Nov
2010

Peanut Butter Cookie and Cream Cheese “Candy” Bars

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cookies

Raise your hand if you’ve got Halloween candy leftover?  Well, we do!  I had to do something with it, so…..I baked.  Shocker right?  :)

Wait until you try these gooey (if you are impatient like me to wait for them to cool) peanut buttery, cream cheesy fabulous cookie bars.  Another quick and simple recipe to put together with a mighty tasty outcome, go unwrap those chocolate bars and bake a sweet treat for your friends and neighbors!

Look familiar?  I am seeing this stuff in every room in the house!

Line up….nice and easy, just how I like it :)

First things first, mix up your peanut butter cookie dough.

Next is your cream cheese layer which is just softened cream cheese and a little sugar mixed until smooth.

Press 1/2 of that cookie dough into the bottom of an 8×8 inch baking dish then top with the cream cheese mixture.

Time for the candy layer!

Gotta love Halloween :)

Give a few good chops and….

…top over your cream cheese layer.

Top with remaining cookie dough and time to bake!  350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.

Mmmm :)

Let cool completely ( I did not, do not follow my bad example)  However, I kind of like them gooey like this anyway :)  Grab a tall glass of milk and enjoy….then give some away to your favorite neighbors and friends!

Peanut Butter Cookie and Cream Cheese “Candy” Bars

1 Cup creamy peanut butter

1/2 Cup granulated sugar

1/2 Cup packed light brown sugar

1 large egg

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 1/4 Cups all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

3-4 Tablespoons hot water (enough to dampen the dough)

8 oz softened cream cheese

3 Tablespoons granulated sugar

25 pieces favorite leftover Halloween chocoaltes!

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In stand mixer, beat peanut butter and sugars until well combined.  Add egg and vanilla to combine.

2.  In mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to combine.  Slowly add to wet ingredients then pour in hot water.  Press half of dough into an 8×8 inch baking pan lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.

3.  In another bowl mix the softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth then layer over peanut butter dough.  Cut up chocolates and layer over cream cheese then top with remaining peanut butter cookie dough.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cookie turns golden brown.  Remove and let cool completely then cut into squares.

9 large bars

_____________________________________________

Happy Baking, see you soon!

Comments

Nooooo! I’m supposed to throw away all of this candy, not find heavenly ways to devour it, LOL. Those look scrumptious!!

Amanda :) says:

Okay girl, my eyes just about bugged outta my head when I saw these incredibly indulgent bars!! :) I’m in awe! :)

sibylle says:

great and fun idea! I could also imagine to put fruit in the middle instead of the chocolate, like apples or apricots…
    have a nice day!
    sibylle

Mmmm know where my Halloween candy is going!

there is no way i’d be able to wait for these to cool! YUM these look amazing

Oh yumm!! Time to go dig through my kids’ candy! ;)

Shannon says:

Oh my! I think I’m going to pass out! These look phenomenal!

We don’t have any candy leftover. Sad! I might have to go buy some to make these:)

Oh My!!! These look insane!! Now I know what I’m doing with my leftover candy :)

Susan says:

A gal after my own heart – we are doing a similar recipe today here at our house…with Seven as the official baker. Wish me luck.

Jeannette says:

must follow your bad example!! gooey = best!!

no halloween candy to be seen here, gotta steal some from the siblings ;) juuuust kidding. i would never do that >.>

B Smith says:

At my house…..we call our cookies “medium-rare”!!!

Peggy says:

Oh yeah! This is RIGHT up my alley!! Wooooohoooo! Thanks for sharing!

Sara says:

These look insanely good!

Shannon B. says:

While these looks great…they also make my teeth hurt!! I think the calories are jumping on me from the picture. :)

These look sinfully delicious!

Ronna says:

What a wonderfully creative recipe, Jenny! I’ll be saving this and trying it soon!

Lori Allberry says:

Oh. My. Goodness. I just don’t even know what to say! I was so anxious to show these to my coworkers but decided instead to just ‘tell’ them about them, and told them they would have to wait to taste them tomorrow!

