Sep
2010

Reeses Puffs Crunch Monster Eyeballs

Tags: , , ,

Desserts

Halloween is such a great holiday with the kids, especially with 2 little boys in the house.  They LOVE everything creepy and crawly :)  Sheesh, we’ve had our Halloween costumes picked out for a couple weeks now.

I was thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Bettycrocker.com again this year for another goulish treat using their cereal.  It will be on their website soon.  This is my creation for a fun, kid friendly Halloween recipe…..Reeses Puffs Crunch Monster Eyeballs!

I think the boys and I gobbled these up the same day we made them, wait until you sink your teeth into these babies!  YUM about sums it up.  Take a peek and enjoy :)

Here’s your line up :)

I think my kids could eat this entire box in one sitting if I let them!

Mix up your ingredients….

….now time to roll into the “monster’s eyeball.”

Melt your chocolate and give the eyeballs a little dip :)

Use M&M’s for the eye and you are in business :)

How cute are these?

Reeses Puffs Crunch Monster Eyeballs

3/4 Cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1 Cup Reeses Peanut Butter Puff Cereal, crushed

1 cup chopped chocolate
1 small bag candy coated chocolate pieces (M&M’s)

1.  Place peanut butter, powdered sugar and cereal into a large bowl.  Mix until dough forms.  Take 1 Tablespoon pieces and roll into balls.  Freeze for 15 minutes.

2.  Melt chocolate in a double broiler until smooth.  Using a toothpick or skewer dip peanut butter balls into chocolate leaving top centers open.  Let chocolate harden then place candy coated chocolate pieces in center of opening to form the eye.  Serve chilled or room temperature.

yield:  14 monster eyeballs

______________________________________

Have a spooktacular new week :)  See you soon!

Comments

LOVE these – they’re so cute!

i am making these for my nephews when we see them in october…they’ll freak out and love them!

These look great! I could eat an entire box of that cereal too!

These eyeballs are such a great idea! I bet your little guys were giggling the whole time they ate them :) xo

Heather says:

These are so cute Jenny! I bet your boys loved these!
    The girls and I love Halloween too and we spent some time in the kitchen making some fun Halloween treats this weekend. So fun!
    Good luck in NYC!! :)

These are adorable! Have fun in NYC!!! Can’t wait to see what you’re up to :)

What a fun treat for the kiddos!

My son would totally love these. Peanut Butter + Chocolate + Eyeballs = a little boy’s dream food.

Love it!!

These made me laugh out loud! What a fun idea. Kids will LOVE these.

Amy says:

Great Recipe! Looking at them, maybe a little dot of black food coloring in the middle or a dot with one of those edible markers would really make these stand out!

Jamie says:

Absolutely adorable and fun! Halloween is so much fun. My daughters are 13 and they STILL love Halloween. Thanks for another fun creative idea.

Michelle says:

So cute and I know the kids just loved ‘em!

These are adorably creepy :)

Tracy says:

So cute and fun!

holly says:

These monster eyeballs are stinkin CUTE!!!

Aubri says:

That is my favorite cereal! We are going to love these!

Susan says:

Really cute, Jenny! Wish I had your creativity!

So cute! My grandson will love these!

Sadie says:

Jenny, these look like so much fun. I absolutely love making fun Halloween treats with my kids. I don’t comment a lot but I’ve been an avid follower since you first started blogging. I have really enjoyed seeing how much you’ve grown. Look at you now, you’re famous!! Keep up the great work!

Very creative, I bet they taste a lot like buckeyes!

Tessa says:

These look like a fun Halloween treat even for us big kids. I think I could eat a whole box of that cereal if you let me too =)

Eliana says:

These are so fun and creative. I absolutely love them!

Lisa says:

So cute! Putting them on my Halloween todo list.

Shannon abdollmohammadi says:

These are so cute…I will make these for my sons class for Halloween.

You always come up with the cutest ideas for kids. My boys would get a huge kick out of these!

Kylie says:

these are so cute! and i LOVE Reese’s Puffs cereal so I know they will taste amazing, as well.

Brooke says:

Oh, you clever girl! Loving the idea, and the flavor combo. Yumma, yumma, yumma!

LimeCake says:

eyeballs never looked so good! you simply can’t go wrong with pb and chocolate

Mandy says:

Oh my goodness, Jenny, I think we share a brain…except you have the best half.:)

Sunny B says:

These are adoreable! Thank you for sharing

Sues says:

What an awesome Halloween idea!! They look delicious too! I can’t believe it’s already Halloween time…

Ashlee says:

I love this recipe.. Anything with peanut butter!!!
    Ashlee

I “see” these in our future!!

Grace says:

Hey Jenny

These are so adorable. It’ll be a great treat to make when my great nieces are visiting. We usually pick something delectable to make together and these will be a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing!

These look awesome! I wish I could eat one right now. So clever. Did you create this on your own? I love your Halloween ideas!

These are the cutest (or should I say spookiest…?) little things! I love them!

Amanda says:

These are really cute Jen, love them!

Diane says:

Fun treat! Love them :)

Deann says:

we tried these today…yum! the kids loved them! I think I’ll make them smaller next time, with mini M&Ms. then the kids can eat more. LOL

Unquestionably consider that that you said. Your favourite justification appeared to be on the internet the easiest factor to bear in mind of. I say to you, I certainly get irked at the same time as folks think about issues that they just do not realize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as smartly as defined out the whole thing with no need side effect , other folks can take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

Nyree says:

i used Halloween black sixlets for eyes.
    thanks for this recipe

Maddie Kelly says:

This looks so delicious! Such a good recipe for Halloween! Good luck with your blog!

Ceri says:

I’ve made some substitutions – creamy peanut butter, organic panda peanut butter cereal and white chocolate with the sixlet eyes – pretty tasty.

I am actually thankful to thhe holder of this website who has shared this great post at here.