Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Oct
2010

Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Caramel Club Bars

Tags: , , , ,

Desserts

Say it with me….These are rich and fabulous!  Yes, friends this dessert will send your sweet tastebuds through the roof, but wow what a treat.  These are great for any party and have that awesome sweet and salty combination going on.

One tip to remember:  You must use unsalted butter for this recipe, if you don’t they will be too salty :)

I am off to Des Moins, IA for the Better Homes and Garden Cook-Off this week.  Should be a fun little trip.  You know I’ll take lots of pictures to share, hope you enjoy today’s sweet post!  Oh and there’s only 5 ingredients, woohoo!!

Line-up!

Here are your club crackers.  Line them up in 3 rows of 5 in the bottom of an 8×8 inch pan.

Sprinkle peanut butter chips over crackers.

Time to make the caramel, really simple here.

Melt your butter and brown sugar for 4 minutes stirring constantly until you get a bubbly smooth and creamy caramel.

Like this :)

….and drizzle hot caramel over top.  Do this step 1 more time…crackers, pb chips and caramel.

Top layer should be crackers on top then spread with melted chocolate chips!  Let cool and….

These bad boys will be waiting for you!  Enjoy :)

Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Caramel Club Bars

45 Club Crackers

2 sticks butter

1 Cup packed light brown sugar

1  Cup peanut butter chips

1 1/2 Cups chocolate chips, melted either on double broiler or in microwave

1.  Place 15 club crackers in the bottom of an 8×8 inch square baking pan that’s been lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.  Sprinkle 1/2 Cup peanut butter chips on crackers.

2.  Melt butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium high heat stirring constantly for 4 minutes, until bubbly, smooth and creamy caramel forms.  Pour 1/2 Cup or so of caramel over peanut butter chips then add another layer of crackers, peanut butter chips and caramel.  Top with one final layer of crackers then spread with melted chocolate.

15 bars

_________________________________

Have a great new week, see you soon!

Comments

Lisa says:

Oh, this sounds incredible. If only I had all those ingredients right now.

sibylle says:

they look fantastic!!!

mmmm…. sweet and salty is my favorite!

What a cute idea. And sinful too… they look delicious!

these look amazing…. and SO easy!!

Say WHAT?! How did you manage to create something that has all of my pregnancy cravings rolled into one delicious treat? AND… these are all ingredients that I can find where we live in the Middle East. I am marching (read: waddling) down to the kitchen right now.

Arab American says:

i live in the middle east and theres no way im going 2 b able 2 find peanut butter chips :(

• Rita says:

Go to culinaryadventuresinthekitchen.com/2012/2/24/peanut-butter-chips — I would add butter so you wouldnt have to keep them in the freezer. I dont know how much. You’ll have to experiment to see how much butter to use.

These sound so delish!!! Another addiction added to my favorite Bakers to make list!!!! You are my fav!!!!! And your the BEST!!!!

These look SO good, and simple to make! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Yum, yum, yum!! Almost reminds me of a Little Debbie Nutty Bar. Only better.

What a fun bar to make and eat:)

Delicious and easy with a lot of chocolate – that’s a perfect combination for me!

What club do I need to be a part of to enjoy these bars?? These look amazing – love the crunch with the creamy for texture. Best of luck on your trip to Des Moines, can’t wait to hear all about it. xxoo

Those sound amazing- I love the sweet and salty combo!

I love sweet n salty desserts, and actually made Ritz cracker stacks awhile back – delicious!

Alright, Jenny, my guys will absolutely love these. Those are my youngest’s favorite crackers, so we always have those in the house. I think I can whip up a batch today in fact.

Ooh! I make these, but it’s a toffee based one–kinda like a Heath Bar. I’ve never tried to make it double decker like yours though, and that just makes it look even better!

How cute! You’re so great with finding simple things to put together. Yumm!

Susan says:

Jenny! Are you trying to kill me? These look so good!

