These Nutella Butter Cookie Bars are easy to make and perfect for parties. A buttery cookie crust is filled with creamy Nutella to make the ultimate cookie bar!
Nutella Cookie Bars
I had so much fun putting this buttery fantastic cookie bar recipe together. Talk about all of my favorite flavors into one fabulous bar. Buttery cookie crust with Nutella center….oh my goodness. Heaven!! Hope you enjoy!
How to Make The Best Cookie Bars
Start by creaming your butter and sugar.
Continue preparing until dough forms.
Place half of your cookie dough into the bottom of your baking dish.
Break out your jar of Nutella.
Spread your Nutella over the cookie dough.
Once the Nutella is spread, top with remaining cookie dough.
Gently press the dough to cover most of the Nutella and it’s time to bake!
Seriously!! Can’t wait for you to try this one!
Tips For Making The Best Cookie Bars
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie bar.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookie bars. Bars will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before cutting into squares and storing in containers. This will keep their crispness.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
Nutella Butter Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons instant jello pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper
- Place softened butter and sugar into a large bowl, mix until well combined. Stir in egg and vanilla, mixing to combine. Add flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar. Mix until dough forms.
- Press half of dough into bottom of baking sheet. Spread Nutella over dough and spoon the rest of dough over Nutella. Press dough carefully covering most of Nutella, but doesn’t have to be perfectly covered. Bake for 35 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool completely. Cut into squares and serve room temperature.