Oct
2010

Fudgy Graveyard Brownies

Tags: , , ,

Desserts

Let the Halloween recipes continue.  I could make these treats all year long they are so much fun and bring a smile to everyone’s faces :)  No fuss here, just some very basic ingredients.  Grab yourself a trusty brownie mix, some Milano Cookies, Oreos, Candy Corn and melted chocolate chips.  With that, you can create these great brownies that will bring a crowd.

Enjoy!

Please go put a vote in for Picky Palate for the BH&G Cook-off, I would really appreciate it, thanks friends!!

Fudgy Graveyard Brownies

1  Brownie Mix, 8×8 size

6 Milano Cookies (for grave)

5 Oreo Cookies, crushed

6 Pumpkin candy corns and 6 normal candy corns

1 Cup melted chocolate for frosting and piping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Bake brownies in an 8×8 inch pan lined with foil, sprayed with cooking spray.  Let cool completely then cut into 6 rectangles.

Frost with melted chocolate reserving 2 Tablespoons for piping the cookies.  Pipe RIP onto the Milano Cookies then press into the back of each brownie.  Top with a candy corn pumpkin and candy corn.  Sprinkle with crushed Oreos for the “dirt.”  Serve :)

6 Graveyard Brownies

_________________________________

Hey guys, I was also chosen as a BlogHer Compensated LG TextED  Ambassador.  The focus of the program is to help educate parents about texting and ways to combat negative behaviors like bullying, gossip and inappropriate content being shared.  This weeks topic is “Setting ground Rules for your Teens Mobile Phone Use.”  Every comment left on our posts donates $.50 donation to DoSomething.org.  Come see all the bloggers involved and comment to donate :) Thanks!  I know I don’t have teens yet that text, but boy when I do…..I plan on setting ground rules for my boys when they are lucky enough to get a phone out of me :) How about you?

____________________________________

Have a great rest of your week and weekend!

Did you vote for Picky Palate today?  Go HERE!  Thanks!

Comments

Lisa says:

These are too cute. I can just imagine kids going crazy for them.

Brittany C. says:

super cute!

so cute and fun! and tasty looking:-)

i love the Oreo dirt…that’s the perfect touch!

These are such cute and creative Halloween treats! I love how you dream this stuff up. My kids would be all over these. The mini pumpkins & Oreo dirt are hilarious!

Penelope says:

Cute idea!

I’ve been voting for you every day…best of luck!!

Celeste says:

Oh, these are so adorable! I love the crushed oreo idea for the graveyard dirt. :)

Good idea to use the Milano cookies for the gravestones! Love it!

Becki D. says:

Awesome, Jenny!!! Love the Milanos as headstones – great idea!

Eliana says:

These are too cute girl! I could seriously enjoy them all year round too.

Jennifer says:

I just bookmarked this (EASY!!!) recipe and then I went to vote for you!

Lorri says:

Those are really cute! Definitely something my 15 year old daughter will want to try. She is just finding her baking innerself.

Kate says:

So stinkin cute!!! Going to make these for work!

Crystal says:

These are soooo cute!!! Thanks for sharing!!

vanillasugar says:

who gets to eat these? lol
    looking fab girl.

B Smith says:

Well, I DO have teens and I will tell you this…..start NOW, by NOT texting and driving. Then….they will not be as tempted. WE, as parents, set the example.

What a fun treat! These would be fun to take to my kids at school for a halloween treat!

delicieux says:

So cute and fun!!! I can see any kid loving these.

Debbie says:

These are so adorable and I love the milano cookie in there!

Tracy says:

So fun! I made these last year and they were great!

What a great idea! These brownies are so festive and perfect for Halloween!

Mads says:

These are adorable! My cousin loves cooking things and making them look like animals/scenes/faces, this will be perfect for her!

Susan says:

these are so fun – I can’t wait to try!

I will def be trying these this year, my 3 yo daughter will get a kick out of helping make these! Thanks for the idea!

I love how you use box brownie mixes. i like them WAY better than brownies form scratch. is that bad? i’d like to think, no. :)

Krista says:

So creative! Love this idea. These may just have to make an appearance at our house this Halloween season. Thank you!

Kelly says:

These are so creative! Love it!

Jamie says:

These are super duper cute and my girls would have a blast making these. Perfect for a Halloween party or to share with friends. I will definitely make these with my girls before Halloween. Thanks Jenny!

Brownie says:

Looks like the fun treat for adults and the kids alike!

These are so cute, Jenny! Your kids must have been so excited.

Lauren says:

Super cute and so easy! These have to be two of my most favorite qualities of good Halloween Recipes. I think for most moms this is the time of year where creativity really comes into play from your kids costumes to the food you contribute the the class Halloween party. I work with Better Recipes so I am always reviewing recipes but Halloween recipes have to be my favorite. I love combines different ideas and recipes to come up with some really fun ideas for my kids. I will definitely be using this recipe that Milano cookie was such a great idea!

I featured these on my Fall Friday post! Thanks for sharing such creative treats! http://chicagocuisinecritique.blogspot.com/2010/10/fall-friday_22.html

[...] are these Graveyard Brownies by another super creative foodie Jenny from Picky Palate.  She is constantly amazing me with what [...]

Adorable! Definitely booking this page for this Halloween!!

[...] + Milano cookies + Oreo cookies = my new favorite dessert! I found these on the Picky-Palate.com - super easy and look [...]

[...] Fudgy Graveyard Brownies (Picky Palate) [...]

Hannah says:

I just made these today for a Halloween party and I’ve gotten so many compliments! I get so excited to try your recipes- they never fail. Thank you!

[...] to make crafts and create Halloween type treats with my children. So, today I attempted to make these graveyard brownies with my daughter. Usually, when I attempt these type of things, it doesn’t end well. There [...]

[...] Fudgy Graveyard Brownies (Picky Palate) [...]

[...] Fudgy Graveyard Brownies (Picky Palate) [...]

4virtu says:

Happy Tasty Tuesday! We love this recipe and it is featured on our Happy Halloween Recipes! THANKS!

[...] fun and festive are my Fudgy Graveyard Brownies?!  You need just a simple brownie mix, some crushed Oreo Cookies, fun candy corn pieces and a [...]

Every year I tell myself that I’m going to make Graveyard Brownies for Halloween and I never do. I WILL do this next year!

[…] to make crafts and create Halloween type treats with my children. So, today I attempted to make these graveyard brownies I saw a Picky-Palate with my […]