Oh my! These looks absolutely fantastic! Good luck in the cook-off – I’ll be thinking of you.

i guess i’m just wondering why these aren’t in my belly yet?! :)

Oh my goodness…this is definitely a must try for me. This is my ultimate favorite flavor combo and I’m in love with this recipe!

Amanda :) says:

Everything I love is in this recipe. Can’t wait to try ‘em! :)

Brittany C. says:

Oh Jenny these look awesome! Good thing I don’t have any club crackers on hand otherwise I’d be too tempted to make these right now, which ordinarily wouldn’t be too big a deal, but with my HS reunion in a few days, it would be not so good. Gotta look good for that! :)

QueenMother says:

This is unreal! I am soooo gonna be making this for some function, maybe tailgating or whatever! Congratulations on sabotaging whatever shred of self-control I might have had today!

Those are just beautiful…simply beautiful! I love this idea.

Those club crackers in there were a neat surprise! Great recipe.

ShawnsPlate says:

I’m glad that I worked out today…500 calories just looking a these:) I can’t wait to try them.

HeatherB says:

Oh WOW! This is crazy…My family and I just ate brunch yesterday at Liberty Market in Gilbert,AZ and I saw this “salt river bar” in the pastry display and had to try it. It was to die for and I vowed to figure out how to make it…fast forward 1 day and you have it!! I’m so excited to try this:) Thank you thank you!

Oh gosh Jenny, these look outstanding! Would love to experiment with graham crackers in place of club crackers!

Amy says:

Those look delicious! I can’t wait to try them! ;)

These look scary good- I’m sure I’d eat too many of them!

Wow so decadent! Hope you have fun.

Michelle says:

You have the best snack recipes EVER!

holly says:

These look fab!!! Sweet and salty-my favorite combo:)

Amy says:

Mmmm…these look amazingly delicious!

Wow, those look to die for! : )

CookiePie says:

Oooooh – those look amazing!!! Love the sweet and salty combo!!

Tracy says:

These look fabulous! Almost like little chocolate Napoleons. Yum!

Sweet and salty, layered goodness. These look absolutely delicious!

Jennifer says:

As always, your pictures are amazing. These look sooooo yummy. And thanks for the making caramel explanation.

So enjoying your blog. I have made these yummy bars before – think the recipe was called “Kit Kat” bars.

Look forward to learning more from your blog….

Heather says:

Jenny these look fabulous!! The perfect little treat using only a few ingredients. love it! Great pictures too!
    Have a great time in Iowa!! Hopefully it’s not too cold there yet.:)

Lisa says:

I’ve made two of your recipes this week. The pumpkin blondies and the apple gallette. They were both delicious!! Thanks!

Oh my! I really shouldn’t be looking at all the goodies on your blog at midnight! Now I am craving sweets!

Christy says:

Heather-WE LOVE LIBERTY MARKET!!!!! This is close to Salt River Bars. The recipe you are looking for is Kit Kat bars. Google it and it is pretty much exactly the same thing. I did the same thing after trying them…I knew I could find a recipe somewhere. haha
    These sound so go too.

Really love your blog. This is such a great recipe… but one that I will also need to share quickly or I’ll eat it all myself. Looking super forward to being a regular reader!

Omg, Stop it! You are too cute, creative and clever. I love that you specified not to use unsalted butter.. this is always my big conumdrum when I’m baking!

Lisa Green says:

Voted for you!! Def gonna cook up some baked potato soup in those new pots!!

These look like something that would be a huge hit at a Christmas party…bookmarking it to make for sure!

Debbie says:

I made these the other day for our Charity Bake Sale for work (first time)Made two trays. These are great BUT don’t put them in the refrig to cool faster. When you try to cut them they break apart. Chunks were still very good and my co-workers didn’t compalin becasue they got the reject pieces. Decided to leave the other pan whole and the lucky recepient could cut it. Needless to say that sold immediately. Next time I’ll do single layer..would get two pans from one batch and would be easier to cut.