Nov
2010

Nutella-Mallow Pillow Pockets

Tags: , , ,

Desserts

When I tell you this, take me very seriously…..run, don’t walk to your nearest grocery store and make these today!  I knew I wanted to make a Nutella treat the other day and when this simple idea came to mind I had no idea how crazy good it would be!

The pastry with the gooey disappearing marshmallow and nutella make for a treat that you just must try for yourself!

Enjoy!

Can you handle this line up?!  Sorry, I forgot to add one egg for the egg wash :)

Um….this stuff should be illegal.  I think one could devour the entire jar in one sitting!  Well, maybe just me :)

Ok, easy easy.  Spread your Nutella onto center of each pastry square, top with mini marshmallows and fold over!

Take a little fork and crimp those edges, nice and firm.

Next, you’ll brush with an egg white wash and sprinkle with sugar, mmmmm!

Get a load of this!  How crazy good does that look baking in the oven?  Wait until you sink your teeth into it :)

I sprinkled mine with a little powdered sugar :)

Oooey, gooey and delish!

Nutella-Mallow Pillow Pockets

1 package puff pastry, 2 pastry sheets thawed

1 Cup Nutella spread

1 Cup mini marshmallows

Egg white wash: 1 egg white whisked with 1 Tablespoon water

Powdered sugar for dusting

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cut each square of pastry into 4 equal size pieces (I trimmed mine just a little).  Spread a couple tablespoons of Nutella spread onto the center of each pastry leaving 1/2 inch border around edges.  Top each with about 12-15 mini marshmallows and fold over to form a little triangle.  Crimp edges firmly with the tines of a fork.  Brush with egg white wash then sprinkle with granulated sugar.  Bake for 22-25 minutes or until pastry just turns golden.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes, sprinkle with powdered sugar then dig in!

8 pockets

_______________________________

Have a great new week!  See you soon!

Comments

Dinetonite says:

That was looking Delicious

Oh how delicious. I think I could eat a million of these.

wow these look so easy but SO delicious!

These Nutella-mallow pillow pockets are sooooo fun. I will never sleep on a normal pillow again. Delish Jenny! xo

Raejean says:

Our family loves Nutella! I don’t buy it very often because it doesn’t love my waistline. I’ll have to make these for a special treat!

I love marshmallows. I love Nutella (and I, too, could eat a whole jar in one sitting!)… so these look DELICIOUS.

Marci says:

Wow, my butt got bigger just looking at this, but don’t think that’s going to stop me from trying it!!! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Jennifer says:

LOL @ Marci I was totally thinking the same thing while reading this recipe!

Thanks for sharing, I will definitely try these!!!!!

Hecmi says:

You are my hero!!!!!! Thank you so much, I’m so making these as soon as I can :)

Abbeu says:

You’re kidding right? All weekend I have been staring at Nutella and Marshmallow fluff thinking how I should put them together! Oh gosh now I must have!

I am a sucker for Nutella! Love these!

megan says:

I swear Jenny, Your gonna be the next Betty Crocker!!!
    These look amazing an so simple!

I love recipes like this!! So cheap, easy, and yummy!!

Seriously, why hadn’t anyone thought of this yet!!

Amy Holly says:

NOOOOO how will I ever get back on track with my weight when you keep coming up with such scrumdidlyumptious recipes!?!?!?! I’m going to have to do as another fellow commenter stated and make only as a special treat!
    Amen to you being the next Betty Crocker! Can’t wait for the cookbooks!

Megan says:

These look DIVINE!!

mangiabella says:

i lovvvvvvve nutella, these look so tasty, I would love to make these for thanksgiving!

How did the marshmallows fare inside that puff pastry? I made something similar once – my puff pastry s’mores- and ended up having to squeeze a little marshmallow creme on top since the marshmallows melted into oblivion inside the puff pastry! Nutella is a great idea for stuffing inside there :)

Hi Lori,
      The marshmallow actually gave a perfect chewy consistency to the Nutella which I didn’t expect. Some of it oozed out, but what was left inside was delish! I’m afraid to make these again because I could easily eat a whole plate without blinking an eye! Lol!

Liz @ Blog is the New Black says:

Now you’re talking!!!! YUM! :)

Monica says:

These look super yummy! And very affordable to make, too. I’m going to make these for my co-workers.

