Oct
2010

Gooey Pumpkin Butterscotch Brownies

Tags: , , , , ,

Desserts

I am going to keep this short and sweet today… If you are a fan of butterscotch and pumpkin flavors, you are REALLY going to like these ooey gooey brownies.

Warm, chocolate-y, butterscotch-y and pumkin-y! LOVE these :) You could almost put these in a bowl and eat with a spoon like brownie pudding, that’s how gooey and fabulous they are. Easy easy recipe to whip up when you are in a pinch, love these every once in a while!

Happy baking!

Line up :)

One of the secret ingredients….the butterscotch pudding mix!

Pour in your butterscotch chips….

…..and your pumpkin

…a little cinnamon

Time to mix er’ up :)

Pour in half of your brownie mix…

Pour butterscotch topping over brownies, pour over remaining brownie mix and bake!

Wait until you try these gooey num nums!

Gooey Pumpkin Butterscotch Brownies

1 family size brownie mix

1/4 Cup water

1/2 Cup vegetable oil

2 large eggs

1 bag butterscotch chips

1 small box instant butterscotch pudding mix

1 1/2 Cups canned pumpkin

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 Cup butterscotch ice cream topping

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl mix brownie mix, water, oil, eggs, chips, pudding, pumpkin and cinnamon. Mix until well combined. Pour half of mix into a 11×7 inch baking pan that has been lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Pour 1/2 Cup butterscotch ice cream topping over brownie mix. Pour remaining brownie mix over top and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes mostly clean from center. Let cool for 1 hour before removing from pan and cutting into squares.

12 brownies

____________________________________

Have a great rest of your week and weekend! Come back soon!

Comments

Roasted saigon cinnamon?! I’ve never seen that!

I love that you used the cinnamon we got at BlogHerFood. I think I’ve used half of mine already. Do you think it makes a difference, it sure smells fabulous. What a fun combination of flavors.

Ok of all the pumpkin recipes that have come in front of my face in the last month this one looks just sinful! Good Lawd!

Dinetonite says:

I have never seen this type of dish, but it looks delicious

Ginny says:

Looking yummy! Just voted will keep my fingers crossed.

Megan says:

This recipe really tickles my tastebuds! Sometimes when short on time, I love to use a mix. This looks nice, easy, and delicious! Dont you just love that cinnamon?

so…wow…i got a little hot ‘n’ bothered at that first photo! i think i might make it my desktop background :)

karen says:

just voted….can I vote for these too? Amazing!

Lauren B. says:

I think all brownies should be gooey! Yum.

Those look perfect. I think a nice scoop of vanilla ice-cream would go great with that!

Desi says:

Yum these look fantastic! I have been searching for delish pumpkin recipes and I definitely found one here. I love butterscotch too!

btw… how did you find that template that you typed the recipe on.. it is the note book looking paper and the end of this post. I understand it may be a custom template but how did you go about making it and where did you get it?

Krystle says:

Wow these look heavenly! I think I gained a few pounds just by looking at them!

These look like a great recipe to make with my kids after school! Thanks for sharing!

Betsy says:

These look so good.

Donna says:

This look wonderful! Yum.

These look totally decadent. Again, I love how you have such beautiful step-by-step photos demonstrating the process. How do you do it everyday?!

i’m not normally a fan of butterscotch, but this recipe is causing me to seriously rethink that:-) they look too good not to try!

Emily says:

I am always impressed by your amazing creativity. Those look amazing. WOW!

Damaris says:

what an easy recipe. I love it. Yesterday I made chocolate pudding with pumpkin puree. Instant pudding, 1 cup milk and 1 cup pumpkin puree. So good.

Jennifurla says:

Have I told you I love you?

Angela says:

Oh my goodness, do those look fabulous?!

Oh my goodness! Holy Deliciousness!

Abby says:

I don’t know if I will have the self control to wait the HOUR to let this cool as indicated in your directions!! Tell me, did you do it?? If so you are stronger than I!! They look amazing and I love chocolate, caramel and pumpkin! Heavenly! :)

Marian says:

How much cinnamon do you use?

