More festive baking coming your way 🙂 Christmas is right around the corner, can hardly believe it!!
Gingersnaps are one of my favorite cookies so I decided to incorporate them into a cupcake and….yowsa these turned out good. You top these bad boys with a few dollops of my Vanilla Bean Cinnamon Butter cream and find yourself licking your fingers clean. Enjoy friends 🙂
There’s a step by step video of this festive cupcake at the bottom of this post that I worked on with Goodbite, take a peek 🙂
Gingersnap Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Cinnamon Buttercream
- 1 stick softened butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup gingersnap cookies ground very fine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered/confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and molasses until well combined.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, ground gingersnap cookies, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add half to wet ingredients then half of milk and vanilla ending with remaining dry ingredients and milk/vanilla.
- Scoop batter into 12 lined cupcake cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center. Remove and let cool completely.
- To make frosting beat softened butter and powdered sugar in mixing bowl until smooth while slowly adding milk/vanilla and cinnamon in to get a smooth thick frosting.
- When cupcakes are cooled spread over tops and serve.