Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Nov
2010

Nutella-Mallow Pillow Pockets

Tags: , , ,

Desserts

When I tell you this, take me very seriously…..run, don’t walk to your nearest grocery store and make these today!  I knew I wanted to make a Nutella treat the other day and when this simple idea came to mind I had no idea how crazy good it would be!

The pastry with the gooey disappearing marshmallow and nutella make for a treat that you just must try for yourself!

Enjoy!

Can you handle this line up?!  Sorry, I forgot to add one egg for the egg wash :)

Um….this stuff should be illegal.  I think one could devour the entire jar in one sitting!  Well, maybe just me :)

Ok, easy easy.  Spread your Nutella onto center of each pastry square, top with mini marshmallows and fold over!

Take a little fork and crimp those edges, nice and firm.

Next, you’ll brush with an egg white wash and sprinkle with sugar, mmmmm!

Get a load of this!  How crazy good does that look baking in the oven?  Wait until you sink your teeth into it :)

I sprinkled mine with a little powdered sugar :)

Oooey, gooey and delish!

Nutella-Mallow Pillow Pockets

1 package puff pastry, 2 pastry sheets thawed

1 Cup Nutella spread

1 Cup mini marshmallows

Egg white wash: 1 egg white whisked with 1 Tablespoon water

Powdered sugar for dusting

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cut each square of pastry into 4 equal size pieces (I trimmed mine just a little).  Spread a couple tablespoons of Nutella spread onto the center of each pastry leaving 1/2 inch border around edges.  Top each with about 12-15 mini marshmallows and fold over to form a little triangle.  Crimp edges firmly with the tines of a fork.  Brush with egg white wash then sprinkle with granulated sugar.  Bake for 22-25 minutes or until pastry just turns golden.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes, sprinkle with powdered sugar then dig in!

8 pockets

_______________________________

Have a great new week!  See you soon!

Comments

I’ll bet your kids pledged their undying love to you when they tasted these treats!

Robyn says:

These look absolutely delicious!

Chris says:

Oooey, gooey and delish is right! Bad thing for me to visit as I start my “30 day cleanse”. Harrumph…I can still dream….30 days until oooey, gooey and delish! :)

OMG! Jenny, You had me at nutella!

[...] Nutella-Mallow Pillow Pockets – Picky Palate Oh my heck!  These look delicious!  I have them on my to-do list. Share and Enjoy: [...]

Melanie says:

I tried these last night and LOVED them! I was wondering how they might be with jam or lemon curd instead of nutella. Any thoughts on that? Thanks!

mmmmmmm…. I am now going to skip dinner!

My eyes cannot unsee the deliciousness that are these flaky choco-mallow pockets of evil.

Amy says:

Jenny, random question…but where did you get the printed napkins in your photos? They are just my style! Can’t wait to try the recipe for these…I often makes smores with nutella in place of chocolate, but these will be even better with the puff pastry crust!

Kristen says:

My family LOVED these! Should have made a double batch…

these look amazing! i lOVE nutella. i will definitely try making these soon!

Chantel says:

Just made them…YUMMY! Thanks for the recipe!

Tiffany says:

These came out SO good.. I ended up making another batch and cut up the puff pastry into very small squares to make bite sized ones… they were a big hit at work! Thanks!

Jenna says:

I made these last week – got rave reviews. Seriously amazing.

Jessie says:

ok, ok, i’m running!

Jen says:

I just stumbled upon these yummy nutella-mallow treats. I love your photos. Beautifully delicious.

Marta Elena says:

Se ve suculento lo haré a ver que tal! mmmm

Stephen says:

Can’t help thinking these would be even better if you actually rolled out the puff pastry lightly so it had a more even rise and delicate texture. Straight from the box, the texture tends to be a bit heavy and thick. You’d also be able to get more than 8 from a box, but perhaps would need to use less filling. I shall have to experiment! :-) I wonder who on earth will eat the test batches! :-)

Rissa says:

So I just made these for a party and hell, I had to steal 3 BACK or else there’d be none left for the fam. Thanks soo much for this recipe!

tommy says:

looks like a variety of fillings would work with these

Fun, easy and mouth-watering idea! You always have recipes that make me smile. Happiest NEw Year, too, Jenny! Hope to see you soon.

