Aug
2010

Fluffer-Oreo Birthday Boy Cupcakes

Tags: , , ,

Desserts

My boys are growing up entirely too fast.  What do I do to stop them, can hardly believe my oldest is already 8 years old!

I really do LOVE birthdays, I had so much fun sneaking around Thursday night after the boys went to bed decorating the whole house.  I’m talking good old fashion streamers, balloons and cheesy Happy Birthday signs.  It’s so priceless to see their faces when they wake up to see the house full of birthday color.

So, I asked the birthday boy what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday and he told me…..Oreo marshmallow cupcakes.  We had a blast putting this crazy, over the top cupcake together.  Eat with caution…..these cupcakes may put you in a sugar coma for days :)

Take a peek at the boys in the kitchen again helping me.  I can get used to having them home from school :)  Love my little helpers!

Here’s your line up.  Please note I only used half a bloc of cream cheese.  4 oz to be exact.

LOVE my cupcake liners.  These are the giant Texas size ones.  Picked them up at TJ Maxx Home a few weeks ago.

Let the fun begin!

Oh my gosh, I could take pics of this goofy kid all day :)

Yes, the birthday boy requested Marshmallow cream inside the batter….he’s definitely my son huh?

Don’t forget the crushed oreos inside too.

Let the layering begin.  Start with the cupcake batter, an oreo and a dollop of marshmallow cream.  Repeat one more time if you are using the Texas Size Muffin Tin.  Only once for the normal size.

I’d say those look pretty awesome.  Nice choice birthday boy!

Yah, loving these :)

Had to get some shots of these adorable teaspoons Amanda brought me while we were in NY.  Love them, Thanks girl!

Fluffer-Oreo Birthday Boy Cupcakes

1 yellow cake mix

1/2 Cup water

1/2 Cup canola or vegetable oil

4 eggs

1 box instant vanilla pudding mix

4 oz softened cream cheese

5 Oreo Cookies, crushed plus 12-24 whole Oreos to layer inside cupcakes

1/2 Cup marshmallow cream plus 1/2 Cup to layer

Cream Cheese Frosting See the link for recipe

5 or so Oreos crushed to sprinkle over each frosted Cupcake

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Using your stand mixer, beat the cake mix, water, oil, eggs, pudding mix, cream cheese, 5 crushed oreos and 1/2 Cup Marshmallow cream until well combined, about 1 minute.

2.  Line your Texas Size Muffin Tin with paper liners and place 2 Tablespoons of batter into the bottom of each cup.  Layer with an Oreo then a dollop of marshmallow cream, 2 more tablespoons of batter then another Oreo and dollop of marshmallow cream.  Top with 2 more Tablespoons of cupcake batter, should be about 3/4 full.  Don’t fill more than that or you’ll have a mess in your oven :)  NOTE:  If you are using a normal size cupcake pan, only layer one Oreo and one dollop of marshmallow cream.

3.  Bake for 25-27 minutes (for Texas Size Pan 18-22 minutes for normal size cupcake pan, or until just golden brown and cooked through.  Let cool completely.  Frost and sprinkle with crushed oreos.

12 Texas Size Cupcakes or 24 normal size cupcakes

_______________________________________

Have a great new week, see you soon!

Comments

Amy says:

Mmmm…oreos! Love your liners.

Kim in MD says:

How fun! These cupcakes are over the top! I love the cupcake liners, too. Your boys are adorable!

oh my gosh, i love the oozing-out-of-the-cupcake fluffer…holy yum!

CookiePie says:

Those cupcakes look fantastic – an 8-year-old’s fantasy come true!! And I love the pics of your boys – they are adorable!!

Love the measuring spoons!! I actually saw the same set this past weekend….in Arkansas, though, not New York. Perhaps they are long lost sisters?
    The cupcakes look amazing, your son knows what he’s talking about, that’s for sure!! :)

These are awesome! Perfect for celebrating. Your boys are too cute!

alison says:

These look like great kid fun and yummy too, as always. Hope you’re well!

AHhhh, happy bday to the boy. Such great cupcakes :)

Michelle says:

And look at how adorable your 2 boys are….so cute! Wonderful cupcake too and I bet you all had a great time!

I was just thinking of making an oreo treat!

Camille says:

Oh my goodness! Those look amazing and it just happens to be my boys 5th birthday today!

mangiabella says:

oh my – my husband and daughter will LOVEEEEE these – I MUST MAKE THEM!!!! happy birthday to your lil one – sooo adorable! i just became your newest subscriber *woot woot*

come by and visit me anytime at http://mangia-bella.blogspot.com

*my last post is quite silly, although sincere lol, but previous posts give more of a feel of the tone of my blog! would love your thoughts!!

Jamie says:

Oh my goodness! What a birthday cupcake! Happy Birthday to your son and I love all the pictures.

Amanda :) says:

Oh my heavens, I bet it was hard to stop taking pictures of those cupcakes! Gorgeous, gorgeous!! :) Totally must try these.. We love Oreos!