Wow!

♥THANK YOU♥

Punken says:

yummy thats on my list to make this weekend!

I might be regretting sending daughter off last night with all my leftovers to take to work today…but I squirreled away the PB cups and Twix and thinking I have JUST enough to make this work. Can I say ‘Thanks a Lot?’

Tracy says:

Wow, these are just over the top! Yum!

holly says:

You did not just do this!!! Oh my gosh!! Yum, yum, yummmmmy:)

Amanda V. says:

We just bought 3 huge bags of candy because it was on sale..
    this is Perfect!! :)

Jen McDonald says:

I wish you were my neighbor!

Vanessa says:

I declare, you make me drool every time I read your blog. I have to print off every recipe. You are amazing. Keep the yumminess coming!!

NatalieJean says:

Every single recipe that I have tried from your blog has been to DIE for! Every one always begs me to make your Chicken Tostada Bake. I am craving some right now…

From a weight perspective, I’m wishing I hadn’t seen this. But from a Yikes that looks delicious perspective… I’m about to make this tonight. Great idea! Thanks. Have a super night.

Clever and delicious way to use up that Halloween candy!!

I especially like the idea of sharing with the neighbors!!!

[...] pie white chocolate cups fluffy baked doughnuts super cute petite vanilla bean scones http://picky-palate.com/2010/11/03/peanut-butter-cookie-cream-cheese-candy-bars/ oatmeal caramel candy treats oreo swirl brownie [...]

Sara says:

Made these tonight and they were divine! We had leftover Hershey milk chocolate and Reese’s. I had one warm out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Totally hit the spot! Gotta carb-load for my half-marathon on Saturday…

Thanks for the awesome recipe!

Sinfully delicious. Nough said.

You crack me up! You are able to make a scrumptious looking treat out of almost anything lying around your kitchen.

Krista says:

We have so much candy! I am definitely making these…and another batch of Compost Cookies too. I’ve got more than enough candy for both recipes. Great idea!

Bridgett says:

What a fun use of all the candy! These look fabulous.

Marla says:

So many layers of greatness in these treats. Such an awesome way to use up all of that Halloween candy! Drool worthy photos indeed! xo

Heather says:

Yum! These look amazing Jenny! And what a great idea to use up that Halloween candy.

Traci says:

Yum! These look absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Stacy says:

I told my 7 year old we could make these. I’m not sure who is more excited…

Ginger says:

I’m drooling…

Sues says:

You make the best desserts ever and I am insanely jealous of your kids. These look absolutely incredible!!

Carol says:

This sounds so good. Makes me wish we had leftover Halloween candy to use up. Guess I’ll have to buy some & make it for the grands at Thanksgiving.
    Carol

Eliana says:

I see these in my very near future as I need to get rid of a ton of Halloween candy I still have at home. They look awesome.

Mrs. L says:

Okay, I’m now upset that we gave our extra candy away. We should have kept it and made these!

Deborah says:

Oh my goodness – these look absolutely sinful! Now I’m wishing we had some Halloween candy around the house – although these look good enough to go out and buy the candy for them!

Kameron says:

These were a HUGE hit last night!

[...] Peanut Butter Cookie and Cream Cheese “Candy” Bars (Picky Palate) Peanut butter cookie dough, a cream cheese layer, and chopped up candy bars. I can’t even fathom how delicious this is. Can’t wait to make this recipe, and will definitely be using peanut butter cups, or Snickers, or both! [...]

Sherry says:

Oh no no no! I could never have these in my house. I would eat the whole pan!!

Jacqueline says:

No, we had about 300 trick or treaters, so nothing is left but I sure know where to go get some. These look positively sinful, so of course I want one for breakfast.

merium says:

Hmm, I bet these could be made with nut-free butter in our peanut-allergic home! They look great!

Katrina says:

Goodness gracious those look heavenly!