These look amazing, so amazing in fact that I wish I’d never seen them! Now I wish they were sitting right in front of me, sigh.

john b says:

really? and what’s the transfat and sugar content of these? yeah, nice and healthy. go ahead…feed them to your overweight offspring so they can take after their overweight parents and add another burden to society.

the only good thing about fat people is that they tend to not live very long so they end up costing society less money.

This looks stunning – and so easy!! And I love Nutella a whole lot. =) Definitely putting this on my “Recipes to try” list. Thanks!

Mary says:

Holy moly you are the devil! We LOVE LOVE LOVE Nuetella! Can’t wait to try these!!!

Melissa says:

Oh, these look fabulous! I love Nutella and I know I’ll be making these!

Margie says:

I have to say that we LOVED these.. note: if you are out of mini marshmallows, we used the whole ones and cut them in half and it was just fine.

[...] by the way, I could really use some of these right about [...]

[...] all of the goodness that is this delicious, sweet, and creamy Italian spread. I came across this yummy-sounding yet simple recipe on Picky Palate and thought it would be the perfect way to ring in [...]

Kitten says:

Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow. These look AMAZING. I can image eating these with a creamy hot chocolate (with more marshmallows, obviously) and dipping them in. nom nom nom :) these will be getting made this weekend as a super special treat.

Wow! These look fabulous, thanks for sharing with us. I’m a huge fan of nutella. I’m going to serve these next time I have guests!!!

[...] Nutella, two ways.  Nutella Croissants, from the lovely Becky Higgins, and Nutella Turnovers, from Picky Palate.  Usually, when I bake with Nutella, I can’t taste any difference between it and chocolate. [...]

Sofia says:

Awesome for my kids!!! Thanks!

Simone Taylor says:

I just “stumbled” upon your site and was immediately smitten. Thank you for blogging, thank you for sharing… sites like yours give me inspiration.

IQTech says:

Maranatha makes a Dark Chocolate Almond spread that is even better than Nutella. I plan to give this recipe a try with their spread!

[...] Source: adapted from Picky Palate [...]

I can honestly say we made these and they are DELICIOUS! Ours didn’t picture as well as yours did, but they were phenomenal. Great quick, easy, and delicious recipe, a must make again.

DANKyle says:

Yeeeeeeeessssssssssssss.

[...] the piece de resistance) Nutella Pillow Pockets from Picky [...]

Kaili says:

You are a god! Oh and you are definately not the only one that can eat a jar of Nutella in one sitting. Lol we bring ours to work and eat club crackers, brownies, and even chicken with ours (its suprisingly good) lol when I saw this I saved it because I am DEFINATELY making them when I get paid!!

Whats not to love about nutella? anything with nutella is an instant fave of mine.

Brandon says:

Woah. These look DELICIOUS!

Tess says:

OH MY. Found your recipe thanks to Stumble Upon a few days ago, just had my first bite of one of these and I’m in love! So fab and easy and delicious. I can’t wait to make these for a party. I added a little cinnamon to the sprinkled on sugar for a little extra yum.

dey says:

Just wanted to tell you how wonderfully amazing these were. They were so easy to make and just about wanted to die with every bite I took- so delicious!

cookthegood says:

Very nice step by step illustration..indeed, there is a think should be mentioned that is there any necessary to add sugar in the dough?

Best Regards.

cookthegood says:

Sorry I am re posting it b/c of typo.

Very nice step by step illustration..indeed, there is a thing I think should be mentioned that is there any necessary to add sugar in the dough?

Best Regards.