Christina says:

I looove them!! Now I need an excuse to make them :)

Lindsey says:

Wow those look AMAZING! My mouth is watering!

angien24 says:

These look incredible! You’re boys are so adorable too! Happy birthday to your oldest.
    Oh I just saw those measuring spoons yesterday at a little cupcake shop. They also have the 3 mini spoons with ‘Pinch, Dash and Smidge’… SO cute! Great gift from Amanda.

These cupcakes look awesome! Your little helpers are too cute!

Angie says:

OMG, woman, these are amazing! And your boys are soo cute, I know they loved those cupcakes so much!

[...] Picky Palate made these Fluffer-Oreo cupcakes for her son’s birthday – he requested Oreo marshmallow [...]

Those are crazy!!! I love the way your boy thinks. :-)

too cute ;-) love adding surprises inside cupcakes!

Kerstin says:

The pics of your boys are too cute – happy birthday to your son, these definitely look like the perfect cupcakes to celebrate!

jessica says:

I ‘stumbledupon’ your website, and just wanted to say it is FABULOUS. I have favorite-marked SO many of your recipes, and I cannot wait to try them! These cupcakes look AMAZING. Glad I found this! Keep up the good work :)

Eliana says:

These cupcakes looks awesome but not cuter than your boys.

Happy birthday to your little guy :) These are quite the celebration cupcakes—-especially when Texas sized!
    Love that teaspoon set Amanda got for you in NYC. xo

My mouth is watering! I want one of these so bad. Can’t wait to make them :)

A boy after my own heart; awesome birthday cupcakes!

Aggie says:

holy cupcake!!! I love this post girl! Those are a work of art! :) Birthday wishes to your little guy!

what great fun with a huge smile like that these must be fabulous adorable!

Rachelle says:

Happy Birthday to your son!! Love the photos of them helping make them. These cupcakes really do sound good and lots of fun too.

Oh, Jenny…I wish I had a spoonful of that icing right now! These look delectable. The cross section photo with the Oreos inside the cupcake looks amazing. Happy Birthday to your (not so) little man!

Mags says:

Ohhh… those boys are so adorable. Keep them little if you have to put them in plastic and shrink wrap them…LOL

Great looking cupcakes!

Kirstin says:

ooh. looks delish! :D

Sharlene says:

Wow! Adorable kids. Delicious cupcakes. There really can’t be much more to life. Also, I’m so jealous of all your amazing bakeware. I definitely want two layers in my cupcakes and not just one!

Yafit says:

Jeany !!!!!!!!!!
    You are the BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    First – Congradulations to the birthday Boy !!!!!!!
    He’s a man already :-))))
    Well i can say again that I adore you and all the amazing things you are doing in Hebrew we call it : ESHET CHAIL….
    It means: 100% Woman who is doing all – Baking, Cooking, raising children, holding the house , cleaning washing, taking care of anyone in the family and doing all :-))))
    You are one of a kind
    Love you dear – Aamzing cupcakes !!!
    Kisses Yafit

Gail B says:

Yummmmmmm!!!! I may have to make these this weekend!

Jacqueline says:

Oh, wow, the boys sure are growing up! I can’t believe how quickly time flies. These cupcakaes look so yummy especially the interior of the cupcake with the cookie exposed. Love the measuring spoons I have some similar ones and they are my favs.

Most tempting cupcakes I’ve ever seen! But those boys! Priceless! Loved the pics!!

Tracy says:

So cute! Love them!

Whitney says:

Could I do this as a cake?? We are doing decade cakes for my dad’s 60th (making up for the cakes he claims he never gets!) and I have to make the 90s and 2000s and he would LOVE this flavor – but it has to be a cake :-( do you think it will work?

Yes, I think it would work just fine. I would use 2 9inch pans. I would do 1 layers in each pan of oreos and fluff ending with cake batter on top of each pan:) Let me know how it turns out!!

Mandy says:

What fabulous cupcakes and you have THE MOST adorable helper!! :)

Aunt Kendra says:

Happy Birthday Mason!!

You made a great cupcake!

Aww….what cute little helpers! Those cupcakes look fabulous! LOVE the idea of adding marshmallow cream to the batter! Genius!

Amnesia – World of Seeds…

I found your entry interesting thus I’ve added a Trackback to it on my weblog :)…

Lauren says:

These look absolutely delicious! I’ll bet they’d be fabulous with a peanut butter flavored cupcake, too… mmm oreos slathered in peanut butter!

Happy Birthday to little Mason. Great job on the cupcakes, I’ll bet he was so happy with them….what a lucky kid to have you for a mom. We visited Oceanside this weekend, you’ll have to checkout my blog for pics. We were there for a total of like 22 hours plus had car trouble, but it was still fun hitting the beach…you are livin’ the dream. :D

Renee says:

These look amazing and I think my boyfriend would LOVE them! He hates cream cheese though. Do you think the recipe would be ok without the cream cheese and a regualr vanilla frosting?
    Let me know! I am hoping to make them tonight! Thanks!

Absolutely! Use any frosting you’d like. Vanilla would be great :) I’ve used a simple vanilla frosting where you beat softened butter with powdered sugar and a touch of vanilla until smooth and creamy. It’s really easy and delicious!!