Liz @ Blog is the New Black says:

Oooooh, these look like a yummy treat.

Rhonda says:

Those look fantastic!

These look gooey-ooey delicious, and I can hardly keep from licking my screen right now! Thanks for sharing!

Joyce says:

There is no amount for cinnamon…how much did you use? I REALLY want to make these…I’m in love with butterscotch anything!!

Ashlee says:

I love the fact that you seem to be able to put pumpkin in everything this fall. I have made a few pumpkin items ( http://ashandlewplus2.com ) but you have really knocked the pumpkin out of it!!!! Thank you for you inspiration. Have a great day..
    Ash & Lew Plus2

Kendra says:

I can’t believe how good these look! So hard not to drool over these things… I keep thinking it’s because I’m 7 months pregnant. But I really think it’s just because I’m in love with sweets. Thanks for the recipe, my husband and 2-yr-old will love it. And, of course, so will me and the baby-to-be.

Michelle says:

Just a note that the Cinnamon & the Butterscoth topping are not on the list of ingredients. Looks yummy!!!

I haven’t ever seen that cinnamon! I bet it is delicious!

Susan says:

Holy crap…you are a genius. Or the devil. One or the other.

Kim in MD says:

Is it bad that that first photo made me want to lick my computer screen? ;-)

vanillasugar says:

i have recently fallen in love with vietnamese cinnamon. have you tried that? so good, i think it’s the same as what you used here.
    i love all these pumpkin recipes cropping up….

Jenny, these gooey pumpkin butterscotch brownies look so yum! I bet they would be great right off the spoon. I think you are back from your adventures?? Can’t wait to hear all the details :) xo

Angie says:

These look so good! I have been making cinnamon toast too almost everyday with that roasted Saigon cinnamon I just found, love it.

Oh goodness me…I need to come camp out at your house for a while – you’ve always got something good going on in your kitchen! YUM!

Gretchen says:

I made these last night and they are delicious!

Wow…..those sounds fantastic!!! And ROASTED cinnamon? Ooo, I’m going to be on the lookout for that! Thanks!

I just bought the same cinnamom yesterday – yum!

Robyn says:

These look perfectly ooey, gooey and yummy!

Anne says:

Just a note for anyone trying this, do NOT use a stand mixer, the texture was bad after incorporating all the air. Also, the butterscotch chips seemed to disappear. :( For those of you that don’t like pumpkin, my taste testers couldn’t pick up the flavor (nor could I) so you’re safe.

Kristen says:

this looks great, I’m bookmarking to try them out

Ann Brown says:

I just made these last night for a recipe group I’m in. Common ingredient this month is Pumpkin. I thought, “this is a risky combination, there is NO WAY this will taste good.” But I was wrong, it tastes wondeful! But they are soooooooo bad for you! Jenny, how do you bake all of this stuff and stay small? Do you run a million miles a day?

Alyson says:

Could these be made in a 9 x 13 pan? Would the cooking time need to be adjusted??

Amanda says:

I made these over the weekend and the pumpkin taste is more prevalent when they are hot out of the oven. However, even when cool, the cinnamon and butterscotch are subtly tasty. These are great and gooey and I ended up microwaving them and topping with vanilla ice cream…yum!

Krisin says:

I made these, and they’re delicious. One suggestion, though – make sure not to overfill the pan, and don’t put any butterscotch ice cream topping around the edges. My batter filled my pan up almost all the way, and the butterscotch ice cream topping seeped up the sides, bubbled over onto the bottom of my oven, set off all my smoke alarms, and made the edges all hard. But aside from that, they’re delicious.

[...] Gooey Pumpkin Butterscotch Brownies [...]

[...] recipe from I Heart Nap TimePumpkin toffee cookies with caramel glaze from Two Peas and their PodPumpkin butterscotch brownies from Picky PalatePumpkin streusel pudding cookies from Chef In TrainingĀ Are you a pumpkin lover? [...]