Aug
2010

Honeyed Apple Peanut Butter Tart

Tags: , , , , ,

Desserts

Simple recipes make me so happy, that’s just how recipes should be right?  Feast your eyes on my latest quick and simple dessert….. Honeyed Apple Peanut Butter Tart.  This is another play on one of our favorite snacks….apples and peanut butter.  How could that fabulous combo not be completely delicious layered nicely over butter pastry dough?

Looking forward to hearing how you guys like this one, take a peek!!

Here is your simple line up of ingredients….please note that I ended up using 2 apples and some powdered sugar to dust over the finished recipe :)

Lay out your puff pastry onto a nice baking sheet.

Peanut butter and honey time!

Spread peanut butter mixture over each square of pastry.

Slice your beautiful apples…

…..and layer them over the peanut butter.

Drizzle warm honey over your apples….

sprinkle with sugar and it’s time to bake!

Ahhhh, gorgeous…..and it was delish too!

Honeyed Apple Peanut Butter Tart

1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed

heaping 1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter

2 Tablespoons honey, warmed plus 4 Tablespoons for drizzling

2 apples of choice, sliced thinly

2 Tablespoons granulated sugar

Powdered sugar for dusting

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Slice puff pastry dough into 3 equal size rectangles and place onto a silpat lined baking sheet.  Warm peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl until liquid like.  Drizzle in 2 Tablespoons of honey, stir then spread evenly over 3 pastry rectangles leaving 1/2 inch border around edges.  Layer apple slices neatly over top of peanut butter, drizzle with warm honey, sprinkle with sugar then bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned and puffed around the edges.  Let cool completely then drizzle with additional warm honey if desired and powdered sugar.  Serve as whole tarts or cut each tart into fourths.

3 full tarts or 12 slices

_________________________________________

Have a great new week, see you soon!

Comments

Laura says:

YUM!!!!!!!!!!

Heather says:

Looks amazing Jenny! Wish I had one of these now.

This looks so delicious and easy! And I LOVE apple and peanut butter together.

Shannon says:

Wow!! That looks easy AND delicious!!!!

alison says:

So easy and so delicious with all of my favorite ingredients!

An American friend and I were trying to explain to our English men the appeal (heh) of apples and peanut butter. They didn’t get it. Methinks, should this be put in front of them, they would no longer question the beautiful deliciousness of such a pair. Mmmm. Thanks for sharing!

ThatsSoYummy says:

These look so delicious, I could go for one right now! YUM!

-Tasha

Love this flavor combination!

Lauren says:

Yum! This looks insanely good! PB and apples are an amazing combo =).. I just had them in my oatmeal this morning, even!

Erin says:

Who doesn’t love apples and peanut butter!? Looks great but this is a horribly sad reminder that I go back to work in 2 days. But looking forward to fall cooking!

Jenny…another exciting recipe I can not wait to try. I swear you need to write a cookbook so I can have all your recipes in one spot instead of printing them every time (wink).

Emily Rose says:

whoa, this looks so good and dangerously easy to make…as in I might have to pick the ingredients for it up tonight… yum!

We ADORE simple recipes…and apples & peanut butter!? With honey!? Pulling out the puff pastry now…this looks amazing!

Tracy says:

Oooh, I will definitely have to try this with SunButter. Yum!!

LOVE this recipe! It is so fall-like and rustic looking. You can’t go wrong with apples and peanut butter :)

Michelle says:

WOW…so simple and I bet they were delicious too and so perfect for fall!

These tarts are absolutely beautiful! The flavor combination sounds so delicious!

Absolutely genius! Apples and peanut butter are such a great combination, and then you throw in puff pastry… amazing!

Apple season is just kicking off, and this looks perfect! It would be great for a fall gathering too…the perfect potluck appetizer.

Jennifurla says:

HOLY CRAP!!! want, this is on my list for this weekend for sure.

Michele says:

I love this recipe! This looks so easy, elegant and delicious! I can’t wait to make it. :-)

eatingRD says:

such a great idea!! this is my kind of dessert with all that peanut butter :)

Jamie says:

Looks amazing! What an easy tart to put together.

Sues says:

Peanut butter and apples is my very favorite snack combination. Put it on puff pastry with sugar on top? Yes, please!

marissa says:

wow and I have ALL of those things in my house, so I’m gonna bake these tomorrow for my son’s first day of preschool :) THANKS!

Farouk says:

Posted on Wonderful to be visiting your site again, it has been seevral weeks for me. Well it that ie28099ve been anxiously waited for so long. I must have that article to perform my assignment inside the college, and it has identical topic with your write-up. Thanks, perfect discuss.

Marie says:

Stop it!!! That looks to die for and SOOOOOO easy! I’m headed to the store today and will be picking up some puff pastry!! Thanks!

Sarah says:

Thanks!! I have to make an “apple themed” dessert for church tonight and I just so happen to have all these ingredients on hand. Can’t wait to try it!!!

Angie says:

These look amazing too! I love peanut butter so much, it’s my downfall, especially since I discovered ark chocolate peanut butter

wow, i definitely need to try these!

Jenny, this is a fun twist on your dessert menu. Love it! These tarts are very elegant & I like how simple they are. I could live inside a jar of peanut butter…really I could! xo

These look so amazing and really simple! I think I’ve found one of my holiday recipes that I’m going to use this year!

This is my first time visiting your blog and I have to say that this will definitely not be my last time!

Meredith says:

Oh my gosh, this look delicious! And so beautiful! Your photographs are gorgeous.
    I’ve recently launched my own blog, I’d love for you to check it out and let me know what you think :) http://www.prettygoodfood.com
    Thanks, and Happy Cooking!!!

Jason says:

Great looking tart! I love the pictorial display!

Megan says:

What a cool tart, perfect for Fall!

Um… YUM!! Apple and peanut butter is one of my favorite combos!

Wow! This looks incredible. I would eat this for breakfast too.

love that it’s so simple and yet so impressive looking! bookmarking this to make this fall! :)

[...] oh, oh! This Honey Apple Peanut Butter Tart by Picky Palate couldn’t be more inviting (pictured above). Other than a quick trip to the [...]

Marisa says:

So simple! Great idea.

What a delicious and fun idea!

Those look To.Die.For. Yum!

This is a fantastic idea! What a treat this would be for my kids after school.

[...] Honeyed Apple Peanut Butter Tart (Picky Palate) Apples and peanut butter are a classic snack. Throw in puff pastry and honey, and holy wow, amazing! [...]

Lauren says:

Just made these tonight!! Soooooo delicious. I used Granny smith and the tart apple pairs great with the sweet honey.

Thanks for the awesome recipe!

[...] Jenny presents Honeyed Apple Peanut Butter Tart [...]

Great looking tart! What a great delicious taste !!!!!!!!!!

shapewear says:

I made one of these a whila ago and they were to die for. Thanks for this sweet share.

[...] …and her Honeyed Apple Peanut Butter Tart… [...]

Looks sooo yummy! Will give it a shot soon! Thanks for posting!