Dec
2010

Hot Chocolate Cupcakes With Mint Kissed Centers

Tags: , , , , ,

Desserts

I had so much fun creating this cupcake :)  Hot chocolate is the best during the winter so why not add it to your cupcakes?!  Talk about a dreamy soft chocolate cupcake with a surprise mint truffle kissed center.  These are truly to die for….can’t wait for you guys to give these a try.  Can you practically taste the toasted marshmallows on top?  Mmmm!

Have fun whipping these up with your family.  They’ll be a huge hit :)  Happy baking!

Here’s your line up!

Feel free to use any brand of hot chocolate mix, even your own recipe is A-OK :)

Make a small cup of hot chocolate for the cupcake batter.  Just warm milk, not hot!

Pour in!

This is some good batter :)

Fill your cupcake liners up….

Break out your mint kisses or even the candy cane ones work :)

Mmmmm!

Press a kiss in centers of cupcakes and time to bake.

Pretty!

Top with marshmallows and bake some more.

Until they look like this :)

Stick a trimmed straw inside for a little decoration and time to EAT!

Hot Chocolate Cupcakes With Mint Kissed Centers

1 Devils Food Cake Mix

4 eggs

1/2 Cup vegetable oil

1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix

1 Cup sour cream

3/4 Cup warm milk mixed with 1 packet hot chocolate mix

24 mint truffle kisses (or the Candy Cane ones work great too)

3-4 Cups mini marshmallows

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Place cake mix,  eggs, oil, pudding mix, sour cream and mixed hot chocolate into a stand mixer on medium speed.  Mix until well combined, about 1 1/2 minutes.  Scoop into 24 paper lined muffin tins about 3/4 full.  Place a mint truffle kiss into center of each cupcake pressing to bottom.  Bake for 18 minutes, remove and top with marshmallow.  Return back to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed and just starting to brown.  Remove and let cool.  You can place a cut straw into each cupcake if desired to decorate.

24 cupcakes

____________________________________

Hope you enjoy!  Have a great rest of your week!!

Comments

fatim says:

love the recipe….thanks!

holly says:

Genius!!! I think I have everything in my pantry for these! Thanks:)

Raymund says:

Wow, wow, wow. This is brilliant, one of the most creative recipes I ever encountered. I definitely would try this one out!

sanz says:

awesomeness !! I am so trying these , soon !!

what a fabulous presentation! love this!

How FUN!!!! And I love the minty little surprise in the center!

Sanjeeta kk says:

INNOVATION at its best :) Can you please turn that tempting straw, want to have a sip…Simply awesome. Love it.

Heather says:

These look yummy! Did you use a mini-muffin pan or a regular one? I just ask because my regular pan is only 12 and your picture is a 24 count pan. Thanks!!!

You amaze me with your creativity! These are perfect for kids of all ages :)

these are SO adorable! perfect for holiday dinner parties :)

Shana says:

This looks fun! Jenny I have so much fun with your recipes. I need to eat gluten free and most of your recipes I am able to convert. This will be another one to try YEAH!

Alaina says:

love love love this idea! You are amazing :)

Suzy says:

Yum! I’m so glad I can always count on you to post recipes for stuff that I’ll likely already have…and mint truffle kisses..I totally have them! :) Thanks!!

yum!!! These look awesome. i love how creative you are :)

Kristen says:

Aren’t those the cutest things?

Wow.. So you said you had fun making them, but how much fun did you have eating them? That is always something I enjoy trying them after creating something cool like these. Have a great day
    Lew

Eve says:

These look delicious. I have a student with a birthday before we go into Christmas break next week, I think I will make these for her treat. I am sure the extras will be devoured in the teacher’s loung if my husband does not get to them before hand.

Jenny – these just look AMAZING! I am absolutely making…but with Nestle hot cocoa and dark chocolate/mint morsels. :) Your photography is always so appetizing…you do great work! Happy holidays to you and family!
    Chris

Liz says:

Oh my gosh – a cupcake on top of a cup of hot cocoa – every child (and adult’s) winter dream!

Jenny, this is the greatest idea & so festive too!! Love the mint kisses in the center. The straw is adorable :) XO

beth h says:

omgosh these look DELICIOUS!!! You are EVVVVVILLLL!!!

Lori Allberry says:

Jenny – I don’t know how you do it – but every recipe knocks my socks off! You are amazing! I will be making this for my party next week!

♥Lori

These are absolutely adorable!

I can’t wait to try these for my next holiday party.

Cheers!

Deborah says:

YUM!! I’m afraid if I open up my bag of cookies, I’ll just eat them all! But these look like the perfect way to bake with them.

Those look amazing!!!! I love hot chocolate!

with love and cupcakes,
    Cookteen

cookteen.com

Rachel says:

WOW! I am not sure I’d like the mint though so I might try a different ‘kiss’. I do know some who would though, and I am forwarding them this link :) You are so creative!!!! ((LOVE!))

Joanne says:

Adorable! The photo just makes me want to smile!
    They look delicious.

Amanda says:

Jenny, these are so brilliant! Love the toasted marshmallows on top. Can’t wait to try these! :)

Amanda says:

Those look yummy!! You’re so creative!!

How cute!!! I just got a bunch a mint kisses as a gift and now I know what to do with them :).

Kacey says:

I made these today for my kids teacher gifts, and filled the bottom of the mugs with treats to help hold the cupcake up.(and a side note is…my mallows were a tiny bit stale but they still worked, and they held their shape perfectly so they just look toasted) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! They are amazing!

Vanessa says:

How on earth do you come up with these recipes?! Everytime I read your blog I print off the recipes. I love them! I drool when I read them! Then have to go to the store to get the ingredients. Thanks for such wonderful ideas. This one will be so much fun to do!

Rachel; says:

Another amazing recipe!!!

These are some of the cutest lil cupcakes ever. And I love hot chocolate with marshmallows on top. Yummy!

Wow! What a creation! These look absolutely amazing.

Courtney says:

Yum, love the little surprise in the middle :)

Tracy says:

I love hot chocolate cupcakes! Mmmm.

Sarah says:

Baking these up as I type this. My kitchen smells of hot cocoa! Mmmmm! I’m using the candy cane kisses as I couldn’t find the mint truffle ones anywhere. I think they will work great, though. I’m putting them in tall decorative mugs with packets of hot cocoa and candy underneath as teacher gifts today! Thanks for the great idea!!

Oh my goodness! These look incredible! You’ve done it again! Thanks : )

Peggy says:

Where did you get your 24 regular size cupcake pan? I love it!

susan says:

jenny – these are adorable! such a great idea!

Ginny says:

Just made these cupcakes with peppermint kisses! I made them for my mom bday tomorrow had to try one so yummy!! She will be so excited!

Oh my goodness..these look amazing! What a creative treat!

I made these for my kids and neighbors yesterday~what a hit!!! Everyone loved them. They were easy to make, and they are super cute and taste SO good! Thanks for all of your great ideas, I’ve made many!

Mads says:

These are too cute!
    I just got all of the ingredients for your gingersnap cookies…I’m so excited to try them! I’ll post back to let you know how it went.
    Perfect recipes, every time :)

Juliana from NC says:

Yummm.. adding these to my holiday baking rotation.. thanks for sharing! Happy Holidays!

[...] LOVE the adorable Hot Chocolate Cupcake with Mint Kissed Centers she has on her blog right [...]