Oct
2010

Pumpkin White Chocolate Chunk and Candied Ginger Blondies

Tags: , , , , , ,

Desserts

These pumpkin blondies might be one of the best pumpkin goodies I have ever had!  Not even kidding.  The trick is, they need to be chilled.  They become kind of chewy and totally fabulous with the little bits of white chocolate and candied ginger throughout.

Guess what?  No mixer needed, just grab your favorite bowl and you are good to go.  Quick easy, and minimal clean up :)

Just got back from BlogHer Food in San Francisco yesterday.  I was nuts and stayed up way too late downloading and editing all my pics from the trip.  See what our weekend was like at the BlogHer Food Conference and all of my pics HERE.

You’ll melt your butter until nice and hot then add some white chips to melt.

Add sugar, flour….

….baking powder and salt.

…whisk 2 eggs with a little sour cream then add to the bowl!

Mmmm, the pumpkin!

Add your pumpkin :)

…don’t forget more white chips!

……and a little cinnamon and grated nutmeg!

Pour into a nice 8×8 inch baking pan lined with foil for easy removal :)

Almost ready to bake!

The candied/crystalized ginger makes the recipe, do find some!

Bake 350 degrees F. for 28-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center.

Chill, drizzle and mmmmmm!

Pumpkin White Chocolate Chunk and

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg

pinch of kosher salt

1/4 Cup chopped crystallized/candied ginger

1/2 Cup powdered sugar

4-5 Tablespoons heavy cream

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Melt butter in a microwave safe dish until melted and hot.  Pour in chocolate chips, let sit for a minute then stir until melted.  Set aside.  In a large bowl add sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and white chips. Stir in melted chocolate.  Beat eggs and sour cream into a small bowl, then mix into main bowl.  Stir in pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until just combined then pour into a foil lined 8×8 inch baking pan that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.  Top with 1/4 Cup chopped candied ginger.  Bake for 28-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center.  Let cool completely, cut into squares then refrigerate (so much better chilled, trust me on this one :)

2.  Mix heavy cream and powdered sugar in small bowl until smooth, drizzle over blondies just before serving.

9 blondies

_______________________________

Have a great new week!  Come back soon!

Come vote for Picky Palate today, thanks a million!  Click HERE.

Comments

Beth says:

OH. MY. GOD.

I’ve been looking for the IT-pumpkin recipe I’ll be using this year and I think I found it. Last year I tried to make white chocolate chip pumpkin oatmeal cookies and they were a yummy combination.

I can’t wait to try these!

Would this recipe work in a pretty pumpkin bundt pan? I found the most darling mini ones today!

Hi Beth,
      If you have the mini bundts I think this recipe would be perfect for it. I don’t think it would work in the large bundt, maybe if you doubled the recipe :) Happy baking!

This looks absolutely fabulous!

I don’t think I could wait for them to be chilled! I am really bad about letting things even cool before I try them. White chocolate chips and pumpkin is not something I would have thought of putting together. Looks great, thanks!

YUM!! So perfect for fall!

Wow! This look fabulous! I love blondies!

Natalie Simons says:

Jenny,
    As always this looks amazing! I love ALL of them….but have to limit your goody recipes…as I eat them all within a few days! Anyway, was watching The Today Show, my fav, and saw that they are holding a cooking contest for Thanksgiving/Fall. ENTER!! Your cooking, beauty, and personality would be PERFECT for the Today Show!!!

Natalie

How are you Natalie?! I was just thinking about you the other day as I joined this crazy pilates studio down the street from me in Newport. It’s certainly not traditional pilates, but what a crazy workout. If you are ever in Newport, you should totally check it out: http://www.pilatesplusnewportbeach.com/

Thanks for the Today show recommendation, I’ll have to check it out :) Hope you are doing well! xoxo

These look so great!! I stocked up on pumpkin awhile back (I wasn’t sure if the pumpkin shortage was true or a myth and I didn’t want to take any chances) so I really need to get baking up some pumpkin recipes.

Have a fabulous Monday!!

Jamie says:

Now who could resist this…pumpkin and white chocolate….yum!

No mixer needed & pumpkin – Perfect! These blondies look amazing! Love that swirly fork too. Need to go check out your BlogHer Food pics. So glad to spend so much time with you this weekend! xo

i think i just died when i read this…holy yum! these are perfect for fall, and i LOVE blondies!

Love these! I will try these for sure! Great fall treat!

I love the ginger in there!

kelley blake says:

oh my goodness gracious! this looks delicious! i can’t wait to try this recipe out! it’s a wonderful twist on pumpkin :)

Jennifurla says:

OH WOW, gorgeous pictures – How can I resist?

Jill McAfee says:

How much ginger for the pumplin ginger blondies… can you get candied ginger at the super market?

Love your blog!

Jill

Hi Jill,
      Thank you for catching that! I just edited the recipe for you. McCormicks has crystalized ginger otherwise I would check your health food stores like whole foods, srouts, trader joes type of places :)

vanillasugar says:

wow! that little cake has so much flavor packed in it. nice combo. love it.

Love this one! Where do you get those cute forks?!