Angie says:

Hey, I love these, what a great idea, I could eat my weight in them, LOL

Becky B says:

Oh wow! I can’t wait to try this! When I was in Italy a few years ago I had something similar, nutella stuffed in a sweet crescent roll, I’m excited to try this!

Paula says:

Nutella, Marshmallows and Puff Pastry. A trio that should not be ignored. Great recipe and a beautiful looking treat!

Amanda :) says:

Jenny your photos are incredible! That one in the oven with the sugar bokeh is outta this world!! And that last one, with the flaky puff pastry?? Love it!! This looks delicious – and dangerous – as I currently have all three of those ingredients on hand!! :) xoxo

These are brilliant…now, how in the world are you so skinny???!!! :-)

Tracy says:

I love simple desserts and these fit the bill perfectly!

Deborah says:

You are killing me!! And these are so easy – I definitely need to make them!

CookiePie says:

Sooooo yummy – what a treat!!

Rachelle says:

That’s why I never buy Nutella, I’d eat it all and it’d never get used for a recipe! lol

These sound really good! (I love your note paper for the recipes, how do you get that?

Oh, my goodness gracious! I’m definitely trying these as soon as I can get ahold of some mini marshmallows.

On my goodness…you had me at Nutella!

Kristen says:

Cannot wait to make these for my dad when I go home for Thanksgiving! He LOVES Nutella. My mom makes him Nutella croissants, but these look even better!

Nutella AND puff pastry? Oh lordy, yum!

Sharlene says:

So simple but soooooo genius!

Easy to make and crazy delicious is a dangerous combination! These look too good!

MAMOM says:

Leaving for the market to get the ingredients as instructed; it’s only 7pm~ dessert time! Will report back on the results…if I can get myself off the couch after eating them all!! I love Nutella. I love puff pastry. I love to be praised by family, friends, and neighbors that think I measured and labored for hours when it really only took minutes!

I should not have stopped by right before bedtime. Now I’m craving Nutella. Great idea!

Krysten says:

I LOVE Nutella! I make marshmallow fluff and Nutella sandwiches frequently, but I’m sure the puff pastry makes it taste even better!

VickiT says:

These look awesome. Thanks for the recipe.

Bridgett says:

I wish you lived next door, Jenny.
    These are fabulous and I will be making these with my daughter who is a nutella freak. These are going to be awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Jude says:

These are SO yum! I make a version with choc chips instead of the nutella, marshmallows and a few frozen raspberries. Extra yummo!!

Mrs. L says:

Seriously brilliant. But then it said Nutella so what’s not to like? LOL

Really, Wow, Thats all I can say.. I remember exactly in England where I was standing when I tried Nutella for the first time. I am very excited about trying this delicious treat. It reminds me of a Chocolate Cake my wife made for me not to long ago (http://ashandlewplus2.com/2010/09/20/dinner-dessert-and-good-friends/)
    Thank you!!!
    Lew

Natasha says:

Oh believe me!! It is possible:) I consumed a half of a jar of Nutella when I was in Italy last summer in less than 10 minutes..and I’m 15 and under 100 lbs..haha it is COMPLETELY possible. :)

Nicole Peck says:

Oh my word. I LOVE Nutella and am always stumped at ways to use them other than on toasted mini bagels from Costco (which is the only thing I do with it). LOL I MUST try these.

Crissy says:

I thought these were very good. Atleast the part that I could eat. This is the first time I’ve used puff pastry and something must have been wrong with it or I did something wrong because the inner layers didn’t bake up. Is there such a thing as bad puff pastry?

Love Nutella and I think I have all the ingredients on hand – looks like a delicious after-school snack.

Terri says:

When my daughters were young they would wrap canned biscuits around marshmallows – it had a “disappearing center”. They loved them! These pillow pockets take it one step further with the extra goodness of Nutella and a much better outer crust! My daughter (who is now all grown up) wants these waiting for her when she visits for Thanksgiving!

OH. MY. GOSH. It’s like you’ve known me all my life and posted just what I need right now. Those look absolutely amazing and I will definitely be making them asap. I’ll post them on my blog but give you full credit and link it to your blog. Love it, thank you!

Wow this looks delicious. Cant wait to try it for my kids or even a game night with my friends!