holiday instead of here in Australia in winter!
    Looks like so much fun!

Kim in MD says:

Beautiful photos! It looks like you had a great time! :-)

Jenny, thanks for sharing your trip with us! The hotel and those waffles look AMAZING!! xo

Sondra says:

Looks great :-). I will be up there in November for the marathon. It is a return trip for me and first trip for husband and son.

Mandy says:

Glad you liked it here ;)

I agree, those waffles are delish!!!!

Amy says:

I love the fact that all the recent posts for “Life in OC” have been outside southern cali. Who knew a bloggers life could be so fabulous!

Valerie says:

I love wafels and dinges! they do have an actual truck that serves a savory waffle with bbq pulled pork! So delicious! Comes with a kool aid pickle – which is pink! Definitely check it out the next time you are in nyc. along with many other great nyc food trucks.