Becky O. says:

Okay, these look so perfect for fall. Love that you used candied ginger.

Maneesha says:

These look great am going to make them today.

Tracy says:

I made pumpkin blondies with white chocolate chips last year, and they were sooo good. Love your addition of ginger!

Sara says:

Oh my, these look awesome! I need to start baking with pumpkin and this looks like a great recipe to start with.

Joanne says:

Pinch me I’m dreaming. No seriously. I’m pretty sure I dreamt about these last night. Amazing.

I’m on a huge pumpkin kick right now…I love this recipe!

Michelle says:

I know you had a great time at Blogher, I was following your tweets! Thanks so much for letting us know the highlights of the lectures! I learned so much!!

Your Blondie Bars looks so moist and delicious!

Rebecca says:

This is so good! Is there a way to print this out for using in the kitchen?

Thank you!

These look fabulous Jenny! I love the addition of white chocolate and candied ginger.

maggie says:

These look awesome! I made pumpkin blondies recently, but these look MUCH more delicious. I love the addition of candied ginger!

Just discovered this post via a link from The Messy Apron – I am totally sold on these pumpkin blondies (with the addition of white chocolate & candied giner, what’s not to love), and now I’m sold on your blog. Can’t wait to read more.
    Sue

Great photo of pumpkin puree being poured into the bowl. White chocolate & crystallized ginger are a brilliant combination!

Cyndy says:

These look awesome, I just know they’re going to be great.

Thanks for the eye candy Jenny.

voted for you too

Raedell says:

These look so good…I checked and at 10:00 pm I had all the ingredients in the cupboard…they are in the oven now. The secretaries at my school will be so gratful to you tomorrow!

sandy says:

tried this recipe tonight, and everyone loves it! thank you!!
    and love your blog!!

Lisa says:

Oh WOW!! These look so good! I’ve been starting a little collection of pumpkin recipes I want to try this Fall and this on is at the TOP of my list!!

Damaris says:

shut up! This is too much!

I seriously want to make these right now.

Yafit says:

Dearest Jenny ,
    ALTOUGH I DONT LIKE PUMPKIN YOU MADE THE DIFFERENT – AND OPPPPSSSS I LIKE IT VERY MUCH !!!
    IT LOOKS GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!
    AND IM GOING TO MAKE IT TOO :-)))
    HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!
    YAFIT FROM ISREAL

These are calling to me! But do you think I could put chocolate chips instead of white chocolate chips? YUM!

Angie says:

I love these, they look so good, what a great pumpkin recipe, yummy!

Hi Jenny! I’m so glad I met you and got to discover your amazing site from the BlogHer food conference!!
    Seriously! Jenny! I’ve seen so many wonderful blogs, but I’m Utterly inspired by your’s because I really don’t have the foggiest what to do in the kitchen (I Eat desserts, I don’t really Make them!)… and I’m getting married next year! We’re about to do all the registry and I really want to be the wonderful mom to my children that mine was to me (as in, the mom that cooks!). Reading your story about how you taught yourself at such a late stage in the game makes me think that I can do it too. Additionally, you have wonderful photos with step by step instructions. Amazing!!! And finally, you spell your name the same way as I do.. I mean, how can I NOT love your site ;-)

This is now my top site to consult for those daring days that I decide to cook!!!!

xo

Jenny
    The Dessert Darling~

Sues says:

This is a dream to me! If only I had white chocolate chips in my kitchen, I’d be good to go on making these… Must make immediately! :)

These look delicious! I love your photography… you must have been paying attention in the BlogHer session when they said blue is opposite of orange. It looks beautiful!

Melissa says:

You had me at pumpkin and white chocolate, but add in candied ginger? Genius! I can’t wait to try these!

Ashlee says:

These are amazing. I cannot wait until our next small group at our house so I can serve these. I know they will be a hit. This time of year is great because I feel as if I can put pumpkin in everything. Just the other day I made a Pumpkin Green Monster smoothie. It was amazing. http://ashandlewplus2.com/2010/09/27/pumpkin-green-monster/
    Have a great day
    Ashlee

Bridgett says:

These must have been incredible. I am all for anything pumpkin flavored. Off to vote for you on the BHG site. Good luck to you!

Marmee says:

Seriously? My thighs are rubbing together just reading this. I’m a foodie through and through! And yes, even thought my jeans are burstin’ at the seams (all that fall cooking) I will certainly give it a sampling.

[...] (spaghetti pie anyone?) but I ain’t mad, keeps things interesting. When this recipe for Pumpkin White Choc Chunk and Candied Ginger Blondies came up in my Google Reader I near licked my screen. LOOK AT [...]

Jason says:

Great looking blondies! Like the combination of pumpkin, white chocolate, and candied ginger.

boom says:

We loved this so much we wrote about it :) http://www.teamduchess.com/?p=796

Megan says:

This recipe intriques me with the candied ginger. I must try it! :)
    It was so nice to meet you at Blogher!

Amanda says:

Those are beautiful jenny :)

Sheryl says:

Where can you find the ginger mentioned in this recipe? Am also interested in your favs from Trader Joes? I just discovered this store a few months ago!! OH MY!!