Dec
2010

Gingersnap Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Cinnamon Buttercream

Desserts

More festive baking coming your way :)  Christmas is right around the corner, can hardly believe it!!

Gingersnaps are one of my favorite cookies so I decided to incorporate them into a cupcake and….yowsa these turned out good.  You top these bad boys with a few dollops of my Vanilla Bean Cinnamon Butter cream and find yourself licking your fingers clean.  Enjoy friends :)

There’s a step by step video of this festive cupcake at the bottom of this post that I worked on with Goodbite, take a peek :)

Gingersnap Cupcakes with Simple Vanilla Bean Cinnamon Buttercream

Frosting
1 stick unsalted butter, softened

2 1/2 Cups powdered/confectioners sugar

1/4 Cup milk

1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds removed

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add in eggs and molasses until well combined.

In a large bowl combine the flour, ground gingersnap cookies, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  Add half to wet ingredients then half of milk and vanilla ending with remaining dry ingredients and milk/vanilla.

Scoop batter into 12 lined cupcake cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center.  Remove and let cool completely.

To make frosting beat softened butter and powdered sugar in mixing bowl until smooth while slowly adding milk/vanilla and cinnamon in to get a smooth thick frosting.  When cupcakes are cooled spread over tops and serve.

12 cupcakes

______________________________________

Comments

Lora says:

Gingersnap cupcakes. what a great idea! Cute video as well.

Gingersnaps are a favorite cookie of mine! What a great idea to incorporate them into a cookie!
    Looks amazing!

Perfect for the holidays. I always love a good cupcake.

Gingersnaps and molasses in a cupcake sounds great! Your video made it look so easy too.

considering my recent addiction to gingersnaps this sounds great!

Yummy! What’s more perfect for the holidays than ginger cakes?! These look delish!

ok, so i’m now officially 10 lbs heavier because i made your brownie-baked oreos last night!

Michelle says:

Oh my goodness, this is a great cupcake. I love when you can turn favorite treats on their ear like this.

Liz says:

Vanilla bean cinnamon buttercream! Oh my gosh! I would love to use that for my pumpkin whoopie pies.

Teresa says:

How much cinnamon do you add to the frosting?

Janie says:

They look good..and sound good..gingersnaps are one of my favorite cookies…

Yum! I love this time of year! So many delicious treats!

Mads says:

Wow, that looks like such an insanely delicious cupcake!
    I have yet to find anything resemble gingersnaps or gingerbread cookies in LA. I’m confused because it seems like California should be all over that.
    Oh well, I’ll have to drool vicariously through these pictures.

Sarah K. says:

Sounds delicious! And I love the notebook paper graphic you have behind the recipe, that’s awesome!!

Wenderly says:

Could you be any cuter love? Nope…I don’t think so! Looks like you’re ready for HGTV! :)

YUM what perfect cupcakes!! Love the sweet spices in them and he frosting!

Your recipes never disappoint! They look lovely!

Nicole says:

I put a link to this post in my blog. This sounds delightful!! I can’t wait to try it!

Jenny, these are the perfect winter holiday cupcakes. They look delish & I bet the house smells wonderful as they bake. xo

I am pretty sure I could eat that frosting all day long:)

Becca H says:

Oh Lordy have mercy… ginger and vanilla bean… two of my favorite flavors in the universe. Pair that with the fact that I’ll be starting my cake rotation in culinary school next Monday. Every Thursday, we’re required to bring in a practical homework assignment. Guess there’s no wondering what I’LL be making for homework next week! :-)

Susan says:

These look delicious, Jenny! We are making gingerbread cookies today – wish I had some of these, too though!

You are simply amazing! Those look delicious! Can’t wait to try them!

Tracy says:

These are so perfect for the holidays – so festive and yummy!

That frosting has me drooling…I love the flavor combination. OK, the cupcakes sound great too, but I’d take a bowl of that frosting right now. Vanilla and cinnamon are two of my favorite flavors. I bet the frosting would be awesome on some homemade cinnamon rolls too!

holly says:

These sound amazing! Loved the video too;)

These cupcakes are absolutely beautiful!

peggy says:

Definitely a genius idea to turn a classic cookie into a cupcake! that buttercream sounds delicious as well!

Love this Jenny – love if you can email me to chat about this recipe and babble!

Karly says:

Oh, these are just perfect for the holidays. What a cute idea!

Deborah says:

I’m not a huge gingersnap fan, but I’m pretty sure these would change my mind!!

Great job on the video, Jenny. These cupcakes would be very popular in my house!

Those look delicious I love gingersnaps!

Oh my, these look like little bites of heaven! Perfect for the Christmas dessert buffet!!!

[...] Whenever I’m in the mood to make cookies and I ask the house in general what kind they should be, my son always pipes up with “Molasses!”  He would love these Gingersnap Cupcakes from Picky Palate. [...]

[...] Gingersnap Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Cinnamon Buttercream …Dec 9, 2010 … Gingersnap Cupcakes with Simple Vanilla Bean Cinnamon Buttercream 1 stick softened butter 3/4 Cup granulated sugar 2 large eggs 3 … [...]